Jones - "not many black men in mma"

Jhay -

Of the 8 male belts, 3 of them are blacks from America, that's 37.5%.

Blacks in America make up roughly 13%, with black men making up roughly 6%.

Therefore, black Ameriancs are overrepresented when it comes to male champions in the UFC. I'm not going to go through and count all the black Americans on the UFC roster and pro MMA as a whole, but I'd bet it's much much higher than 13% or 6%. Meaning no matter how you cut it, blacks are actually overrepresented in MMA and not under.

Jon Jones is an idiot.

You wrote what I was thinking.

Spot on.

Go post "Black Lives Matter" on any thread in the UG, and you'll get a nice glimpse of the racial makeup of the sport. Jones is right. 

Saltine American -

Gym memberships ain't cheap. Starting an athletic endeavor where they get dominated by a smaller white guy goes against everything I've learned about their culture, especially combatives. 

ok..kk

Malvert the Janitor -
El Duderino -
Malvert the Janitor -

Great job OP. You knew exactly what to post to mobilized the UG's angry mob of oppressed middle aged white men! 

They need a safe space, stat! 

10/10!

You're an idiot. Jones says something that is completely false and very easily shown to be false and somehow you make this about white people. I wonder what side of the political spectrum you fall on?

See this is exactly it - this obsession with politics, controversy, oppression, emotional offense....everyone competing to be offended and outraged. Sadly, white men have added themselves to the long list of cry asses who've taken to noting each of their perceived offenses and screaming about them online. 

You're the idiot. 

"Jones says..."

Since when are you so obsessed with hero worship that you give one single fuck what Jon Jones says? Your default? OUTRAGE! Jesus fucking Christ, white men used to be built better than this! 

I detest the emotionally thin skinned. Anyone offended by Jones is overinvested. You don't need to agree but boy do you need to respond, huh? 

In America free speech is a protected right. Agreeable speech is not necessarily what the founding fathers had in mined. But leave it to the UG to ALWAYS latch on to a race discussion as an opportunity to exhibit artificial outrage. 

Political spectrum? I'm a suck it up, live and let live, work your ass off, red white and blue American. Nothing Jon Jones says impacts my life in anyway. You however...

This dude is emotionally thin skinned and outraged as fuck right now lol. Why do people being angry make you angry?

Chill out, guy.

rafael_collado -

Go post "Black Lives Matter" on any thread in the UG, and you'll get a nice glimpse of the racial makeup of the sport. Jones is right. 

Or maybe their isn't a lot of blacks on The UG? Ya tard. 

Fuck this fake ass Jones. I like the real, arrogant, don’t give a shit Jones we saw in the lead up to the Cormier fight.

Saltine American -

Gym memberships ain't cheap. Starting an athletic endeavor where they get dominated by a smaller white guy goes against everything I've learned about their culture, especially combatives. 

It's probably because, the vast majority of top tier black athletes in the US, are going into one of the following.

Football.

Basketball.

Baseball.

MMA still attracts dump tier athletes for the most part.

ive always hoped theyd make peace

Jhay -

Therefore, black Ameriancs are overrepresented when it comes to male champions in the UFC. I'm not going to go through and count all the black Americans on the UFC roster and pro MMA as a whole, but I'd bet it's much much higher than 13% or 6%. Meaning no matter how you cut it, blacks are actually overrepresented in MMA and not under.

Jon Jones is an idiot.

Dumbest thing I've read.
TheFlyingGentlemen -
Jhay -

Jon Jones is an idiot.

Dumbest thing I've read.
Which of my statistics do you dispute?
StankieEdgar - He is right. He didn't say there were none. He said there weren't many.

This. He probably feels because he and DC are at the top of the sport and there aren't a lot of black fighters/wrestlers that they shouldn't be enemies.  I see nothing wrong with his comment.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_UFC_fighters

Who has time to go through and find the percentage of black fighters vs. their percentage of the population.

Lets put some facts on this bitch.

Damaynevent -
StankieEdgar - He is right. He didn't say there were none. He said there weren't many.

This. He probably feels because he and DC are at the top of the sport and there aren't a lot of black fighters/wrestlers that they shouldn't be enemies.  I see nothing wrong with his comment.  

There is loads
alekskillbearwithknife -

MMA is kind of a White trash sport and boxing is more ethnic. Jones is on the money here.

472CKL - Where do Lombard/Romero fit in?

extraterrestrial

MMA isn't very popular in the black demographic. Have you ever been to a UFC event? Every event I've been to in Canada was filled with rednecks from small towns.

DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -

MMA isn't very popular in the black demographic. Have you ever been to a UFC event? Every event I've been to in Canada was filled with rednecks from small towns.

Canada doesn't have many black people to begin with
Malvert the Janitor -

Great job OP. You knew exactly what to post to mobilized the UG's angry mob of oppressed middle aged white men! 

They need a safe space, stat! 

10/10!

lol most def

Damaynevent -

Its really this although since its Jones you can take what he says w a grain of salt as it had the faux humbleness shit he has played waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times.  But it is hilarous to hear the fat white middle aged dudes on the internet whine about race (as if they are somehow oppressed by the mere mention of someone's ethnicity) all the time.  They really do need safe spaces to protect their delicate ears.

There is a decent % of black fighters compared to the population % of black people.