jones in trouble if silva moves to lhw

i know gustaffson will probably get there first but if anderson silva decides to move up (after dispatching of sonnen again) he will pick jones apart.

so far his striking defense has relied upon his reach and his opponent's lack of skill in that area. it's clearly the biggest weakness in his game.

he looks great striking and throws an impressive variety of strikes but it all goes awry when defending.

hopefully silva sees the merit in moving up soon as there's no way gsp will ever compete at mw.

Not a fan of either guy, but I don't see how silva could stop the takedown and brutal gnp. Jones wins in less than 3 rounds. Phone Post

see sonnen 1 for an example of how silva performs against a g'n'p wrestler when he's suffering from a broken rib.

i don't understand being a mma fan but not a fan of either of the sport's most talented champions?!

LHW are far more evolved then MW so not many people at LHW are in trouble against Anderson as long as there not slow and have takedowns.

I dont reckon silva will move to lhw, i think the best chance of a superfight is gsp vs silva Phone Post

I would rather see Silva vs Jones than vs GSP, but Jones would maul him.

<blockquote>nrallen - if anderson silva decides to move up (after dispatching of sonnen again) he will pick jones apart.<br /></blockquote>

If by pick Jones apart, you mean get beaten to within an inch of his life and mauled on the ground with vicious elbows, I agree

Anderson would light him up Phone Post

he's worthy of nuthugging, if ever there was one. Calm, intelligent, mature, a beast in the cage, a worthy champion. Silva would be eaten alive, potentially forced into retirement due to injuries caused by Jonny's destructive attacks

lhw fighters are more evolved? this is based on what i've seen of jones' standup. he would be scared stiff to fight anderson silva.

shaqitup -
androb -
Tomato Can - Defensive contributions are harder to quantify with stats. Wallace should definitely be in. He was the best defensive player of the modern era.

rodman
pippen
jordan
HAkeem
Kawhi
The glove
kobe
Duncan
all may disagree

Lol Kobe, come on son. Shut the fuck up including Kobe.

He just copied MJ so people assumed his D was even close.

I hate kobe 

but he has more nba all defence teams than any other guard. 

he was lock down in his prime 

not my fave player but he is on the list 

Wow, it is rare that GloveGate brings out the full on obvious troll/hater. He is normally much more subtle.

Neil Funk - he's worthy of nuthugging, if ever there was one. Calm, intelligent, mature, a beast in the cage, a worthy champion. Silva would be eaten alive, potentially forced into retirement due to injuries caused by Jonny's destructive attacks

A guy with average TDD will somehow not get tossed by Jones and elbowed half to death?

Right, then.

my god the intelligence on the ug. how many fuckin exhibition-like wins does anderson need to get some of these retards to realize he's a fuckin ninja.

anything negative anyone has ever said about silva has only been speculation (or imagination) since he's been beating every one of his opponents since he first stepped into the octagon 6 years ago.

i thought shit like this would come to an end after the maia fight. if not, at least after the sonnen fight.. but wait, anderson was dominated by chael. but really? even if you're a chael nuthugger buying into all his talk (probably also republican and a proud patriot willing to risk your life for a bunch of corrupt bankers) how did you not get convinced after the belfort fight with that highlight reel knock out kick?

but really, okami, he won against anderson the first time and would do it again. he's even been training with chael.

what happens next? okami on the mat knocked out by a fuckin jab.

Same boring thread with just a different fighters name...jbj wont lose anytime soon at lhw. Get over it Phone Post

UGCTT_Zaph -  A guy with average TDD will somehow not get tossed by Jones and elbowed half to death?

Right, then.

To be fair, what has happened to every single fighter who has taken Silva down in the past 6 years???

Look at the comments that Anderson has had about Jones. Sounds like even he has doubts. Jones would be trouble for him.

silva is 36. stop being a retard

Silva probably has the advantage in the striking but damn with Team Jackson and their great game planning don't you think Jones immediately takes this to the mat - bigger, stronger raining down punches and elbows that even Anderson has never seen the likes of in his illustrious career.