Jones : 10 Million is NOT enough

MarcusAurelioFan - 
Hong Kong Phooey -
livelaughlove - 

he's right. look at who own's the ufc. they can afford it.

Maybe they can , but is he worth it ?

yeah, he's worth it.

Jones is a proven draw. UFC has very little of that in the LHW and HW division otherwise.

cormier is done. Miocic could get a rubber match.. and... that's it...

they tried to make Israel 'the guy' of the LHW division, but that was a rude awakening for them. they have a champ with zero name value in a division with zero name value.

one way or another Jones is getting paid. just depends on where UFC needs him more.

What has Jones last 2 fights drawn? Just curious cause I really dont know.

If Jones truly believes this is a massive PPV draw fight. Then he should negotiate for PPV points with the big dollars kicking in after 1M. That would be truly earned based on his drawing power.

As far as I know, Jones has never hit 1M buys. So he isnt even Jorge Masvidal level draw, who drew 1.3 for the Usman fight.

1 Like
AnotherTMAguy -

Just as a comparison, Conor got $5m and PPV points against Poirer. So possibly $8m against another contender that he had an even shot against.

JJ is going up in weight to fight for the heavyweight championship against the most lethal puncher in the division. He deserves more than $8m for the challenge.

Conor brings in way more eyeballs and revenue.  Jones isn’t thy big a draw and his stock has taken a hit with all the bullshit and recent performances .

1 Like
EckY -
AnotherTMAguy -

Just as a comparison, Conor got $5m and PPV points against Poirer. So possibly $8m against another contender that he had an even shot against.

JJ is going up in weight to fight for the heavyweight championship against the most lethal puncher in the division. He deserves more than $8m for the challenge.

Conor brings in way more eyeballs and revenue. Jones isn’t thy big a draw and his stock has taken a hit with all the bullshit and recent performances .

Like I said

![When Irish Eyes Are Smiling SVG Files | Kelly Lollar Designs](upload://cR0jFv4Tgwm93ThJUUtcMcfXdC3.jpeg)

Steven McTowelie - 
Rickmassmma -
AnotherTMAguy - 

The problem with 90% of this conversation is that people are assuming guys are making much less than they are, and act as if Jon is asking for unprecedented numbers. Conor said he made around $50M for the Khabib fight, and was predicting to make $80M for the Cerrone fight. Even if you think he’s full of shit, you think he’s THAT full of shit? Conor is not making anywhere close to $8M a fight.

Google around about it…well respected news outlets estimate Conor’s earnings from the first Diaz fight to be around $10M with him earning $25M for the second one. Several places estimated Conor made $50M for Khabib, not just Conor tweeting it.

Watch…after Jones and the UFC figure out his deal, the reported earnings will be something like $2M flat for the payday and people here will be like “LOL, he said $10M wasn’t enough and fought for $2M hahahahhaha loser” when realistically Jon will earn $15-20M for the fight with a reported income of $2M.

I 100% think Conor is THAT full of shit.

So you think random dudes estimating his pay to be $8M on the UG with absolutely nothing to base that on, other than their best guess are closer to the number than places like Forbes magazine, whose job is to get that shit right? Makes sense, carry on.

No amount of money is enough, he doesn’t want the fight. Cant blame him.

2 Likes
Rickmassmma -
Steven McTowelie - 
Rickmassmma -
AnotherTMAguy - 

The problem with 90% of this conversation is that people are assuming guys are making much less than they are, and act as if Jon is asking for unprecedented numbers. Conor said he made around $50M for the Khabib fight, and was predicting to make $80M for the Cerrone fight. Even if you think he’s full of shit, you think he’s THAT full of shit? Conor is not making anywhere close to $8M a fight.

Google around about it…well respected news outlets estimate Conor’s earnings from the first Diaz fight to be around $10M with him earning $25M for the second one. Several places estimated Conor made $50M for Khabib, not just Conor tweeting it.

Watch…after Jones and the UFC figure out his deal, the reported earnings will be something like $2M flat for the payday and people here will be like “LOL, he said $10M wasn’t enough and fought for $2M hahahahhaha loser” when realistically Jon will earn $15-20M for the fight with a reported income of $2M.

I 100% think Conor is THAT full of shit.

So you think random dudes estimating his pay to be $8M on the UG with absolutely nothing to base that on, other than their best guess are closer to the number than places like Forbes magazine, whose job is to get that shit right? Makes sense, carry on.

Forbes lol

They guess based on what we can all guess with.

Literally the only people that know what McGregor makes is him, the people cutting the cheques, some tax people and bankers.

Note that list doesn’t include you, me, or Forbes.

Note this secrecy also allows Conor, who LOVES his money image, to say whatever the fuck he wants.

Forbes job is to sell magazines, not “get that shit right”.

What is their source on $50MM? Conor?

What was the path that makes any sense for Conor to have been paid $80MM to fight Cerrone? What path makes sense in your mind?

$10MM base pay and then $10/PPV for 7,000,000  PPVs?

Where does that money come from? It’s impossible.

But do carry on as you say!

Hong Kong Phooey -

JJ has 2 Other Brothers to support right out of their NFL Careers , just sayin 

That are also drug cheats 

#BlackBeast 

10 mil is definitely fair. Granted, anyone who fights Francis should receive hazard pay in addition to the purse or have it factored in that win/lose/draw the fight will take 5 years off your life. 

Its hard for Jon to have leverage. He can just hold out.

But UFC can make Derrick/Stipe 3/Volkov fights for the next 18 months if they want to play hardball.

They also have Usman/Masvidal 2 - Conor/Dustin 3 - That big Nate Diaz card, and many others.

Francis might be the only person in the world I wouldn't fight for $7 million

The only thing that really matters in any salary negotiation is the person's market value.  As such, the question is can Bones get what he's asking for outside of the UFC?  UFC is currently the only promotion with the PPV format and competition worthy of JJ's skills (making it the highest paid promotion in MMA for top level fighters).  So, as much as Bones keep crying to be released, out in the open market, other promotions won't be able to touch him, and DW and the UFC know that very well.  Bones is gonna have to cave and accept an offer from the UFC if he wants to fight Ngannou.

jgiveshead -
Hong Kong Phooey -

https://twitter.com/Thebeast_ufc/status/1377292224745115651?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1377292224745115651%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bjpenn.com%2Fmma-news%2Fufc%2Fderrick-lewis-reacts-to-the-news-jon-jones-wants-8-to-10-million-to-fight-francis-ngannou%2F

That's hilarious.

The funny thing is, Derrick Lewis vs Ngannou is the FAR greater fight.  Jones--IF he ever moves up, which he wont--will get folded like a lawn chair inside 2 rounds.  Jones vs Ngannou probably looks exactly like Stipe vs Ngannou... Jones underestimates Ngannou's takedown defense, shoots for a shot he probably shouldn't have gone for, and then gets pounded on.  Stipe's failed takedown changed the fight, it was the beginning of the end... and it'll be the thing that ends Jones if he ever moves up.

This is beyond retarded

1 Like
Hong Kong Phooey -

https://twitter.com/Thebeast_ufc/status/1377292224745115651?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1377292224745115651%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bjpenn.com%2Fmma-news%2Fufc%2Fderrick-lewis-reacts-to-the-news-jon-jones-wants-8-to-10-million-to-fight-francis-ngannou%2F

That fat fuk should start running, cuz all he does is tries to inhale ogyxen

the  problem is i dont even care if derrick ever fights again

Just sit on the sidelines and make 0 dollars fighting then. 

2 Likes

Jones did alot crazy things outside and inside octogon, give him his money, dude fought everyone, dominated, is never beaten, i would love to see it

Good for him, hope he leads a union charge if he doesn't get it.

Lots of other guys they can match Francis up with and build his KO highlight reel. 

1 Like
NKcell - I wouldn’t consider it a fight of great magnitude. Jon Jones is washed up and on the take end of his career and will not nearly as impressive at HW.

Ngannou is a 1 trick pony who benefits greatly from the current social climate.

I agree about Jones. I don't agree about Francis 

it's a big fight mate. Can't deny that but Jones is being ridiculous here

1 Like

10 mill does not keep you in Jones level coke for long.

1 Like