Josh Barnett gets 250k...

Some pretty decent payouts for Strikeforce...

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/strikeforce-final-salaries-barnett-250k-mousasi-175k-top-payroll

Mousasi got $175k

Barnett is going to have to take a paycut if he wants in the ufc

Tap In - Barnett is going to have to take a paycut if he wants in the ufc

Exactly what I thought however, I don't see Barnett lowering his price for anyone when he knows he could likely go fight in One FC or somewhere over in Asia that would pay his fee.

Bellator could also possibly come into play with their relationship with TNA and Barnett's pro wrestling background, I could definitely see something like that happening.

nice payday for a 3 minute squash match! Phone Post

Brigham - 

Exactly what I thought however, I don't see Barnett lowering his price for anyone when he knows he could likely go fight in One FC or somewhere over in Asia that would pay his fee.

Once, maybe. There aren't many promotions that can pay a $250K purse multiple times per year.

If UFC offered him $125K/$125K, I have a hard time thinking he'd turn it down. Josh is confident as fuck, he'd see the win money as being practically in the bank.

Plus, PPV points.

Taking a short-term cut in his guaranteed money might be in Josh's best interest. You know he's going to be a top heavyweight. You know he's going to get a title shot eventually. There's a lot of upside there.

Parent company of Strikeforce is Zuffa, so arn't they technically paying his salary?

Pretty high payouts for a lot of guys. Can't see the UFC giving out that much guaranteed.

chawkins - 
Brigham - 

Once, maybe. There aren't many promotions that can pay a $250K purse multiple times per year.

If UFC offered him $125K/$125K, I have a hard time thinking he'd turn it down. Josh is confident as fuck, he'd see the win money as being practically in the bank.

Plus, PPV points.

Taking a short-term cut in his guaranteed money might be in Josh's best interest. You know he's going to be a top heavyweight. You know he's going to get a title shot eventually. There's a lot of upside there.

He and Dana have history, no chance he is getting near that number. Maybe 5 years ago, but he's nearing the end and his name isn't all that big, plus he can be a liability (ask affliction)

Dan_91 - 

Parent company of Strikeforce is Zuffa, so arn't they technically paying his salary?

Different management I think.

I wonder how much the UFC PPV's make? Aren't they doing bigger numbers than boxing right now? Floydd and Pacman make major £££ and mid tier guys still make millions. I reckon the UFC can afford to pay a shitload more.
Does the UFC pay USA taxes or are they registered off-shore in the Caymans or Switzerland or what? Wonder if that was part of the Arab deal a few years ago?

Strikeforce fighters getting PAID. Lets see how contract negotiation goes..

It's no wonder they had to sell to Zuffa when they're paying ridiculous money to guys who are putting no bums in seats. Barnett is understandable but you have to wonder what they were thinking with some of the others. Phone Post

At the end of the day, Josh doesn't need the UFC and the UFC doesn't need Josh.

Funny how the guy winning the main event has 9 fighters making more than him, some of which, several times more.

Barnett always comes to fight. His CSW skills are legit and he doesn't seem to give a damn who he's against. Just gotta stay off the PED's.....

Great to see Mousasi getting paid also.

LilBrockonmychest - Damn...I can't believe Roger Gracie is on a $47K + $47K contract after just 6 fights. Good for him.

Also, it's shit like the KJ fight that really pisses me off when it comes to judging. It looks like he's on a $41K + $41K contract. Because of 2 idiot judges, they took $41K out of his pocket. That can fuck with people's lives.

KJ lost tho

Judges = assholes

Judges = traffic wardens