Joshua-Klitscho face off

If Vlad fights hungry Joshua will be praying for a right to be landed after eating a couple rds of power jabs by Klits

This is a very important fight in the heavyweight division that I've been following for a while. What makes it so interesting in my opinion is that both fighters, while very talented have a lot of unanswered questions.

For Joshua

-Obviously, this is the most experienced, skilled and imo powerful fighter he's faced so far. Will he be up to the challenge? I believe so but we'll have to see. His chin hasn't really been tested on the professional level. He did get noticably buzzed in the 2nd round of the Whyte fight as mentioned. Though to his credit he survived and got a TKO himself.

-As mentioned highest weight of career(though only by a pound IIRC), still he's added bulk to his frame from a few fights ago, and it probably reinforces what many believe will be his strategy in this fight. To impose his power on Klitchko early, disrupt and not allow him to get into a rhythm. Take advantage of the fact that Wlad has a 17+ month layover to jump on him in the early rounds (1-5 or so) and try to take him out. The question is, if he doesn't get him out of there, is he prepared to go 12 rounds with that frame?(none of his prior fights have lasted that long)

For Wlad

-Coming off a loss to Fury where he was very inactive and seemed unwilling or unable to pull the trigger. Did he get "old overnight" or was it more a matter of a bad stylistic matchup? Was it that fury was taller, longer reach, and used jerky unconventional movement and a pawing jab to keep wlad from getting set and throw off his rhythm and punch output? If the latter theory is true then Joshua may present fewer of those specific types of problems  for Wladmir(though presenting other problems of his own).

-How much, shall we say, strategic holding, will the ref allow in this fight? The povetkin fight was awful in this regard, while the ref's warnings in the Jennings fight imo, helped make it more competitive than many thought.

Overall I think this fight boils down to Joshua early, or Klitchko late. It's close imo, due to the unknown factors above, but my leaning prediction is Joshua by TKO in round 5 or 6.

I've got money on Joshua 4-6.  I think everyone agrees it's Joshua early or Klitschko late, but, thats only because there are so many unknowns.  Either way I'm sure I'll be on the edge of my seat.

ThatsHowIRoll -

Both over 100kg ripped. Pair of beasts!

this is the most exciting boxing match up since Maypac. I'm pumped

since Ward-Kovalev imo

cuttooth -
ThatsHowIRoll -

since Ward-Kovalev imo

Yes, then we will be saying that about Canelo-GGG 

Barry_BondsMVP -
cuttooth -
ThatsHowIRoll -

since Ward-Kovalev imo

Yes, then we will be saying that about Canelo-GGG 

Let them book it before we start getting excited, Canelo has dodged that one long enough!

What time is this fight tonight in the US?

El Duderino - 

What time is this fight tonight in the US?

4 EST on Showtime

Thanks Bobby

Think I might throw some money on the Under 8.5 and hope they come out guns blazing or one lands that bomb. Worried Wlad could have a jab and hug fest and win on points.

I know the fights start in 2 hrs but is that the undercard? Gonna be driving around that time

ShanTheMan - I know the fights start in 2 hrs but is that the undercard? Gonna be driving around that time

It's on Quigg vs Simion now, just about done so, Joshua vs Klitschko is next I believe.

What a fantastic entertaining fight!

Good fight.  But MMA is better.

good fight. No shame for Klitschko esp @ 41 yrs old.