Jon Jones partners with Richard Schaefer!

really enjoyed the impressions. cheers for posting, sent on!

1 Like

no further clarification required lol

3 Likes

Well, that at least sounds like positive news. Good to see Jon had the wherewithal to hire someone who has a good relationship with Dana.

First smart thing heā€™s done in years.

1 Like

Yea im cool w it. Initially I thought he was w Oscarā€™s ppl, but once realizing heā€™s in Danaā€™s good graces I was happy. Hearing him speak he seems reasonable and level headed.

Good news for Jon hes been horribly managed (even it was his own choices)

Itā€™s crazy how scummy the boxing and MMA business is. But these are the guys running it so deal probably gets done soon

it would be funny if he got the deal done, inked a new contract that Jon will actually meet and walked off saying they were squabbling children. (because he obviously thinks it, given what he has said about the negotiations so far.)

Iā€™m not sure I see Jon as a huge PPV draw in his own promotion and I also donā€™t see Dana giving his advisor the deal he didnā€™t give Jon.

So Iā€™m not sure his situation moves forward from this news.

Chael seems to agree that Schaffer could get a deal done.

Itā€™s amazing that it takes some high price dude to go from the second weakest division to the weakest division and sign a fight there.

Notice how Danaā€™s attitude change? Richard owns Vegas

What do you have to back this up?

Iā€™m not calling bs. I 100% want to believe you so donā€™t take it as me being a dick head. I expected him to come off as a dumb cunt, but Richard came off very smooth and political. He wasnā€™t throwing his dick around or trying some cheap ass Ali abdelaziz shit. From a sales/promoting perspective he handled it as a blackbelt. Curious what additional info you have.

I donā€™t have anything that specifically says he owns Vegas. I just know that he has hand in everything that has to do with entertainment in Vegas. Piss him off and you will only get highschool gymns to perform your shows in.

1 Like

Did you read the article? Thereā€™s nothing about him starting his own promotion. Richard is basically a mafia lieutenant. Shit gets done his way or you leave town.

1 Like

I would say Dana could be classified as a ā€œmafia lieutenantā€ or better when it comes to Vegas.

At the end of the day, people like Schaffer and Dana are on the same team. Like I said in my post above, this is the smartest thing Jones has done in years. Should have done this years ago.

1 Like

As far as MMA is concerned, but next to Richard he would classify as a mini-lieutenant. He runs Vegas entertainment

Who is Richards boss? Or the General of Vegas?

So what happens with this guy if Lewis beats Ngannou???

1 Like

Well, he might be involved in sponsorship and other revenue streams.

But even apart from that, the goal is to get John 10-18 million for this one fight, or maybe multiple fights on a new deal. - and if he does he will take a big cut, say 5-10%.

So its a worthwhile project for them both.