Jones doesn't want Machida rematch

71 replies in 48 minutes.

JBJ knows how to draw an audience. Phone Post

Jones also complained about his matchup with Bader saying it wasnt a fight he liked. He still fought him though. I'm sure he'll fight Machida if he's told to

yabadaba -
Kimbos Lice -  How do fighter's even have power to pick fights? And where the hell is Joe Silva? Phone Post

The champions don't have the power to pick fights. Jones is just saying he doesn't want to fight Machida. Just like Anderson doesn't want to fight Weidman. But if they want to keep their belts they'll fight who they're told to fight. 

I sure hope so. It gets tiring hearing fighters talk about who they want and not want to fight. Phone Post

Tranny Yarbrough G(ayest)OAT - This thread is blowing up like Hiroshima.

Masakyst - OK, I did not mean he was literally offered a contract and refused to sign the dotted line. No, he was not offered a fight with Silva. But when he was asked about it, he was completely against the idea.

"It's not that he won't fight me or I won't fight him. To be dead honest, it's that we both have a lot to lose and we both respect each other a lot and we both are striving for personal greatness. I don't want to crack on his greatness and I don't want him cracking on my greatness. We're in completely different weight classes. We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is winning [and] being a champion. Having us fight each other means one of our championships goes away. I respect Anderson Silva so much that I don't want to be the guy to beat him. I don't want to lose to him either. It's a lose-lose situation for me."

Just saying, that's the stuff that's important to him. It's no longer about fighting whoever the UFC puts in front of him and just being the best. Now it's all about money, sponsors, and not losing so that he can stay in that position for as long as possible.

Pretty much that's what smart people do when their on top. They try and stay there as long as possible and make as much money as possible.

Jones has earned the right to voice his opinion, and it doesn't change a thing bc he doesn't pick his fights.

Jones only said he didn't want to fight Andy after Anderson said they were friends. Prior he said on multiple occasions he would. The same can't be said for Silva... Phone Post

Kimbos Lice - 
yabadaba -
Kimbos Lice -  How do fighter's even have power to pick fights? And where the hell is Joe Silva? Phone Post

The champions don't have the power to pick fights. Jones is just saying he doesn't want to fight Machida. Just like Anderson doesn't want to fight Weidman. But if they want to keep their belts they'll fight who they're told to fight. 

I sure hope so. It gets tiring hearing fighters talk about who they want and not want to fight. Phone Post

Yeah, outside of Anderson and now Jones I don't recall a lot of champions doing that. 

JONES is turning into a FLOYD

but jones is doing it much earlier

I don't follow all the stories as close as some but what's the difference between what he's saying and what Shogun and Hendo have said? Phone Post

guardbr8kr -
AGC IV - 
ObviousTiger -
guardbr8kr - Holy shit, just lost alot of respect for this dude.

Get out here u guys never had any respect for him to begin with. Like he even cares wwhat some UG's think? Phone Post

do you even train UFC?

Pfffft. I train UFC all the time in my sweet affliction and tapout graphic tees. If you came at me bro it would be a big mistake.

Just bleed!!! Phone Post

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - He doesnt want that fight because he knows Machida has the tools to take him out. Jon Jones is smarter than we think.

Your silly Phone Post

Just lost respek....

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - He doesnt want that fight because he knows Machida has the tools to take him out. Jon Jones is smarter than we think.

Wow, you predict everybody over Jones.

I think I'm so irritated with jones after the "role model" got the dui, that I'm going to take anything he says in the negative tone. Phone Post

Treadstone06 - 

I don't follow all the stories as close as some but what's the difference between what he's saying and what Shogun and Hendo have said? Phone Post

Nothing.

It's just that people here love to jump into a thread to write about how the lastest public comment that Jones has made is more proof that he's the worst person in the sport.

Pork Sword -  Fuck this pussy talk. You fight whoever, whenever as champion. I hope Hendo breaks his career.

This Phone Post

Treadstone06 - 

When you're trying to become champion you look for the fights that will best help you to acheive your goal. When you're the champion you shut up and fight who you're told. Or something like that....

JBJ makes a great point. Although the last UFC on Fox was a great card, I still couldn't understand for the life of me how all four guys were fighting so they could get their asses kicked again. If anyone deserves a rematch with JBJ, it's Rashad. Since Jones has had the belt, Evans has been the only one that didn't get finished. Yea Machida sort of won the 1st round against JBJ, but it wasn't decisive because some people still gave JBJ that round. Btw, the very next round JBJ bloodied him up badly, rag-dolled him, and then put him to sleep.

Side note: What's with the UFC letting all these fighters saying who they want to fight? DFW & Joe Silva should be telling these to shut the fuck up and do what they get paid to do. I wanna see Weidman vs Silva. If the UFC says Machida gets the next title shot, then JBJ needs to shut up, make his money and beat Machida's ass like everyone expects him to. This is really getting annoying.

AGC IV - 
guardbr8kr -
AGC IV - 
ObviousTiger -
guardbr8kr - Holy shit, just lost alot of respect for this dude.

Get out here u guys never had any respect for him to begin with. Like he even cares wwhat some UG's think? Phone Post

do you even train UFC?

Pfffft. I train UFC all the time in my sweet affliction and tapout graphic tees. If you came at me bro it would be a big mistake.

Just bleed!!! Phone Post

good , you'll fit in here quite nicely.

Cheers,

He wants an easy fight vs Shogun...

DUCKING!! BONES IS DUCKING LYOTO!!

Wheres all the people saying that??^^
Anytime Silva says he doesnt want to fight someone the haters come out in force to say he's ducking! So, if Silva's ducking...so is bones. Phone Post