Jon Jones will easily beat Gane

I’m going with Gane with a late round stoppage or decision win. Sorry, but this taking 3 years off, pissing away my prime while continuously getting in trouble with the Law ain’t exactly a winning strategy. Perhaps he’ll prove me wrong because Gane might likely fold like he did against Ngannou

1 Like

Laying on top of someone isn’t out grappling them, only in deluded MMA fanboys’ minds

1 Like

Lay N Pray been around since it was called NHB not MMA don’t you remember casual. Grappling is all about control, you don’t need to constantly change position or advance if you keep control if you don’t want too. The ref can stand them up now or give them a stall warning so Lay N Pray days are gone

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s true. Makhachev had Volkanovski’s back for most of a round with no instructions to fight for the choke. He was allowed to control.

To be honest, I’m not sure I know if there’s a way to significantly improve the rules. A dominant position should be exploited but it seems like the refs aren’t going to call for a standup even if the person in the dominant position is doing very little.

Along the cage they seem more willing but even still it doesn’t seem too different from 10 to 15 years ago to me.

Gane is still a rookie in this game. Jones will son that Frenchman.

2 Likes

Agreed. Francis & Gane are bellator level heavyweights compared to Jones’ skills. I think Jones drowns gane with his wrestling

1 Like

This fight is in two weeks and I haven’t seen a single stare down or press conference. Weird.

2 Likes

Jones out struck him.

I’ll say it again

OP got results right but not the way he thought. Jones outwrestled Gane so easily it was shocking.

Oh!