Jon Jones partners with Richard Schaefer!

I agree. Amanda Nunes going up to featherweight shouldnt have taken as long as it did.

1 Like

I like that the first thing I heard him say is that thereā€™s going to be no more public negotiating, because Iā€™m tired of the stupid public dick swinging and brain dead ā€œ$30M or Iā€™m gonna retireā€ threats. Thatā€™s not negotiating. Jones needs to sit back now, shut his mouth, and let this guy do his job.

But he wonā€™t, so I guess weā€™ll see what happens. Jones has such an incessant need to be ā€œthat guyā€ (even though heā€™s not and has never been), that he wonā€™t be able to help himself, so Iā€™m wondering how many fires he sets until this guy quits or books some sort of a deal.

I know Jonā€™s half retarded but hes gotta be a bit desperate at this point. He always seemed to have a good relationship w his manager so itā€™d a big decision to cut ties and get w this guy. Iā€™m a bit surprised and proud of Jon for doing it. He better not be dumb enough to continue dick swinging goofball shit.

Iā€™m a big Jon Jones fan :sunglasses:

Tim And Eric Smile GIF

Itā€™s hard to tell whether or not Jones overplayed his hand and overestimated his value when he got into all this, or whether or not he had this all planned and has a real shot at monetizing a fight with Ngannou thatā€™s financially beyond his agreed upon deal.

Thatā€™s what I mean by him not being that ā€œguyā€. He might be the GOAT of the sport, undefeated, etc, but IMO no one beyond a hard core Jones fan really gives a shit if he ever actually moves up to HW or fights Ngannou. The power move heā€™s trying to pull is some shit you do if youā€™re McGregor, or Rousey, or Khabib, or Lesnar. Jones is an incredible fighter, but heā€™s not the transcendent personality of one the above names.

Jones is either really smart here, or really fucking dumb. Heā€™s shown the capacity to be both over the years.

This is where youā€™re wrong.

I certainly canā€™t speak for every man, woman and child on the planet, but it seems to me (at least from sources I follow) that the universe isnā€™t exactly clamoring for it. Most of what I see seems to be that people are kinda past it, that heā€™s not the fighter he was, and that theyā€™re just over the drama and internet stuff.

Iā€™d watch it, because Iā€™m a big MMA fan, but Iā€™d be interested to see what the mass appeal is, and if Jones can get what Jones feels heā€™s worth to step into the cage. Obviously, Dana isnā€™t going to whip out his checkbook and scribble $30M, so weā€™re probably a ways off to seeing this come to fruition.

This would be guaranteed one of the highest grossing PPV of the year. Only man beating it would be Conor.

Jon Jones is essentially undefeated. He is the UFCā€™s top ranked pound for pound.

Donā€™t fall for the talk that heā€™s fallen off.

1 Like

I definitely agree that under current affairs, itā€™s one of the bigger fights right Inow. Itā€™s just that UFC can hold their breath in this matter (I hope they donā€™t). I do however think that the Santos and Reyes fights hurt his aura, though, and he looked a lot more human. I hope the Ngannou fight eventually happens, and I think it will.

Itā€™s a great fight, but neither Frances nor Jones are huge draws. They just arenā€™t.

True for casuals. But if Francis beats Lewis in spectacular fashion in front of a live event PPV it will help him immensely.

Then you put the UFC marketing machine behind the UFCā€™s HW Mike Tyson and their casual fan perceived greatest of all time. That almost instantly turns into at least a million PPV buys.