Judo...which viewpoint?

so,so sad, but typical. Now us judo will sit around with the gray hairs,talk about their past,how great they were while judo hear keeps dropping out of sight.

Where we are is the legacy from the JF-JBBA/USJA wars of years ago. The same folks are fighting the same battles. They will all have to die off, however, they will no doubt infect others with the same disease and carry on the war.

Ben Reinhardt

Ben: It's really sad isn't it? the JBBF, AFJA(now USJA)and it's issues between one another are slowy killing Judo in this country. You worded it perfectly, the same people that were waging war against one another in 1969 are still fighting the same battle, but WE are the casualties now. When they die off some person that was groomed by them will continue to allow this to fester and we stay stuck in this cycle. Is this really what Jim Bregman or any of our olympic medalist wanted?

Do you think that any of the directors of anything Judo in this country care about anything other than their own agenda when it comes down to it? In my eyes they don't...they will continue to do Judo the best way see it benefitting them while grassroots cats(Dave Williams, Walter Lamb, Al DeMers, Enrique Cruz, Mike Ostrowski and myself)struggle to get the best UPDATED training for their youth competitors.

We're a long way from where we should be and taking steps backwards instead of forwards.

Jarvis

Ben Reinhardt:Dude, I FEEL GOOD. I want to thank you and a couple of others for letting me vent on this thread. The person in question on this thread came into my office tonight after Judo and told me "I feel like I'm learning something new every class out here." "It is just taking me a while to get used to the differences, but I enjoy training here some of this stuff I had never seen before."

I can't express how happy I truly am now. Oddly it is more of a feeling of relief if you can believe that. At least one bright spot in Judo for me this week:-)

Jarvis

Jarvis wrote:"Ben: It's really sad isn't it? the JBBF, AFJA(now USJA)and it's issues between one another are slowy killing Judo in this country. You worded it perfectly, the same people that were waging war against one another in 1969 are still fighting the same battle, but WE are the casualties now. When they die off some person that was groomed by them will continue to allow this to fester and we stay stuck in this cycle. Is this really what Jim Bregman or any of our olympic medalist wanted? "

Unfortunately, Jim Bregman is now part of the problem. I had high hope for him, but he went pretty quickly to gutter fighting and circling the wagons.

His last attack on USA Judo suggested that the US Open (scheduled for the most important Jewish holliday should be changed now. Some of his minions even suggested anti-semitism, without of course directly saying it, on the part of USA Judo.

Apparently Josh Resnick doesn't mind.

JA has returned to the old Phil Porter method of claiming victimhood at the hands of USA Judo in order to motivate their "base". I think they tried the "high road for a while", but quickly reverted to the old form. Of course, it's all USA Judo's fault. Of course, this all has it's roots in the very reason the JA was formulated from the old AFJA by Phil Porter et al.

Do you think that any of the directors of anything Judo in this country care about anything other than their own agenda when it comes down to it?"

Yes, I think they do care, but getting along seems to be almost impossible. JF and USJI are getting along pretty well at this point.

In my eyes they don't...they will continue to do Judo the best way see it benefitting them while grassroots cats(Dave Williams, Walter Lamb, Al DeMers, Enrique Cruz, Mike Ostrowski and myself)struggle to get the best UPDATED training for their youth competitors.

We're a long way from where we should be and taking steps backwards instead of forwards. "

I agree. Ben R.

Jarvis

Congratulations, Jarvis!

Venting is cool, that's one of the reasons we are all here.

Ben R.

"Unfortunately, Jim Bregman is now part of the problem. I had high hope for him, but he went pretty quickly to gutter fighting and circling the wagons.

His last attack on USA Judo suggested that the US Open (scheduled for the most important Jewish holliday should be changed now. Some of his minions even suggested anti-semitism, without of course directly saying it, on the part of USA Judo.

Apparently Josh Resnick doesn't mind.:

Ben: I couldn't agree with you more. I was so sad when I saw Mr. Bregman's letter to us about that. I hate to say this, but it came off to me as petty and overreactive. I'm not Jewish so I won't pretend to know what it feels like to have a sacred time like Yom Kippur interrupted for sport, but I have competed on Christmas for wrestling, Karate, Jiujitsu and kickboxing. It was my CHOICE. I think it should have been left up to each individual athlete to make the decision for him or herself...not have the President of one of the 3 Judo bodies draw a line in the sand about it.

"JA has returned to the old Phil Porter method of claiming victimhood at the hands of USA Judo in order to motivate their "base". I think they tried the "high road for a while", but quickly reverted to the old form. Of course, it's all USA Judo's fault. Of course, this all has it's roots in the very reason the JA was formulated from the old AFJA by Phil Porter et al."

It seems that way doesn't it?? I hope this is something that subsides quickly and can be worked out. I don't blame anyone side, I blame them all. We need to do a better job of focusing on our athletes and their goals and objectives.

Jarvis