Karo or Manvel to Fight Knox Tourn

Superfight!!!

Gokor has just decided that the winners from all the divisions in the Knoxville Hayastan Grappling Challenge April 17th will fight in a championship bracket. The winner of this bracket will then fight either UFC veteran Karo Parysian or upcoming UFC fighter Manvel Gamburyan for the tournament championship. The prize will be $200!! This will be a great opportunity to see some of the best tallent in NHB/MMA and submission grappling today in action. The decision on which one will come to Knoxville will be made in the next day or so. We will post it on this forum as soon as it is released.

Don't miss it!!!

Shalom,
Mat

Yeah, Gokor is talking to Manvel first.

Yes he is Armenian. Gokor has many in the Armenian Community of his area coming to his school and/or bringing him their kids.

Shalom,
Mat

did you guys have alot of big guys at your last tourny? i would hate to make the trip and be the only fat boy

We had several big guys. I know of several new ones coming this time and all the guys from last time are returning. Casey Oxindine has several heavyweights and Max Bishop is bringing a couple of guys that are definately heavyweights. From what I am hearing we are going to have a load of guys this time. Last time we had 50 and this time it is looking like maybe over 100. But I am definately caucious with the numbers cause things happen. We have had a ton of interest shown.

Shalom,
Mat

cool...hopefully ill make it..whats the drive from atlanta?

Drive from Atlanta is I think about 4 hours or 3.5 if you haul it.

james, it takes about 3 and a half hours from atlanta. even though i haven't been training up here, i'll probably enter for the fun of it. thats really cool to have the opportunity to grapple one of those two.

ttt

ttt

IT'S OFFICIAL: MANVEL WILL FIGHT IN KNOXVILLE!!

ttt

cool dave be cool to meet ya well it looks like ill be in the heezy, watch out fat boys =)

James

ttt

cool idea by Gokor. Who is manny? Is he a black belt under Gokor?

He is a step up from Karo many say. Please don't think that I am taking anything away from Karo. He is amazing. I have just had many say that Manuel is much more suited to mma and Karo to Judo. Though I still think that this is a generalization because Manuel is also a several time national Judo Champion himself and Karo has been doing extremely well in mma since age 15. As for black belt in Gokor's system there is only one that I know of and that is Harut. This guy's reputation is legendary but rumor is he doesn't train much anymore.

Shalom,
Mat

ttt

Jumbo Red,

I'll ask Gokor and let you know but if anyone else knows...

ttt

ttt