Jones-Ngannou Twitter bicker not going away

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and top heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou would sell a lot of pay-per-views, and the pair bickering bitterly on Twitter while sheltered-in-place is entertaining.

https://twitter.com/OnPointMMA/status/1263220299962580992

Maybe not shooting a handgun in the street at midnight while blitzed on Jorge Masvidal's tequila and then getting arrested by the same cop that pulled you over for drag racingish entertaining, but lively enough.

https://twitter.com/francis_ngannou/status/1262811493835276293

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1262973428836864000

https://twitter.com/francis_ngannou/status/1263139545253437440

And fights are most fun when viewed through the Babyface-Heel prism.

The Predator

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1262045193672384512

https://twitter.com/francis_ngannou/status/1262766290202054659

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1261879777482293249

Bones

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1262596051283750913

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1260782002644508674

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1260808880671428608

1 Like

Those Heavies will eat jones punches like candy

3 Likes

Jones will have a hard time backnig up in a straight line to get away with HW punches like he does at 205.

2 Likes

Better step up from picograms to milligrams if he is gonna take on HW.  

Jones is on a two fight losing streak. This fight wouldn't be a competition, it would be a public execution.

Ngannou would take Jones' head clean off.

4 Likes

This is the fight to make.

Please make this fight. I dunno why Dana seems hesitant. Just get it done already.

Waxx - 

Please make this fight. I dunno why Dana seems hesitant. Just get it done already.

Yeah hurry up.

Too much time fucking around, and too many fights that should have happened but didn’t.

If this fight happens it will change my view of jon jones.....alas he had the same gay twitter beef with Israel a couple of months ago.

“Just waking up from watching that Derrick Lewis fight”

that’s actually pretty good. 

2 Likes

Dana is hesitant to book this fight because:

a) Jon still has a strong drawing for PPV audience. This fight will do numbers but long term if Jon loses it could end. Some people pay their money in the hopes of seeing him lose (myself included).

b) You can argue that Jon is undefeated in MMA. So much so that Dana has tried to erase the L off his record to the Hammer. No matter how you spin it, an undefeated fighter has more appeal then one with a loss. Obviously there are certain fighters (McNuggets, Diaz, Jorge, ect.) who can flat out draw numbers but I believe Dana thinks Jon is not one especially due to his past history.

c) I honestly think that the UFC knows Francis would take out Jones and that loses the UFC another superstar. Hell most on this forum knows it would likely happen. 

I know that the show must always go on and there’s always that next guy coming up but not only does a loss hamper the already tarnished legacy of Jones but also the UFC’s. There would be a less GOAT angle to promote Jon on. 

just my two cents what do you guys think?

DontLeaveItToTheJudges - 

a) Jon still has a strong drawing for PPV audience. This fight will do numbers but long term if Jon loses it could end. Some people pay their money in the hopes of seeing him lose (myself included).

b) You can argue that Jon is undefeated in MMA. So much so that Dana has tried to erase the L off his record to the Hammer. No matter how you spin it, an undefeated fighter has more appeal then one with a loss. Obviously there are certain fighters (McNuggets, Diaz, Jorge, ect.) who can flat out draw numbers but I believe Dana thinks Jon is not one especially due to his past history.

c) I honestly think that the UFC knows Francis would take out Jones and that loses the UFC another superstar. Hell most on this forum knows it would likely happen. 

I know that the show must always go on and there’s always that next guy coming up but not only does a loss hamper the already tarnished legacy of Jones but also the UFC’s. There would be a less GOAT angle to promote Jon on. 

I think its a good way to transfer some Bones hype to other fighters before jon jones kills himself or wraps his car around a tree drunk going 140mph.

Nytron -

Jones is on a two fight losing streak. This fight wouldn't be a competition, it would be a public execution.

Get a new schtick dude, you keep repeating the “hasn’t won since” and “losing streak” lines over and over in threads for Conor and Jones.

Repeating the same factually incorrect, stupid lines over and over isn’t gonna make the shit you’re saying true, it just confirms you’re an idiot for anyone who didn’t already know.

1 Like
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -

I agree with you. Once Jones loses I think interest in his career will take a nosedive. 

I don’t think we’ll find out though. I don’t think this fight will get past the butt-sniffing phase and Jones will just fight the next guy who puts two wins together at LHW. 

DontLeaveItToTheJudges - 

100%

Dana protects his cash cows.

I fully believe that Dana put Hendo in 3 round fights with Evans and Machida, because he knew those guys were likely to win on points – and Dana was afraid Hendo might H-Bomb Jones.

5 round fights against Evans or Machida, and Hendo has a better chance.

These were 2 guys who would basically avoid meaningful exchanges, and just use speed to get points – especially Machida.

And it’s not that Hendo would have been favored over Jones.

Just that the H-Bomb was a BIG x-factor.

Its not the same as Rampage or Vitor swinging from a reach disadvantage.

The H-bomb could come off a break, at multiple angles, with either hand.

And Hendo was landing them pretty regular at that point in his career.

Jones should have been at HW a long time ago IMO.

He’s waiting for DC to retire and Stioe to get old, so he can come in and glide to a favorable matchup.

That’s how I see it.

1 Like

I think Jon beats Ngannou.

Ngannou storming forwards at Rozenstruik, defences down and swinging until he dropped him, didn't give me much belief that his fight IQ is there. Odd that when replying to a question about gameplay he stated that this is what he and his camp had prepared for...

What happens if someone makes the fight awkward for him? I think Jon could and would frustrate him.

I don't think Ngannou is a difficult problem. He's coming to hit you hard and take you out (that said, there was a kimura against someone). Survive his initial onslaught and he seems out of his depth.

Nytron -

That's what we always hope but will it happen ? 

BrckNoHitBk - 

Those Heavies will eat jones punches like candy

Any MW could eat his punches, he has absolute shit boxing. His eye pokes are world class, his oblique kicks and inside fighting are solid though.

Problem is, he doesn’t do well when he doesn’t have a massive height/reach advantage and that has been proven time and time again.

Nagannou

Chael

Some WMMA fighter

Adesanya

Seems like Jones bickers a lot online.

1 Like
rIKmAN -
Nytron -

Get a new schtick dude, you keep repeating the “hasn’t won since” and “losing streak” lines over and over in threads for Conor and Jones.

Repeating the same factually incorrect, stupid lines over and over isn’t gonna make the shit you’re saying true, it just confirms you’re an idiot for anyone who didn’t already know.

Hahah, are you the dude who I destroyed in two back to back logical arguments in a couple threads from a month ago, where I completely embarassed you? I vaguely remember your username.

Still stalking my post history I see. You must have re-stocked more troll tears, do I need to make your cry again?

Ignore the pathetic stalker folks! He loves to add pages of pages of spam to threads. Ya hate to see it! SAD!

1 Like