Jorge Facing A Trilogy Of Felonies

4 Likes

1 Like

Jorge Masvidal has confirmed he is facing three felony charges for his alleged attack on Colby Covington.
Just over two weeks later, on March 21, 2022, Covington was coming out of a Papi Steak restaurant in Miami, when he was allegedly attacked by Jorge Masvidal. The two friends, turned enemies, saw ā€˜Gamebredā€™ take the fight out of the Octagon and onto the street, injuring ā€˜Chaosā€™.

Covington was apparently left with a fractured tooth, a wrist abrasion, damage to his Rolex watch and even a possible brain injury during the altercation. Immediately pressing charges, Masvidal was arrested on March 23.
Jorge Masvidal subsequently posted $15,000 bond on March 24 and was released from the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami.

Masvidal, in speaking with Ariel Helwani of ā€˜The MMA Hourā€˜, when asked if the case against him is still underway, replied:

ā€œYeah, Iā€™m facing three felonies, if you wanna know the exact truth. And yeah, you know, still pending, you know. This guyā€™s a coward fk. So, what could I expect from a coward fk like him?ā€

Jorge Masvidal when asked if heā€™ll be able to return to the Octagon this year replied:
ā€œYeah, but, I mean, the justice system, right? So, itā€™s not like I get to make up these calls and stuff, you know? I wanna say Iā€™ll be okay. I was in the positive impression about my faith in the good outcome. But Iā€™m still facing three felonies, you know.ā€

Masvidal is indeed scheduled for a plea hearing on Aug. 17 where it will be determined if a plea deal is offered and accepted, or if the situation will move to trial, which would then be scheduled to begin Aug. 29.

Should the fighter go to trial and be found guilty, he could face up the 15 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.

It was Colby Covington (17-3 MMA) vs Jorge Masvidal (35-16 MMA) in the welterweight main event at UFC 272 on March 5, 2022. Covington won the fight by unanimous decision

Lock him up for a bit

31 Likes

Yeah Colby is the coward hereā€¦whatever you say there, suckerpunch

32 Likes

3 Likes

Jorge will get a fine and probation and thatā€™s about it.

5 Likes

THE COWARD IS THE ONE WHO PUTS ON A MASK AND SUCKERS SOMEONE FROM BEHIND

Jesus Christ Jorge, quit showing off your -24 IQ with such pride.

Just shut the fuck up and people will at least think your IQ is in the positives. Maybeā€¦

29 Likes

Im torn. Stupid on Masvidal to do that considering he had his chance and he blew it. I also believe Colby was more so trying to sell a fight.

On the flip, there are lines you do not cross

2 Likes

At first glance I thought that title said ā€œJorge Facing A Trilogy of Felonsā€ lol

4 Likes

Iā€™m not on Jorgeā€™s side with this. He was locked in a cage with Colby and got his ass kicked. I would have at least have some sympathy if Jorge called him out straight up outside the restaurant without the mask on.

Jorge straight up should have asked for a rematch. Taken a few tune up fights in between and used the post match interviews to call out Colby for a rematch, but he didnā€™t.

To be honest, I have a wife and kids. If one of my opponents talked the kind of shit that Colby/Connor/Chael is known to talk, even if I won the fight, I would get on the microphone during the post fight interview and ask the UFC for a direct rematch just so that I could kick his ass again. Iā€™d keep kicking their ass until they left the sport.

3 Likes

2 Piece & The Soda for Masvidal

3 Likes

Pick Em

What line did Colby cross?

Pointing out that Jorge is a deadbeat to his wife and kids?

Apparently the truth hurts.

20 Likes

What line was crossed?

3 Likes

I Really donā€™t think you should bring family and religion into this

In fairness thats not Law

1 Like

Colby called Mas a shitty Dad in a nutshell. If he canā€™t take that in the fighting business, he needs a new profession.

12 Likes

36ib5lw_gif_1__by_haulport-d82awuw

6 Likes

yepā€¦and all the Colby fanboys will be upset when Mas makes millions fighting Conor and Colby makes 200k fighting Burns lol