Kalib Starnes does his talking with his fists

rudj - 

Come on, the cage was locked. Nate could have changed things up between rounds. Kalib was just waiting for Nate to actually cut off the cage & then BANG, the big counter.. but nooh, he just chased him around, trying to be funny.

....... styles make fights.

hi Kalib

Glad he's doing well. Phone Post 3.0

If he didn't want to fight with a "broken foot" then he should've tapped out.
Instead of running around the cage acting like a asshole.
He flipped Nate and his corner men off,talked shit like Nate was at fault.

He should have no shame in tapping due to a broken foot,just move aside for the fighters that would love the opportunity to have 15 minutes in the octagon.
Either way I'm sure he knows he fucked up big time.

MMASucka -
catbath -

I feel for Starnes. It was agonizing to watch his infamous fight, but its not like you spend any time in the gym training for how you'll fight if you break your foot.  We've certainly seen other athletes handle broken feet with more bravado, but who's to say that Starnes' injury wasn't more painful?

Not excusing it. Just saying its a tough spot.

I couldn't agree more. He had not only a broken foot and a broken hand, but he had something wrong with his jaw as well. Not to make excuses, but he has come a long ways. Phone Post 3.0

Then just quit. If you are done fighting, quit. Was he hoping Nate might fall over and KO himself? Phone Post

I woyld have ran from Quarry too... Still would if he was tasked with knocking my head off. Respect to all true fighters. Phone Post

Blazing Knees - It still wasnt the worst fight ever-that goes to Kimblow slice/Houston alexander
I honestly think condit v Diaz was worse. Almost the exact same fight, but a handful of soft leg kicks gave the decision the other way and the build up and expectations of a war were intense - wayyyy bigger let down Phone Post 3.0

^^^ Maybe its just me but when I visualize him saying that out loud and proud I think he would get tons of respect. Lots of fighters talk shit about pay and contracts after being cut so they get labelled as bitter. This would have to be the loudest\ballsiest protest ever. This actually illustrates a truth about who really holds the power in the fight game. Shit - I was held hostage in front of my fuckin TV! :) Reminds me of the part in "The Prestige" when the double realizes his true worth.

MMASucka - 
mghan44 - Not sure that any MMA hate bugs me more than the absolute relentless attacks on Kalib everytime his name is mentioned.

One bad fight ruined that guys name forever, despite the fact that he has some great fights and wins over solid fighters (he beat Leben in a very entertaining fight if some don't remember).

Glad to hear that he is doing well!
Glad to hear someone with a positive remark. Phone Post 3.0

FRAT I had a problem with Starnes while he was on tuf. After the first round of one of his fights he got into a heated argument with Shammy. Ken wwas trying to give him advice on how to win but Kalib kept arguing and saying his rib was broken his rib was broken (it wasnt) & pointing to it in clear sight of his opponent. Of couse he gets tko'ed later in the following round. Then after the Nate fight he became entitled when people criticized his performance saying 'At least I was in there fighting'. Wtf? Do athletes from other sports say that? No! He was being a dick. Luckily most mma fighters dont have that attitude (thank god) cause there is no place for that in the sport. I'll never cheer for him again.

RyanVonDoom - 
Blazing Knees - 
goldenboyart - 
Blazing Knees - It still wasnt the worst fight ever-that goes to Kimblow slice/Houston alexander

You're NUTS. At least those guys were tired from fighting. What Starnes did was gutless. Thoses 2 fights shouldn't even be compared.

Maybe I'm nuts 0

but I remember Houston cirling to the left for 3 rounds and both of them bent at the waist huffing a puffing at the same time till the ref told them to fight-

they both got cut after that fight too

Shockingly, you've managed to be wrong about every single thing you posted.

Kimbo's slam in that fight by itself was more exciting then anything in Starnes/Quarry. And like Quarry, Kimbo was trying to exchange, but just followed him instead of cutting him off.

At no point during the fight were they bent over huffing, or did Rosenthal have to tell them to fight.

And Kimbo was not released coming off of his win. He was released after doing decent against Mitrione, gassing out because he had no cardio, due to hardly training.

Ahaha Meathead/Kimbo was not competitive. Had nothing to do with cardio Mitrione beat him like he stole something. All Kimbo had was his right hook & lazy left straight. That entire match looked like a miss match.

cool hand Ed - 
RyanVonDoom - 
Blazing Knees - 
goldenboyart - 
Blazing Knees - It still wasnt the worst fight ever-that goes to Kimblow slice/Houston alexander

You're NUTS. At least those guys were tired from fighting. What Starnes did was gutless. Thoses 2 fights shouldn't even be compared.

Maybe I'm nuts 0

but I remember Houston cirling to the left for 3 rounds and both of them bent at the waist huffing a puffing at the same time till the ref told them to fight-

Kimbo's slam in that fight by itself was more exciting then anything in Starnes/Quarry. And like Quarry, Kimbo was trying to exchange, but just followed him instead of cutting him off.

At no point during the fight were they bent over huffing, or did Rosenthal have to tell them to fight.

And Kimbo was not released coming off of his win. He was released after doing decent against Mitrione, gassing out because he had no cardio, due to hardly training.

Thank you ED and

\stfu RVD

YOu see that GIF^^^^ You're the one that's totally wrong. Kimbo went on to do what against Mitrione?

"we got the double double-over, both Slice and Alexander hunched over, hands on their knees, breathing heavily".

"After circling one another for literally half of the first round — much to the disappointment of the Las Vegas crowd at "The Pearl"

"Alexander threw leg kick after leg kick while circling much of the first two rounds"

"By the time the third round came, Alexander appeared near exhaustion. Still, the third saw the first glimpse of the street fight-style brawling that the YouTube sensation is known for"

".The remaining minute saw both fighters wobbly and tired"

. http://www.mmamania.com/2009/12/5/1187522/kimbo-slice-wins-ultimate-fighter

And

He DID DECENT AGAINST MITRIONE?

He got ktfo in the 2nd round

"Mitrione won by second-round technical knockout in a fight that may be remembered as the one that debunked the myth of Kimbo Slice once and for all."
You're an arrogant know-it-all that doesn't know shit RVD- and the ban you got shoud've been permament.

Move on

However, I was wrong about both of them being cut after that fight, it was only Alexander.

Kimbo got cut after Matt put him on queer street.

fight was entertaining regardless. The crowd cheering/booing at end was fucking gold

That gif was not during the fight but after it ended. And since when is tko the same as ktfo? Phone Post

And yes Kimbo vs Alexander was much better than Starnes vs Quarry. Phone Post

cool hand Ed -
RyanVonDoom - 
Blazing Knees - 
goldenboyart - 

Maybe I'm nuts 0

Isn't that the end of the round? Phone Post

Blazing Knees -
cool hand Ed - 
RyanVonDoom - 
Blazing Knees - 
goldenboyart - 

Maybe I'm nuts 0

Thank you ED and

\stfu RVD

YOu see that GIF^^^^ You're the one that's totally wrong. Kimbo went on to do what against Mitrione?

"we got the double double-over, both Slice and Alexander hunched over, hands on their knees, breathing heavily".

"After circling one another for literally half of the first round — much to the disappointment of the Las Vegas crowd at "The Pearl"

"Alexander threw leg kick after leg kick while circling much of the first two rounds"

"By the time the third round came, Alexander appeared near exhaustion. Still, the third saw the first glimpse of the street fight-style brawling that the YouTube sensation is known for"

".The remaining minute saw both fighters wobbly and tired"

. http://www.mmamania.com/2009/12/5/1187522/kimbo-slice-wins-ultimate-fighter

And

He DID DECENT AGAINST MITRIONE?

He got ktfo in the 2nd round

"Mitrione won by second-round technical knockout in a fight that may be remembered as the one that debunked the myth of Kimbo Slice once and for all."
You're an arrogant know-it-all that doesn't know shit RVD- and the ban you got shoud've been permament.

Move on

That gif was from the end of.the.fight............ Phone Post

john_d1974 - 

he's no fighter.

I'm sure he'd be happy to prove you wrong.

Not a big fan of Starnes, mostly because he really hasn't done anything to make me a fan, but anyone doubting his ability to fight is an idiot. Whatever his reasons for his actions at UFC 83, if he's seriously making another run at the UFC, he has my support.

He's a big guy in person-I don't think many on here would really want a piece of his ass in a cage

I think Starnes is good enough to fight locally and I would happily watch his fights, but he struggled in the UFC, and we won't see him there again.