Jose Aldo has more of a claim to GOAT than Khabib

Yup. It’s pretty clear Khabib has accomplished more.

earl dibbles jr redneck GIF by Granger Smith

Sorry, this thread got lost in my notifications

When you consider the vast amount of fighters that are considered greats in each era, you have to figure out criteria to whittle away at it.

In the early 2000’s, the list would consist of majority PRIDE fighters with the likes of Fedor to even Gomi. Cro cop, shogun, wandy, hendo, Nogueiras (big nog before lil nog), igor, saku. Etc. I can name like another 10 which would easily be considered greats at that time. Ufc - penn, hughes, gsp, silva, couture, chuck or tito, etc.

Fast forward, the next guard a decade or so later consisted of Cain, jones, weidman (it pains me to write that), tyron, frankie and smooth henderson, aldo, barao and dj. And thats just the ufc…

Then there is the current crop.

I have great/favorites from each generation. But picking a name for the top of the all time list includes refining your opinion which includes things like losses, damage taken, etc.

Matt Hughes, for example, one of my favorite fighters of all time. He would not make the list, he was a terrible striker and Colby would piece him up badly.

Aldo will retire with his honor intact.

4 Likes

HOF status, UFC just confirmed

Congrats to a legend. I won many bets with him, many bets

3 Likes

Fuck yeah

1 Like

The ufc kinda fucked Jose Aldo over by giving TJ Dillashart the title shot over him. Aldo was on a three fight win streak while TJ just came back from a suspension and arguably didn’t even win his last fight

1 Like

Also could bulk

Nope. Unlikely colby, Matt had power and his striking had come along later in his career

1 Like

Colby would he too fast for Matt

1 Like

1629zb4_jpg_medium
UFC 199

Trilogy fight

3 Likes

Wtf is this? It looks so real.

1 Like

Penn Hughes 3 ufc 123 in my home state of Michigan

1 Like

Thanks vegeta, i don’t know why i said ufc 199

Idea Rocket Beans GIF by Game Two

Pretty unceramonious way to let Aldo go out like that.

2 Likes

Prime Aldo WEC era would fuck Khabib up. Sorry to break it to you @JackMerridew @Nick_Diaz_Army

1 Like

Right?!? Not sure how that happened, one of the better false happiness moments of my MMA life.

Yeah, I too prefer to think this is how a Hilo boy eats.

1 Like

ttttttt

:eyes:

Jones naming himself lol

2 Likes