Jorge Masvidal: Pay for health insurance and keep your freedoms

The problem is not the insurance but what health care costs. doctors, hospitals, pharmaceuticals.

Here is just one example. I use need blood thinner and my prescription is Xeralto. Here in the US with a RX Gold discount ifs around $650 for 30 pills. I fly to Brazil and pick it up at any phamarcy for $30.

Trump was correct when he talked about this stuff and people just thought he was BS’ing.

My daughter got cancer. Do you have any idea of how pieces of the pie the hospitals cut out of the whole 10 month chemotherapy treatment. We had people swinging open the door almost every 15 minutes just popping their heads in and then billed.

Go to Brazil or similar country and it ain’t like this.

1 Like

Why not do this?

1. Abolish the money-losing penny, which costs 1.6 cents to produce, round off every retail purchase to the next higher nickel (and not for nothing, but the nickel costs 11 cents to produce, so change its composition from its current 75/25 copper/nickel alloy to stainless steel), and use the resulting “breakage” to reimburse hospitals and free health clinics for the charity care they still hand out to uninsured patients, even with ObamaCare.

2. Legalize both medical and recreational marijuana use in all 50 states, impose a 15% tax on it, and also use that revenue to reimburse hospitals and free clinics for charity care.

3. Impose the same 15% tax on “remittances” sent out of the country by illegal aliens.

4. Impose the same 15% tax on items typically purchased by the criminal underclass - most notably “throwaway” cell phones and their refill minutes.

Do these things, and how are the rich going to kvetch about “redistributing wealth,” since all four of these methods of raising revenue are spectacularly regressive; that is, they fall far more heavily on the poor than on the rich?

I’m a practicing member of Nick Diaz Army so I’m trying not to like this dude but man he’s making it hard

Respect

2 Likes

Italy showin’ how it’s done.

Should we be surprised? :smiley:

1 Like

The money problem with Healthcare is what is defined as Healthcare. Beast reduction. Stomach staple. There is zero incentive to be healthy. You don’t get a partial refund after 25 years of staying healthy. If you are healthy all you are doing is subsidizing the people with bad habits. The breast reductions and stomach stapling are a result of overeating. Knee replacements. Hip replacements. If you are overweight and need these benefits, you should pay extra for them.