Josh Barnett gets 250k...

Good Phone Post

Ministry of Truth - At the end of the day, Josh doesn't need the UFC and the UFC doesn't need Josh.

This. But I think they both can make big money by working together. Josh is a character and the UFC is a huge stage for someone like him. Hope to see him on the roster soon because I love me some characters- they make the sport more interesting, IMO:)

Cindy

CindyO - 
Ministry of Truth - At the end of the day, Josh doesn't need the UFC and the UFC doesn't need Josh.

This. But I think they both can make big money by working together. Josh is a character and the UFC is a huge stage for someone like him. Hope to see him on the roster soon because I love me some characters- they make the sport more interesting, IMO:)

Cindy

Excellent post.

CindyO - 

Cindy

Agree fullheartedly as well,

apart from that he is still one of the best heavyweights around. If the UFC goes out of there way to sign dudes like Lombard they should surely do there best to sign Barnett.

As for the conflict five years ago,isnt that water under the bridge. I know Josh can be a little abrasive in the press (going on about how he does not bow for anyone) but surely to grown ass men can work out something when the business relationship is clearly beneficial for both parties.

I do think Josh might have to take a paycut but i do not think he will get 250000 in any other organisation at the moment either. And i do think that the indirect pay and benefits of joining the UFC would far outweight the initial paycut (i do think he will be able to get points of a PPV,i do think he will get better sponsering and i do think it will be hugely beneficial for his PR status because he will be able to draw in the professional  wrestling crowd and then some).

The only other attractive option,in my eyes,would be a combination of Bellator and professional wrestling. It would be the safer option because Bellator really does not have heavyweights to match Josh and he will be set with TNT.

But i personally believe he could go to Mahon and the guys if he takes the UFC deal and creates some buzz for himself (which is not to hard for Josh).

God i really do hope he signs for the UFC. It would be kind of annoying to see one of my favorite heavyweights in the ''wilderness'' again.

Roger doesnt just have the Gracie last name, hes also the best sport BJJ practitioner of all time coming into MMA.