Just watched Maia vs Askren

A few questions 

1. Why didn't Ben play the clinch against the cage more?

2. How the hell was Maia able to sweep/scramble so well against an olympian? I can hardly move shitty college wrestlers lol  

1 & 2: Maia is good

3 Likes

Did you seen him lateral drop chael? Maia ain’t no ones bitch!

6 Likes

Maia always had exceptional wrestling for a bjj guy. He could hang with almost anyone in clinch

1 Like
anunaki - 

![](upload://fPHUtwJOIaPM89CNVmMSV6kAIrx.gif)

3 Likes
James Franco -

Maia always had exceptional wrestling for a bjj guy. He could hang with almost anyone in clinch

But Woodley, Usman and Colby 

Bend The Knee -
James Franco -

Hes only lost to champs and the #1 contender in the last 6 years while having 10 wins against guys like Masvidal, Askren, Condit etc

What a scrub

1 Like
Bend The Knee - 
James Franco -

All of these guys were terrified to grapple with Maia. They kept it standing and outstroke Maia.

1 Like

Edit wrong thread 

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
anunaki - 

This is still to me one of the most impressive takedowns/throw to submission I have seen

just flawless

After watching Gary Tonon in his first few fights it got me thinking and wishing Maia would have focused more on his kicks.

InTheClosetCucumberBoy -
Bend The Knee -
James Franco -

Hes only lost to champs and the #1 contender in the last 6 years while having 10 wins against guys like Masvidal, Askren, Condit etc

What a scrub

I love Maia? Where did I call him a scrub 

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
anunaki - 

One of my favourite subs. The other one being the Karo Sub on Dave something where he went from standing to a kimura.

Always nice to see a slick transition from standing to ground sub. 

shawarma -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
anunaki - 

One of my favourite subs. The other one being the Karo Sub on Dave something where he went from standing to a kimura.

That MM slam to armbar was amazing as well

Bend The Knee -
James Franco -

I always felt he was outsized by those guys in addition to them being highly skilled.

danybayamon23 - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
anunaki - 

This is still to me one of the most impressive takedowns/throw to submission I have seen

just flawless

One of the best performances ever.

I hated the fight for Ben soon as it was announced.  Maia is the most dangerous grapplers in the sport. You don't win a fight with him that doesn't take place on the feet. Period. 

anunaki -

Everything about the transition into his choke was amazing 

1 Like
shawarma -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
anunaki - 

https://youtu.be/wGFsdz3kLBw

Bend The Knee -

A few questions 

1. Why didn't Ben play the clinch against the cage more?

2. How the hell was Maia able to sweep/scramble so well against an olympian? I can hardly move shitty college wrestlers lol  

Ben is a scrambler and literally is the king of funk wrestling. Basically invented an entire With that said, he is comfortable scrambling, thrives on it and is not your traditional type of wrestler. 

Oh yeah and Maia is arguably the greatest BJJ practitioner in mma of all time.