Jones Says His Return Will Be At MSG 11/9

In a post on social media, UFC heavyweight champion Jon Jones teased a potential date and location for the first defense of his title.

“Bones” was set to face off with former champion Stipe Miocic at UFC 295 in November of last year until an injury forced him to withdraw and postpone the fight.
Jones appears to now be targeting the rescheduled fight for the same month in the originally planned venue, Madison Square Garden in New York.

He replied to a comment on Instagram where he named November 9 at the iconic venue as the target that he is working towards right now.

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8_fdSsuWw8/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=0a7ac2ac-5052-4e21-8a8d-d2bc32e064ea

Jones hopes to feel those same energies when he enters the cage against Stipe Miocic for their long-awaited scrap. When will that happen? According to Jones, it will take place at the upcoming UFC event in New York City in Madison Square Garden.

“The red corner, my office. #Nov9th,” he wrote in a new Instagram post.

Will Jones retire after that, or stick around and unify the heavyweight titles? “Bones” recently suggested there were ‘crazy’ options that might keep him around for another fight. Given his longstanding disinterest in facing interim heavyweight champ Tom Aspinall, we think he may be referring to the most feared ‘Magic Man’ in the UFC, Alex Pereira.

sam winchester yawn GIF

10 Likes

Didn’t we go through this before?? David Gilmour has the place locked up.

5 Likes

I Notice lately , more and more sites are mixing up dates in print

Until he pulls out injured again.

6 Likes

Definitely something off. Looks like a month between PPV events. October 26th is PPV 308 in Abu Dhabi.

9th November seems too soon to have another PPV regardless of the location.

Not going to lie. Jones bs alex is a fun fight. More fun/way bigger draw than Alex or jones vs aspinall

If somehow jones loses to stipe, then do stipe v a spinal, Alex v jones Winners fight after.

Jones will absolutely retire if he loses to Stipe. If he did, I don’t see that putting some random “fire” in his ass to get back in the cage and prove he’s still the best. But for the sake of argument let’s say he did want to fight again, I think it’s 100% a rematch with Stipe, Dana will absolutely give it to him and it would probably sell very well. Now saying he didn’t rematch Stipe, at that point I don’t think he deserves the AP fight. If AP has another defense under him by the time the Jones/Stipe fight and Jones were to lose I think Alex has bigger and better thing to do. With all the shit the fans and everyone has had to put up with Jones over the years…drugs, alcohol, steroids, arrests, pulling out of fights, getting an event completely cancelled…if he were to lose to 40+ hasn’t fought in like 3-4 yr Stipe then even though he’s a legend I say he doesn’t deserve the AP fight…I know this will most likely be a very unpopular opinion but that’s just how I feel about it

1 Like

All I know is he doesn’t deserve any claim to any HW belt.

Didn’t beat a Champ.

Tom and Pavlovich were the top dogs after Gane lost to Francis…Tom vs Pav was for the best HW on UFC’s Roster and Tom came out on top.

So UFC HW rankings after Frank grappled Gane were as follows…

#1 Francis
#2-3 Pavlovich/Aspinall
#4-6 Gane/Volkov/Blaydes

Jon fought only one of those seven big guys who were top HWs when he entered the division, only 1…in no way does he deserve any claim to a HW belt, that makes zero sense…At best he won a weak interim belt and hasn’t defended in 2 years(by the time he is “scheduled” to fight again.)

He gets smoked by probably 5-8 current HWs on any given night, not even talking about the old Stipe “legend fight” lol

3 Likes

The goat of Goats Returns…

But yes this Stipe fight is a farce.

Would be funny if 1 month out Stipe got injured, out for a year and Jon is made to fight Aspinall or Pereira…

Everyone wins I think

4 Likes

I love me some Stipe but I have a absolutely no desire to see him fight again. That said I will watch the fight if it happens lol

2 Likes

cant-wait-football

1 Like

Jon wouldn’t accept Aspinall, much less as a short notice fight. He would argue for a gane rematch because “he deserves it”

3 Likes