Kavanagh said nobody knew Conor sent the tweet

Kavanagh just told Ariel that he had no idea Conor sent that tweet about being back on 200. Said Conor's management had no idea either.

Sounds like it was Conor just trying to get the fans worked up and on his side hoping Lorenzo would give in to the public demand.

I don't see that happening. You think Lorenzo wants to give off the impression that Conor calls the shots and he and Dana respond in accordance? Not gonna happen.

Last thing I'll say on the topic, I think Conor realized he overplayed his hand, and realizes he might have cost himself the rematch with Nate.

That tweet was just his attempt to make a last ditch effort to create public outcry to sway ZUFFA into giving him the Nate fight.

The sad thing is, disrupting his camp for the vegas press trip this far out would not have impacted his prep for Diaz whatsoever.

If it wouldn't have disrupted his camp... they why not go?

Card - 

It would have disrupted his camp but IMO not had a negative impact on his preparation for a July 9th fight.

Often when someone becomes super famous, and are filled with people saying yes to them, how great they are etc, they lose touch with reality quite a bit. They become divas that don't understand when they're told they can't do something because they've been told yes for so long, and their fans reinforce their behaviour, essentially saying they deserve it.

Conor is giving up a $10 million payday over a flight to vegas which he's done numerous times before, 3 months out before his fight. Yet fans here are acting like this is normal, saying he deserves it etc, and Conor is just acting stranger and stranger.

BJ Penn Forever - Last thing I'll say on the topic, I think Conor realized he overplayed his hand, and realizes he might have cost himself the rematch with Nate.

That tweet was just his attempt to make a last ditch effort to create public outcry to sway ZUFFA into giving him the Nate fight.

The sad thing is, disrupting his camp for the vegas press trip this far out would not have impacted his prep for Diaz whatsoever.
Hmm. I guess it should be easy based on your experience? Phone Post 3.0

OSP just had his arm broken, in a fight that was made on three weeks notice, one that he had no intention of engaging aggressively, he kbew in his heart he had little to no chance of winning for 55k. Conor was going to make 10 million dollars, and have his entourage and gym flown private around the world for free. Someone does not really want the fight. Most everyone I know would take a serious ass whooping for 10 million dollars. As would almost any other fighter on the roster.

Whambo - Often when someone becomes super famous, and are filled with people saying yes to them, how great they are etc, they lose touch with reality quite a bit. They become divas that don't understand when they're told they can't do something because they've been told yes for so long, and their fans reinforce their behaviour, essentially saying they deserve it.

Conor is giving up a $10 million payday over a flight to vegas which he's done numerous times before, 3 months out before his fight. Yet fans here are acting like this is normal, saying he deserves it etc, and Conor is just acting stranger and stranger.

Conor was already training Vegas last time. He didn't have to fly all the way from Iceland to do media obligations because he was here.

Let's just put this in perspective: I have an important court case I need to prepare for. It's a big case, my client in question is somewhat famous. The case is a little less than 3 months away, and I need all the information and time to make sure I win this case for my client. However, the boss of my firm wants me to fly to HIS hometown and discuss the details of the case. I live a fucking Iceland. I don't have time for this. I've got an opponent lawyer ready to take my head off if I'm anything less than fully prepared. I don't want to meet up with my boss, so he takes me off the case. Wtf? Alright, fuck it. I've won bigger cases in 13 seconds, and as a lawyer I've made a shit ton of money. I could just move on to the next thing in life... I'll let the boss squirm as he searches for a bigger name lawyer to fill the spot, maybe he'll put me back on the case..

Is it easier to be Conor Mcgregor, Phone Post 3.0

Itssocoldinthepimpgame - OSP just had his arm broken, in a fight that was made on three weeks notice, one that he had no intention of engaging aggressively, he kbew in his heart he had little to no chance of winning for 55k. Conor was going to make 10 million dollars, and have his entourage and gym flown private around the world for free. Someone does not really want the fight. Most everyone I know would take a serious ass whooping for 10 million dollars. As would almost any other fighter on the roster.
At least you understand it's about money and not the fight. Phone Post 3.0

Its more than the media obligations that none of them get paid for... The fighters need someone standing up to zuffa. I'm glad there's a stand off now and its conor doing it. If ronda joined him and a few others at the top, there'd be real chance for change.

But the forum seems to be swinging back into zuffa's favor. Phone Post 3.0

Ryann Von Doom - Its more than the media obligations that none of them get paid for... The fighters need someone standing up to zuffa. I'm glad there's a stand off now and its conor doing it. If ronda joined him and a few others at the top, there'd be real chance for change.

Once you sign a contract your supposed to honor it. It's not like anything has changed. The fighters know what's expected of them. Conor wants a bigger piece of the pie but it won't be easy to get. Once he lost to Nate he lost most of his bargaining chips. The Irish superman had great power, but the guy who can't break top ten at 170 #'s doesn't.

BJ Penn Forever - Kavanagh just told Ariel that he had no idea Conor sent that tweet about being back on 200. Said Conor's management had no idea either.

Sounds like it was Conor just trying to get the fans worked up and on his side hoping Lorenzo would give in to the public demand.

I don't see that happening. You think Lorenzo wants to give off the impression that Conor calls the shots and he and Dana respond in accordance? Not gonna happen.

Agreed!

Conor being Conor and seeing what influence and pressure he can put on the UFC. This is generating more publicity for the event than any amount of money the UFC could have spent. Wonder if they'll drop the ball or let Conor fight and everyone can receive a nice pay day.

Conor is happy he doesn't have to face Nate. He knows the rematch was a mistake.

Itssocoldinthepimpgame - OSP just had his arm broken, in a fight that was made on three weeks notice, one that he had no intention of engaging aggressively, he kbew in his heart he had little to no chance of winning for 55k. Conor was going to make 10 million dollars, and have his entourage and gym flown private around the world for free. Someone does not really want the fight. Most everyone I know would take a serious ass whooping for 10 million dollars. As would almost any other fighter on the roster.
And no other fighter on the roster could point to their drawing power to garner that $10 million. Only Conor can. Phone Post 3.0

Ryann Von Doom - Its more than the media obligations that none of them get paid for... The fighters need someone standing up to zuffa. I'm glad there's a stand off now and its conor doing it. If ronda joined him and a few others at the top, there'd be real chance for change.

What do you mean he doesn't get paid for the press conferences?   He's on a ppv contract.   The more media he does, the more interest, the more buys, and he makes more money.

Whambo - Often when someone becomes super famous, and are filled with people saying yes to them, how great they are etc, they lose touch with reality quite a bit. They become divas that don't understand when they're told they can't do something because they've been told yes for so long, and their fans reinforce their behaviour, essentially saying they deserve it.

LOL at a $10m payday.  That's what he said he wanted and Zuffa told him to kick rocks.   He's prob making half that, which is still very good.

The Black Cheez - 
Whambo - Often when someone becomes super famous, and are filled with people saying yes to them, how great they are etc, they lose touch with reality quite a bit. They become divas that don't understand when they're told they can't do something because they've been told yes for so long, and their fans reinforce their behaviour, essentially saying they deserve it.

Conor was already training Vegas last time. He didn't have to fly all the way from Iceland to do media obligations because he was here.

Let's just put this in perspective: I have an important court case I need to prepare for. It's a big case, my client in question is somewhat famous. The case is a little less than 3 months away, and I need all the information and time to make sure I win this case for my client. However, the boss of my firm wants me to fly to HIS hometown and discuss the details of the case. I live a fucking Iceland. I don't have time for this. I've got an opponent lawyer ready to take my head off if I'm anything less than fully prepared. I don't want to meet up with my boss, so he takes me off the case. Wtf? Alright, fuck it. I've won bigger cases in 13 seconds, and as a lawyer I've made a shit ton of money. I could just move on to the next thing in life... I'll let the boss squirm as he searches for a bigger name lawyer to fill the spot, maybe he'll put me back on the case..

Is it easier to be Conor Mcgregor, Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure that made sense in your head.

FrontBroRian - 
Whambo - Often when someone becomes super famous, and are filled with people saying yes to them, how great they are etc, they lose touch with reality quite a bit. They become divas that don't understand when they're told they can't do something because they've been told yes for so long, and their fans reinforce their behaviour, essentially saying they deserve it.

LOL at a $10m payday.  That's what he said he wanted and Zuffa told him to kick rocks.   He's prob making half that, which is still very good.

Stop talking out of your ass, it's been widely reported he made approx 10 mil for both aldo and diaz fights, this probably would have been his biggest payday yet.

BJ Penn Forever - 
Card - 

It would have disrupted his camp but IMO not had a negative impact on his preparation for a July 9th fight.

He had an enormous training advantage over Nate in the first fight, he won't have a training advantage in this fight no matter what......... Coner gets merced again