Jones - "not many black men in mma"

Think of his own divisions recent top five...Jones, DC, Rumble, Manuwa, Gus.

Spot the odd one out.

dicked by diaz - 

Spot the odd one out.

FORM VOLKAN

Saltine American - 

Gym memberships ain't cheap. Starting an athletic endeavor where they get dominated by a smaller white guy goes against everything I've learned about their culture, especially combatives. 

If you are talking about inner city areas, the cost of gym and bjj lessons are absolutely dwarfed by the amount of casual unnecessary spending that goes on routinely. Booze, cigarettes, fast food, etc.

A red herring that is repeated constantly.

Uli Kunkel -
Technical Primates -

Imagine if a white guy said something similar. 

"I think me and Chris Weidman should patch things up because us white boys need to stick together in this sport".

There would be outrage.

You're right. But to be fair, there are people in this thread who ARE outraged by Jones's comment. So what's the difference? There is fake outrage on both sides and they are equally annoying. 

But are they outraged in this thread or are they just sick and tired of all the race bullshit? 

People would be properly outraged and calling a white guy racist if he said that. That's the difference

alekskillbearwithknife - 

MMA is kind of a White trash sport and boxing is more ethnic. Jones is on the money here.

You are really a bad poster. Not even funny.

Take the 10 best black fighters at LHW (order is approximate):

-Jon Jones

-Daniel Cormier

-Anthony Johnson

-Phil Davis

-Jimi Manuwa

-King Mo

-Linton Vassel

-Rampage Jackson

-Ovince St. Preux

-Corey Anderson

Now compare it to the ten best non-black LHWs:

-Alexander Gustafsson

-Ryan Bader

-Glover Teixeira

-Volkan Oezdemir

-Shogun Rua

-Rogerio Nogueira

-Liam McGeary

-Misha Cirkunov

-Nikita Krylov?

-Ilir Latifi?

Now things get a bit closer further down the rankings, but overall which list looks more impressive to you, talent-wise?

LHW might be somewhat of an outlier, but I’m still not sure what the fuck Jones is talking about. 3 out of 8 male UFC Champions are black. The #1 and #2 pound-for-pound fighters are black. Arguably 3 of the top 5 pound-for-pound fighters ever are black.

Great job OP. You knew exactly what to post to mobilized the UG's angry mob of oppressed middle aged white men! 

They need a safe space, stat! 

10/10!

StankieEdgar - He is right. He didn't say there were none. He said there weren't many.

Define many. I would say there aren't many Hasidic Jews, there aren't many Iraqi fighters in the ufc, there aren't even many Australians, but black men?! Da fuq?

CRE -
dicked by diaz - 

Spot the odd one out.

FORM VOLKAN

Lol

Malvert the Janitor -

Great job OP. You knew exactly what to post to mobilized the UG's angry mob of oppressed middle aged white men! 

10/10!

You're an idiot. Jones says something that is completely false and very easily shown to be false and somehow you make this about white people. I wonder what side of the political spectrum you fall on?
El Duderino -
Malvert the Janitor -

10/10!

You're an idiot. Jones says something that is completely false and very easily shown to be false and somehow you make this about white people. I wonder what side of the political spectrum you fall on?

See this is exactly it - this obsession with politics, controversy, oppression, emotional offense....everyone competing to be offended and outraged. Sadly, white men have added themselves to the long list of cry asses who've taken to noting each of their perceived offenses and screaming about them online. 

You're the idiot. 

"Jones says..."

Since when are you so obsessed with hero worship that you give one single fuck what Jon Jones says? Your default? OUTRAGE! Jesus fucking Christ, white men used to be built better than this! 

I detest the emotionally thin skinned. Anyone offended by Jones is overinvested. You don't need to agree but boy do you need to respond, huh? 

In America free speech is a protected right. Agreeable speech is not necessarily what the founding fathers had in mined. But leave it to the UG to ALWAYS latch on to a race discussion as an opportunity to exhibit artificial outrage. 

Political spectrum? I'm a suck it up, live and let live, work your ass off, red white and blue American. Nothing Jon Jones says impacts my life in anyway. You however...

TheHaunted2 -
StankieEdgar - He is right. He didn't say there were none. He said there weren't many.
There are lots.
Even in the earlier years

Its because of wrestling. There are more white boy wrestlers than blacks. Its the most important skill in mma so many mma fighters are white

Malvert the Janitor -

10/10!

lmao

Of the 8 male belts, 3 of them are blacks from America, that's 37.5%.

Blacks in America make up roughly 13%, with black men making up roughly 6%.

Therefore, black Ameriancs are overrepresented when it comes to male champions in the UFC. I'm not going to go through and count all the black Americans on the UFC roster and pro MMA as a whole, but I'd bet it's much much higher than 13% or 6%. Meaning no matter how you cut it, blacks are actually overrepresented in MMA and not under.

Jon Jones is an idiot.

472CKL - Where do Lombard/Romero fit in?
They are Latino/Mezclado.
Beluthunter - 

Fuck!!! Why does everything have to be about fucking race!! I'm tired of this bullshit

If a white nba player said something similar to this, oh my…it would be hell to pay

It was probably just an insincere throw away line by Jones, albeit a stupid and essentially inaccurate one. He’s too self-centered to be that racially conscious.

Malvert the Janitor -
El Duderino -
Malvert the Janitor -

10/10!

See this is exactly it - this obsession with politics, controversy, oppression, emotional offense....everyone competing to be offended and outraged. Sadly, white men have added themselves to the long list of cry asses who've taken to noting each of their perceived offenses and screaming about them online. 

You're the idiot. 

"Jones says..."

Since when are you so obsessed with hero worship that you give one single fuck what Jon Jones says? Your default? OUTRAGE! Jesus fucking Christ, white men used to be built better than this! 

I detest the emotionally thin skinned. Anyone offended by Jones is overinvested. You don't need to agree but boy do you need to respond, huh? 

In America free speech is a protected right. Agreeable speech is not necessarily what the founding fathers had in mined. But leave it to the UG to ALWAYS latch on to a race discussion as an opportunity to exhibit artificial outrage. 

Political spectrum? I'm a suck it up, live and let live, work your ass off, red white and blue American. Nothing Jon Jones says impacts my life in anyway. You however...

No one on this thread seems outraged. Just making a point that what Jones said isn't correct.
Malvert the Janitor -
El Duderino -
Malvert the Janitor -

10/10!

You're the idiot. 

"Jones says..."

Being offended and pointing out the constant double standards between whites and blacks in society are two different things