Josh Grispi

I don't know if there has been any other threads created since his win.  I thought there should be at least one.  Congratulations to Josh.  I personally would have liked the fight to go on longer, giving Josh to chance to show more of what he is about.  But the problem is...what you saw is typical Josh.  He is a freak in strength and skills.  I remember him coming to the gym we when he was 13 or 14.  Trained hard as hell and listened better than everyone in there. 

The trainers at South Shore Sport fighting have done an amazing job molding him.  Josh has such great suppourt from his family and friends to do what he loves.  He has great training partners at South Shore and others from Lauzon MMA.

I hope the WEC continues to put good guys in front of Josh and really markets him well.  He stands to help continue to grow the sport. 

Congrats Josh!  Keep up the good work.  Congrats to Bill & Scott for creating a great fighter.

One more I guess.

the kid is a fuckin stud

would love to see him rematch Hominick though, I think it would go different the next time but I cant take anything away from grispi, I used to doubt the kid and he keeps proving me wrong, no more, this kid is young and talented and the future holds huge things if he keeps going.

steak and chicken - the kid is a fuckin stud

would love to see him rematch Hominick though, I think it would go different

Of course it would go different. Josh would probably knock him out. Let's see Hominick get back in the WEC and actually get a win before ppl start talking rematch...

Congratz Josh!!!

how much does he weigh stepping into the cage? kid is too huge for 145.

ttt

hell yeah.

Josh is the best.

He'll be helping me prepare for my next fight.

TheOtherWhiteFlu - But ... but .... I thought South Shore Sport was amateur league and any fighter who wants to improve should go to Sidyotong???

You're thinking of RSD.

And Grispi is amazing. I'd say the sky's the limit, but that would imply that he has limits.

Huge congrats to Josh Grispi, Bill Mahoney, Scott Lockhart and this rest of his training partners. Josh is the next big thing from New England.

great fighter

TTT for grispi.

Thanks Kirik.
Whats the deal with the hominick fans? All over the net there are guys(or guy with different names) who keeps pitching this fight.
Josh was thrown at Hominick like a human sacrifice, I don't think anyone thought he even had a shot.He was barely 19, half the fighter he is now and he won.Why the hell would they rematch? It didn't end in a split decision or anything.
Incidently Josh will tell you Mark was the toughest guy he's faced and honestly thinks that no one the WEC can throw at him would be a harder match for him than Mark.But that's besides the point.Fact is that Josh put him to sleep when they fought and it doesn't warrant a rematch.

"But ... but .... I thought South Shore Sport was amateur league and any fighter who wants to improve should go to Sidyotong???"

why do you even mention sityodtong? no one at syt has ever suggested that anyone from any other gym should come and train there. petty bullshit like that is immature and is an attempt, maybe unintentional, to stir a rivalry that isn't there.

to go along with that it distracts from the topic at hand - congrats Josh, great job.

That kid is unreal at 20 years old. Amazing.

leezy_sssf - 

would love to see him rematch Hominick though, I think it would go different

Of course it would go different. Josh would probably knock him out. Let's see Hominick get back in the WEC and actually get a win before ppl start talking rematch...

Congratz Josh!!!

actually his only chance of winning is by sub, if he stood and traded with hominick he would get his ass KO'd

I think Hominick gets paid quite a bit more money in affliction with bigger names on the card than any show WEC puts on. "getting back" in the WEC? who wants to fight for peanuts? He is making alot more money in affliction that he did in either of his 2 UFC fights (which he won)

lets see grispi fight in the UFC or affliction

No need for a rematch with Hominick. He finished him. Grispi is on to bigger and better things in the WEC and Hominick has a great opportunity in Affliction.

"cough tapout show cough "

i get your reference, but that has nothing to do with anything on this thread or SSSF.

congrats Josh

this kid is awesome.
just sucks that we don't get to see him fight locally anymore.
i'm thinking two more wins, then a title shot?
sky's the limit.

would love to see him rematch Hominick though, I think it would go different the next time but I cant take anything away from grispi,
How would the rematch look. IMO Grispi is 10 x better than Hominick. This coming from a Canadian!