Kampmann: A five year old could tell I beat Sanche

Chuckles - Diego took that one on aggression, cage control and being closer to finishing. Should have been a draw though. Phone Post

no criteria for aggression or "being closer to finishing"

and Martin Kampmann won "cage control" by stuffing 14/15 takedowns.

Since the fight was fought 99% on the feet, the criteria that should have counted highest was "effective striking", a category which Kampmann dominated.

Terrible decision

The fight was razor close. Diego bleeds alot that's nothing new. But the fact is that it was a razor close fight. I would have been happy with either fighter winning. I re-watched the fight and it is so close that it should have been a draw really. Diego fought a Jackson game plan fight of riding the decision, and he won. Kampmann should have tried to finish, even though that is near impossible versus Diego.

LelandMMA - The fight was razor close.

No, it wasn't.

Diego fought a Jackson game plan fight of riding the decision, and he won.

you have to be ahead to ride to a decision, which diego never was once during this fight.

I felt Kampman won as well.

Kampmann beat the dogshit out of a very tough and game Diego who did nothing to win other than move into gunfire.

Sanchez showed zero accuracy, zero footwork and the sloppiest takedowns I have ever seen him attempt. Kampmann should have been less conservative but even in a fight where he wasn't committing to his power shots he left Diego in a pool of blood and hamburger meat. Anyone that thinks Diego won this fight knows nothing about the stand up game whatsoever.

Kampman got jobbed in that fight.. he won easily.

Kampmann won that fight. He did more damage, dropped Diego twice, and he controlled where the fight took place. How could anyone see it different? 

And for those of you saying Kampmann didn't fight a smart fight or he should've been more aggressive, he was counter punching! And he was being VERY effective! Say he does rush Diego and get's taken down, would that have been a more exciting fight? Because that's obviously what Diego's gameplan was (which, coincidentally, he was unsuccessful at). What was Martin's gameplan? To sprawl and counter (which he was very successful at). Yea, Diego did connect a few times, but just look at the compustrike numbers, look at the damge inflicted, look at the stuffed takedowns (not aggression, but it is octogan control, and if you're gonna score a takedown in which no damage was inflicted, I think 14 stuffed takedowns = one successful takedown), and it's OBVIOUS that Kampmann should've won the decision.

Maybe Kampmann should've tried for a few takedowns. That might have sealed the decision for him. But even without a takedown, he clearly won the fight on all accounts.

Diego's left orbital bone has to be cleared by a doctor before his next fight, Kampmann's right hand has to be cleared by a doctor before his next fight. 

If I break my hand punching your face, does that mean you inflicted as much/more damage than I did??

I love how people keep saying kampmann almost got KTFO, ugh his legs buckled but he was not close to getting finished, he kept his feet under him and circled away. Diego got dropped twice! As in couldnt keep his feet under him. Phone Post

evilmonkey666 - http://compustrike.com/stats_files/Kampmann_Sanchez.html

You conveniently forgot to include this, which is from their site...

"The CompuStrike program is in no way, shape, or form designed to judge an MMA event. It is designed to simply display a fighter's activity."

The three professional judges that all scored every round the exact the same had it correct.

29-28

Deigo stole that fight midway through the 2nd round.

FSMA - 
Deigo stole that fight midway through the 2nd round.

That was how I saw it, but I was very tired and still haven't rewatched it in all fairness. Diego did indeed miss lots of punches but he was also landing power shots. As far as bringing up the stats - most of Kampmann's offense was in the first round, but it is fair to say that it could well have been a 10-8 round. As the fight went on Kampmann did less and less and let it slip away from him.

From the one watch I've had of it, I could definitely accept the argument that either guy won, it wasn't a robbery.

I used to like Kampmann but his crying after his last two fights changed that -

On the other hand....Diego's last two fights have been him doing everything in his power to win - Martin needs to learn how to leave it all in the ring instead of hoping the judges saw it his way -

Unfortunately for Kampmann, many mma judges arent as smart as a 5 year old.

it's easy.

just watch the fight, and during the fight, if ever, who gives you the feeling he might finish the other guy off?

sanchez, several times.

Sanchez didn't win a single round in that fight.

Shocking how many mma fans do not understand what they are watching.

Some of you clowns should join a boxing gym and learn how a fight that was almost 100% standup is scored. I am also of the belief that stuffing 14/15 takedowns shows better grappling. The more effective striking is written all over Sanchez's face and the compubox numbers. A flurry of wild haymakers most of which missed at the end of rounds doesn't win a fight. And the idea of "professional judges" is ludicrous. Are there different judging standards for guys that have never been in a fight.

jbapk - Sanchez didn't win a single round in that fight.

Shocking how many mma fans do not understand what they are watching.
There are fighters out there that felt Diego won. 

What makes your opinion more valid than theirs?  Because you watch fights from a couch?

Diego once again showed he is game, but I feel that Kampman clearly fought a better fight and deserved the decision victory.

Not only did my 5 year old think Kampmann won, but my 3 year old said the guy with no boo boo's won too.

Watched this fight on VS again last night.

Kampmann won again.

Kampmann's greatest mistake in that fight was allowing Diego to back him against the cage and swing like a drunken frat boy. I was screaming at the TV hoping he'd backpedal to the center of the ring. Other than that he looked amazing in this fight. His striking is as slick as can be and it would be a shame if he gets cut from the UFC any time soon. He had two very controversial losses but he clearly beat Diego in this fight.