Jones doesn't want Machida rematch

What happened to champions fighting the best counter and not choosing fights? Isn't that the point? You have to fight the best every time. Not pick the fights you want.

Oh wait, Anderson.... Phone Post

guardbr8kr -
AGC IV - 
guardbr8kr - Holy shit, just lost alot of respect for this dude.

Why for being completely honest? Or was that sarcasm Phone Post

Jones has admitted The Dragon was his toughest fight, now he doesn't want to fight him when his bosses have already said that's who is next in line for a title shot at LHW?

Guy's like BJ, Hughes, GSP, Liddel ect. never ducked a fight.

Is the LHW GOAT not allowed to speak his mind? Crucify him for telling the truth! Why would anyone want to fight the person who presents the most problems and earns them the least amount of money?

Its only ducking if ur dont fight someone he's just saying he wishes he didn't have to. Phone Post

P4PKING - 

I like how Anderson silva just said this, and people are all over him saying he is ducking fighters.

Jon jones says it about the fighter that has given him the most problems to date, and everyone agrees that he shouldn't fight machida! Phone Post

Did you read the thread? He's getting the same reaction Anderson got.

Alpha World Peace - 
Masakyst - But he turned down a fight with Anderson Silva where he would have made Anderson Silva money

Good point... Phone Post

No, it's not. There was never any Silva fight on the table for him to turn down. 

guardbr8kr - Holy shit, just lost alot of respect for this dude.

3 Sided Square - 

Did you lose respect for Anderson when he didn't want to rematch Chael?

absolutely

yabadaba -
AGC IV - 
Alpha World Peace -
Alpha World Peace -
Masakyst - But he turned down a fight with Anderson Silva where he would have made Anderson Silva money

Good point... Phone Post

You would think a high risk, very high reward fight would be better than a high risk, low reward fight... Phone Post

Can u show me where Jones is offered the Anderson fight and then turns it down????? Phone Post

They're trolling. Anderson said he didn't want the fight so Jones politely said he didn't want it either.

good to see we have some people on here that dont swing from Anderson's sack.

Jones said on more than one occasion he would fight Silva. Then Silva said they were Friends lol and then Jones just agreed to not look like a dick.

Jones would fight Silva in a heartbeat if offered the fight! Phone Post

OK, I did not mean he was literally offered a contract and refused to sign the dotted line. No, he was not offered a fight with Silva. But when he was asked about it, he was completely against the idea.

"It's not that he won't fight me or I won't fight him. To be dead honest, it's that we both have a lot to lose and we both respect each other a lot and we both are striving for personal greatness. I don't want to crack on his greatness and I don't want him cracking on my greatness. We're in completely different weight classes. We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is winning [and] being a champion. Having us fight each other means one of our championships goes away. I respect Anderson Silva so much that I don't want to be the guy to beat him. I don't want to lose to him either. It's a lose-lose situation for me."

Just saying, that's the stuff that's important to him. It's no longer about fighting whoever the UFC puts in front of him and just being the best. Now it's all about money, sponsors, and not losing so that he can stay in that position for as long as possible.

It doesn't matter what the hell he says. You fight who you are told to fight by Joe Silva and DFW. You may have a say in the matter but no decision.

Hendo for the people, Jones for himself pretending he's for the people. WAR HENDO!!! Phone Post

ObviousTiger -

Get out here u guys never had any respect for him to begin with. Like he even cares wwhat some UG's think? Phone Post

Phisher -
Alpha World Peace - 

Good point... Phone Post

No, it's not. There was never any Silva fight on the table for him to turn down. 

So you think Silva is scared? Phone Post

How do fighter's even have power to pick fights? And where the hell is Joe Silva? Phone Post

Think? Silva is scared. So he calls out GSP.

Musashi - It wasn't more than a year ago that Mr. Jones was talking about his job being a fighter and the UFC's job to pick his fights... that he will fight whoever is put in front of him...

Now listen to him.

Last time I checked he never said he wouldn't fight machifa again. Just said its his least favorite of all possible fights. Phone Post

AGC IV - 
ObviousTiger -

Get out here u guys never had any respect for him to begin with. Like he even cares wwhat some UG's think? Phone Post

do you even train UFC?

Masakyst - OK, I did not mean he was literally offered a contract and refused to sign the dotted line. No, he was not offered a fight with Silva. But when he was asked about it, he was completely against the idea.

"It's not that he won't fight me or I won't fight him. To be dead honest, it's that we both have a lot to lose and we both respect each other a lot and we both are striving for personal greatness. I don't want to crack on his greatness and I don't want him cracking on my greatness. We're in completely different weight classes. We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is winning [and] being a champion. Having us fight each other means one of our championships goes away. I respect Anderson Silva so much that I don't want to be the guy to beat him. I don't want to lose to him either. It's a lose-lose situation for me."

Just saying, that's the stuff that's important to him. It's no longer about fighting whoever the UFC puts in front of him and just being the best. Now it's all about money, sponsors, and not losing so that he can stay in that position for as long as possible.

Anderson is the biggest fight available to Jones outside of HW. If Anderson wanted the fight Jones would take it in a heartbeat IMO. 

<blockquote>T Bag - Jones is right though--Jones/Machida wont do good #s at all. Machida isnt much of a draw and they fought a year ago with a decisive/non-controversial finish.</blockquote><br />Here's to logic.

Kimbos Lice - 

How do fighter's even have power to pick fights? And where the hell is Joe Silva? Phone Post

The champions don't have the power to pick fights. Jones is just saying he doesn't want to fight Machida. Just like Anderson doesn't want to fight Weidman. But if they want to keep their belts they'll fight who they're told to fight. 

DoomFarmer -
AGC IV -
DoomFarmer - Guess what.

I don't want to buy any Jones fight that is a rematch or any other futile exercise of a fight.

Jones will be a draw to me when he hits the HW division and there are more competitive fights on his horizon.

Until then, provided he gets past Henderson, the LHW situation is dull and lifeless. Phone Post

He still has Glover and Gus to fight granted they dont lose. Phone Post

Id be interested in seeing what a fight with Glover would look like, and I do that Glover will neat Rampage very decisively but I think Shogun will shock a lot of people and beat Gustaffson. Phone Post

I agree with the first but not so much with the latter. Gus is a beast and the Shogun that showed up against Vera will get annihilated ): Phone Post

Glovegate - Forget the rematch stuff.

Gusta vs Shogun and Jones vs Hendo are upcoming.

If Jones beats Hendo and Gusta beats Shogun then have Jones vs Gusta.

If Glover beats Rampage, have him fight Machida quickly and if Glover wins that then he gets the next shot at the winner of Gusta vs Jones.

Once all these fights have happened, then we can see what has happened to Phil Davis, Vinny M, little Nog, Ryan Jimmo, Jimi Manuwa and even Jorgen Kruth.

Good thoughts. I usually agree with you. Phone Post