Jones: Cormier is a big hater of mine

Ocean6 - The blinding hate is strong with many souls on this thread
So is the starry-eyed ball licking. Phone Post 3.0

"Glover not ready, Comier undeserving"

Dude, you have to actually fight somebody.

Thanks for for talking me out of your next 2 PPV's Jones.

What School of Business did this guy go to?

two things.

First DC is coming at him cause he cant/wont fight for the HW title while Cain is champ and he knows Jones is a star and a champ.  DC knows that getting at Jones and talking shit and building up a fued is the fastest way to cut the line and get a title fight.  Not to mention it makes the fight more promotable if they have beef.

For Jones I think he knows DC is probably the most dangerous challenger right now for him with his wrestling and his striking/power.  I think he would much rather fight Glover cause he can bully Glover.  DC is gonna be a much tougher fight so thats why he is playing him off as a nobody who doesnt deserve to fight him.

bjj red belt - 
RileyPust -
bjj red belt - 
RileyPust -

I'm going on Twitter to see if Joe Calzaghe wants to go grab a beer and connect on a racial level.

You're Welsh? Phone Post

That's an ethnicity and a nationality, but not a race.

Pretty sure race and ethnicity are the same thing but ok. Phone Post

Nope. Irish, French, Welsh, German, Slovak etc are all ethnicities within the Caucasian race. Nationality is defined by the country you were born in. Ethnicity is a combination of genes and culture, whereas race is a scientific distinction between subspecies of human being. Italians and Irish were both discriminated against when they arrived in the states, an example of "ethnic discrimination" rather than racism.

Obviously I understand the point he was attempting to make about the common ethnic background, but I don't really see why that needed to be brought into it. I wouldn't call it racism, but it still seems ignorant to say that you should get along automatically because you are the same color. Whether you're using it positively or negatively, skin color still does not determine character or relatabilty (not a real word?) .

Also I think DC should probably have at least one fight at LHW before Jones, but we'll see how the Big Country fight goes. He certainly isn't far off from a shot though IMO Phone Post 3.0

It's not just DC buddy...

-honky/arab Phone Post 3.0

It's not just DC the majority of the population (those that are aware of mma anyway) hate him

He's such a GREAT fighter yet seems so awkward socially. That's a rare mix in a "non-shy" person.

It's a different kind of racism I think it's a "house slave" type situation. Southern African Americans are different culturally as southern whites are to northerner whites. Dan Cromier (LA) Rampage (TN) Mo Lawal (tx) Melvin (tx or LA) don't get along with Northern Jones (NY) Phone Post 3.0

ajjr0ller - 
Attila - "he hasn't really proved much."

Yeah, he only won the arguably most stacked tournament in the history of the sport.

He was seeded directly into the semi-finals as a replacement for Overeem. Still impressive to beat big foot and Barnett, but it's hard for me to consider him a tournament winner. Phone Post

He beat Monson to earn that spot as a replacement and fought his way through the rest of the tournament. Consider it whatever you want - he destroyed/dominated two top heavyweights in BigFoot and Barnett. To say he hasn't proven much is pure ignorance. Which of Jones victories could be considered more impressive than Barnett? None, and that's not even debatable.

Attila - 
ajjr0ller - 

Yeah, he only won the arguably most stacked tournament in the history of the sport.

He was seeded directly into the semi-finals as a replacement for Overeem. Still impressive to beat big foot and Barnett, but it's hard for me to consider him a tournament winner. Phone Post

He beat Monson to earn that spot as a replacement and fought his way through the rest of the tournament. Consider it whatever you want - he destroyed/dominated two top heavyweights in BigFoot and Barnett. To say he hasn't proven much is pure ignorance. Which of Jones victories could be considered more impressive than Barnett? None, and that's not even debatable.

Jones finishing Machida is more impressive than DC decisioning Barnett.  THAT is what's not debatable.

DC is a non-champ with zero wins at 205.  I'd love to see them fight but, from a purely logical standpoint, he doesn't deserve this fight yet.

Jones is an example as to what happens when an ego goes unchecked by it's surroundings. The result is an obnoxious childish attitude.

Glovegate - 
Attila - 
ajjr0ller - 

Jones finishing Machida is more impressive than DC decisioning Barnett.  THAT is what's not debatable.

DC is a non-champ with zero wins at 205.  I'd love to see them fight but, from a purely logical standpoint, he doesn't deserve this fight yet.

I'm pretty sure that's debatable.

I guess the difference in size between Jones and Rashad - listed at 5'9" right on the UFC's own web site while TUF 2 was airing, after which he mysteriously "grew" to 5'11" - and DC, who the UFC lists at 5'11", Strikeforce listed at 5'10 1/2", and the Olympics listed at 5'9 3/4" - trumps the sameness in racial background.

I do think both Rashad and DC are jealous of Jones.

As if I couldn't wait to see JBJ lose before, this article absolutely confirms - he needs a serious humbling loss. Confidence is great, but arrogance is a killer. Phone Post 3.0

Jones does this all the time. He is so full of himself, he thinks his opinion is relevant about who is 'worthy' to fight him. Whatever happened to champions who don't pick and choose and evaluate who they should fight?

And for the record... Cormier is the current #2 UFC heavyweight.. There aren't many more deserving people to fight Jones. After the way Cormier threw Barnett around the cage, you know he will put Jones on his ass. Cormier has all the tools to beat Jones.. distance closing ability, accurate punching from unpredictable angles, heavy hands and the best takedowns in the HW or LHW division.

"Glover Teixeira, who Jones fights Saturday at ufc 165 live on PPV curiously got a far less withering review."

Wat? I thought Jones was fighting Alex.

"I thought he showed signs of being a high-level fighter," said Jones. "I don't think he's ready to beat me. I thought he showed signs, being punched that hard by Bader shows me where he's at. No matter what your excuse is, it still happened. If you're a seasoned vet and you said you allowed overconfidence to be your weakness, it's still a weakness you allowed to happen in the first place. If you have a great opponent and great understanding, then you won't rush into a guy like Ryan Bader who is obviously going to swing big, looping punches at you. I don't think he's the guy who's going to beat me."

Why is this shit repeated twice in the post? Typical awful UG Blog, get your shit together.

wiggum - 
T Bag - Cormier jones will be a great fight
Couldn't care less about the shit talk going non between them just want to see them in the cage Phone Post 3.0

This.

It's the only real "big" fight for Jones at 205. Glover and Gus are for real contenders but they don't have a shot at Jones. Cormier has as much of a shot against Jones as Weidman did against Anderson. It's a great fight on paper.

Weidman fought MMA @ MW Wiggum. Let DC prove he could fight @ LHW 1 time prior FFS. This way the fight can be earned unlike Sonnen's title shot.

T Bag = 0/10
JBJ = 10/10

Minus the hating crap that is