Kalib Starnes does his talking with his fists

catbath -

I feel for Starnes. It was agonizing to watch his infamous fight, but its not like you spend any time in the gym training for how you'll fight if you break your foot.  We've certainly seen other athletes handle broken feet with more bravado, but who's to say that Starnes' injury wasn't more painful?

Not excusing it. Just saying its a tough spot.

^ This. A lot of haters out there. Easy to say that "oh, i would have gone down swinging like a real man"......yeah right. Easy to say from the couch. Phone Post 3.0

I see him all the time around surrey and Vancouver always at skytrain stations. He's Actually a pretty big dude in person. Was wondering what he's been doing since Ufc, glad to hear he's got some wins Phone Post

Good to see more people then not supporting him now. The fight was terrible but its one fight. Like I said you watch his fights with Leban and Belcher and try to say the guy doesn't have heart.

Glad to hear him winning fights the way he is winning. Phone Post

MMASucka -
catbath -

I feel for Starnes. It was agonizing to watch his infamous fight, but its not like you spend any time in the gym training for how you'll fight if you break your foot.  We've certainly seen other athletes handle broken feet with more bravado, but who's to say that Starnes' injury wasn't more painful?

Not excusing it. Just saying its a tough spot.

I couldn't agree more. He had not only a broken foot and a broken hand, but he had something wrong with his jaw as well. Not to make excuses, but he has come a long ways. Phone Post 3.0
Bad case of Tito. Phone Post 3.0

It's unfortunate that the worst night of his professional life is brought up every time his name is mentioned.

I'm from BC. It is well known that he grew up around the HA's and at one time was an enforcer for them. Inside word is he was indebted to them and threw the fight.

Find it far fetched but that was the buzz Phone Post 3.0

It still wasnt the worst fight ever-that goes to Kimblow slice/Houston alexander

Dezbot- If I was getting paid & signed the contract- YES! Phone Post

i broke my foot in my second amateur fight, and i d rather not insinuate that my break was in any way as bad as kalib's alleged break, but then again, i wasnt able to move around on it as nimbly and as spry as kalib was the remainder of his fight with quarry, [AND I STILL FOUGHT ]  a hell of a lot better than he did. and yes, i was fighting nate quarry. 

a quick google search of his record reveals that he is nothing special at 14-8 and 38 years old. I also have some stories involving kalib from my time living in vegas, and though this was a few years ago and im sure that kalib has undergone 10-20 life changing spiritual journies  across the himilayas and other notable geographic spiritual points, survived 100's of life-affirming disasters all leading to independent moments of clarity and profundity completely restructuring his asshole idiosyncracies and character quarks and flaws  : he was a fucking cunty douche.

He beat leben early in his ufc career before leben really started to develop a name and before he started to turn any major corners in his development. Pre-hume leben. The only thing i can see being remotely impressive in his career is the three round marathon he ran backwards on a "broken" foot , so rather than expunging adult starlet stats and kazushi sakuraba fun- facts to free up room for an otherwise unremarkable career better left in the hands of obscurity, i shall remember kalib for exactly that.

Blazing Knees - It still wasnt the worst fight ever-that goes to Kimblow slice/Houston alexander

You're NUTS. At least those guys were tired from fighting. What Starnes did was gutless. Thoses 2 fights shouldn't even be compared.

Blazing Knees - It still wasnt the worst fight ever-that goes to Kimblow slice/Houston alexander

You're NUTS. At least those guys were tired from fighting. What Starnes did was gutless. Thoses 2 fights shouldn't even be compared.

I saw the thread title and had to click.

Come on, the cage was locked. Nate could have changed things up between rounds. Kalib was just waiting for Nate to actually cut off the cage & then BANG, the big counter.. but nooh, he just chased him around, trying to be funny.

....... styles make fights.

slowdiver - 

Fans will let this go after Starnes tells the truth about that night. It's a fucking LIE about that foot and we all know it. That ain't a limp, it's a sprint. He had plenty of spring in his step. And fuck that "keyboard warrior" shit, people are just calling what they are seeing. Obviously Kalib is a badass, so what we should all be little bitches around guys tougher than us? I was a fan of his and I'm still waiting to be one again when the truth is told. It's pretty natural to feel disrespected by a sense of dishonesty.

I stepped in the cage and I agree with you 100% on this post. If this is the quality of other posts you make, you should really post more often. You brought the fucking truth right here, fren!

mghan44 - Not sure that any MMA hate bugs me more than the absolute relentless attacks on Kalib everytime his name is mentioned.

One bad fight ruined that guys name forever, despite the fact that he has some great fights and wins over solid fighters (he beat Leben in a very entertaining fight if some don't remember).

Glad to hear that he is doing well!

durans no mad was pretty epuc at the time, took a while for him to redeem himself, i think he didnt fo it until he defeated barkley Phone Post

El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

i broke my foot in my second amateur fight, and i d rather not insinuate that my break was in any way as bad as kalib's alleged break, but then again, i wasnt able to move around on it as nimbly and as spry as kalib was the remainder of his fight with quarry, [AND I STILL FOUGHT ]  a hell of a lot better than he did. and yes, i was fighting nate quarry. 

a quick google search of his record reveals that he is nothing special at 14-8 and 38 years old. I also have some stories involving kalib from my time living in vegas, and though this was a few years ago and im sure that kalib has undergone 10-20 life changing spiritual journies  across the himilayas and other notable geographic spiritual points, survived 100's of life-affirming disasters all leading to independent moments of clarity and profundity completely restructuring his asshole idiosyncracies and character quarks and flaws  : he was a fucking cunty douche.

He beat leben early in his ufc career before leben really started to develop a name and before he started to turn any major corners in his development. Pre-hume leben. The only thing i can see being remotely impressive in his career is the three round marathon he ran backwards on a "broken" foot , so rather than expunging adult starlet stats and kazushi sakuraba fun- facts to free up room for an otherwise unremarkable career better left in the hands of obscurity, i shall remember kalib for exactly that.

Wow! Phone Post 3.0

goldenboyart - 

Maybe I'm nuts 0

but I remember Houston cirling to the left for 3 rounds and both of them bent at the waist huffing a puffing at the same time till the ref told them to fight-

they both got cut after that fight too

I blame the octagon. If that shit happened in a ring stNes wouldve been forced to engage. The size and shape of the octagon allowed that shit to go on Phone Post

Malvert the Janitor - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Wow! Phone Post 3.0

you got my vote up for the day, good sir.