Josh Neer released from the UFC

Its not that Josh doesn't have good wrestling...he just didn't show good wrestling his last 2 fights.

That's the problem with the UFC, they don't know how to hold on to their exciting fighters.

Neer is the reason we buy UFC pay per views and watch the UFC period. His hard work ethic and fight hard no quit attitude represents what a real fighter is. Neer had a couple incidents outside the cage and has payed his dues for his mistakes. Neer always brings it, puts on a show and comes to fight. No mohawks, no costumes, no BS pre fight hype, just straight forward Iowa style fighting. Thanks for filling in for Sherk on last minute, Thanks for travelling and helping SWAT teams and Police Officers with their self defense. Thanks for your dedication to the UFC and MMA as a whole. Josh Neer is a warrior!!! Want fighters who bring the fight and put on a show.. YEAH RIGHT!!! Dye your hair and lay and pray, talk shit you can't back up, I guess that's what the UFC wants. Horrible fuckin decision to drop Neer..

Yet Danzig still has his job.

it should of been
Neer/Fisher
Tibau/Stevenson

Poopyface TomatoNose - Good. I'm not a fan of Neer or fighters that just go out there and take punches on the chin stupidly. He's really a poor man's Diaz, except he comes across as really unintelligent and very trashy. Good riddance!

Except???  If anything, that's his greatest similarity to Diaz!

he'll be back.

Chances are he'll pick up a few wins elsewhere and be back...

Or make more money with Strikeforce or Dream...

HOWtasteMYbigPP - it should of been

Neer/Fisher

Tibau/Stevenson

Do your research.

Rand McPherson - kinda ghey.

he clearly won that Nate Diaz fight, and had a few fights at 170. hopefully he needs a win or two to come back.

Damn man, where do you get your weed from?

Can you honestly see him winning a belt? Beating GSP or Kos?

Let someone new have a chance.

He'll be back.

he should go back to 170.. he was a mean sob back then.

Josh Neer's Manager: "He Will Be Back in the UFC After a few Wins"

"Unfortunately Josh was matched up with fighters that wanted to take him down and lay on him to grind out a victory. If you are going to take Josh down then at least try to finish him, just don’t lay on him and hold him down. Most fighters are not going to want to stand and bang with Josh, and they just want to play it safe, hold him down, and get the win. Josh wants to put on exciting fights, and there is nothing more frustrating to Josh than not to put on an exciting fight for the fans."

"Right now we have a few offers from different organizations that want to sign Josh immediately so we are just weighing our options, and going with the best opportunity for Josh. Josh will be back in the UFC after he wins a few fights outside the UFC. We appreciate all the support Josh’s fans have given him." -Mickey Dubberly

HT: promma.info

The UFC never closes the door permanently. At least not in most cases.  I think we'll see Neer back.

im not saying it was right to cut the guy, or wrong. but when its about a fighter who WILL NEVER be fighting for the belt in his respective weight class, who gives a fuck?

his sub over danzig was sick, tho.

D.U.I.

Reggie Warren Jr -  I mean cut a guy who gets knocked out or submitted!

Neer never came close to being KO'd or submitted by Pellegrino or Gleison.  He was taken down...big fucking deal.

And he stepped up to fight for an injured Sean Sherk. 

x2!!!!!

I agree that Neer can be exciting and always brings it, but he’s lost 2 in a row, and there’s too many veterans as well as up-and-comers trying to get back in or break into the UFC, so it really wouldn’t be fair to them in a sense. I thought he’d get some latitude for subbing for Sherk, but bottom line, Neer will be back.

Bruce Leroy -  He can probably get more money being a big name at smaller shows.UFC is not the only game in town for a tough guy like Neer

Your right it isn't the only game in town but it is the only game in town with deep competition