Kavanagh said nobody knew Conor sent the tweet

I would have taken a time machine if I could make 1 million.

never do lines and tweet

jpm995 - 
Ryann Von Doom - Its more than the media obligations that none of them get paid for... The fighters need someone standing up to zuffa. I'm glad there's a stand off now and its conor doing it. If ronda joined him and a few others at the top, there'd be real chance for change.

But the forum seems to be swinging back into zuffa's favor. Phone Post 3.0

Once you sign a contract your supposed to honor it. It's not like anything has changed. The fighters know what's expected of them. Conor wants a bigger piece of the pie but it won't be easy to get. Once he lost to Nate he lost most of his bargaining chips. The Irish superman had great power, but the guy who can't break top ten at 170 #'s doesn't.

Once you sign a contract your supposed to honor it.

Yes - but what is "a reasonable number of appearances."?

Who is to say that Zuffa aren't in violation of the contract?

lionsoul - 
jpm995 - 
Ryann Von Doom - Its more than the media obligations that none of them get paid for... The fighters need someone standing up to zuffa. I'm glad there's a stand off now and its conor doing it. If ronda joined him and a few others at the top, there'd be real chance for change.

But the forum seems to be swinging back into zuffa's favor. Phone Post 3.0

Once you sign a contract your supposed to honor it. It's not like anything has changed. The fighters know what's expected of them. Conor wants a bigger piece of the pie but it won't be easy to get. Once he lost to Nate he lost most of his bargaining chips. The Irish superman had great power, but the guy who can't break top ten at 170 #'s doesn't.

Once you sign a contract your supposed to honor it.

Yes - but what is "a reasonable number of appearances."?

Who is to say that Zuffa aren't in violation of the contract?

reasonable will be based on past appearances and current circumstances...the fact that conor has done a ton of promotion in the past actually hurts him most likely...also this is the biggest UFC ever...i doubt there is any sane interpretation of "reasonable" that would lead to the conclusion that what the UFC was asking was unreasonable...especially when they offerred to fly him out on their private jet and re-create, piece by piece, his entire training facility

Conor cant promote fights like he used to.....his aura of invincibility is gone.

Can u imagine conor talking shit like he did before. All nate has to say is "i whooped ur ass" then gently drop the mic. Phone Post 3.0

Conor keeps comparing himself to Floyd but Floyd really does call the shots and really is his own boss Conor can be put in his place and cant do a thing about it Bellator or WSOF cant pay him ufc money so he better behave. I'm sure there is bad blood between Conor/Dana/Lorenzo now but Conor wont say anything UFC is still his best pay day. I personally thought the "I'm retiring Thanks for the cheese (money) was very rude and directed to Lorenzo and Dana.

gokudamus - never do lines and tweet
Haha have a vu for a legit lol Phone Post 3.0

gspisimpressed - Conor keeps comparing himself to Floyd but Floyd really does call the shots and really is his own boss Conor can be put in his place and cant do a thing about it Bellator or WSOF cant pay him ufc money so he better behave. I'm sure there is bad blood between Conor/Dana/Lorenzo now but Conor wont say anything UFC is still his best pay day. I personally thought the "I'm retiring Thanks for the cheese (money) was very rude and directed to Lorenzo and Dana.

Does Conor really keep comparing himself to Floyd?

Whambo - 
FrontBroRian - 
Whambo - Often when someone becomes super famous, and are filled with people saying yes to them, how great they are etc, they lose touch with reality quite a bit. They become divas that don't understand when they're told they can't do something because they've been told yes for so long, and their fans reinforce their behaviour, essentially saying they deserve it.

Conor is giving up a $10 million payday over a flight to vegas which he's done numerous times before, 3 months out before his fight. Yet fans here are acting like this is normal, saying he deserves it etc, and Conor is just acting stranger and stranger.

LOL at a $10m payday.  That's what he said he wanted and Zuffa told him to kick rocks.   He's prob making half that, which is still very good.

Stop talking out of your ass, it's been widely reported he made approx 10 mil for both aldo and diaz fights, this probably would have been his biggest payday yet.

Keep dreaming.   It's amazing you still believe everything Conor says.

FrontBroRian -
Whambo - 
FrontBroRian - 
Whambo - Often when someone becomes super famous, and are filled with people saying yes to them, how great they are etc, they lose touch with reality quite a bit. They become divas that don't understand when they're told they can't do something because they've been told yes for so long, and their fans reinforce their behaviour, essentially saying they deserve it.

Conor is giving up a $10 million payday over a flight to vegas which he's done numerous times before, 3 months out before his fight. Yet fans here are acting like this is normal, saying he deserves it etc, and Conor is just acting stranger and stranger.

LOL at a $10m payday.  That's what he said he wanted and Zuffa told him to kick rocks.   He's prob making half that, which is still very good.

Stop talking out of your ass, it's been widely reported he made approx 10 mil for both aldo and diaz fights, this probably would have been his biggest payday yet.

Keep dreaming.   It's amazing you still believe everything Conor says.

It's not just what conor says. It's math...

Gsp got $5 mil for his fight against fitch. Counting ppv points, discretionary bounses, and contract money.

He made 80k + 80k to win, plus 50k for fight of the night. For a total of $210,000. That ppv also did a reported 625,000 buys.

Now factor in conor made $800,000 against Aldo, and $1,000,000 against Nate. And 194 did 1.2 million buys and 196 did 1.5 million buys.

It entirely possible, actually highly likely, he made $10 million+ for each. Phone Post 3.0

Btw, that is the closet I could find to GSP's contract for that fight. I guess the numbers weren't officially released. Phone Post 3.0

I will fly myself to Vegas and let Nate Diaz put it on me for five rounds for half of what Connor is making. No referee stoppages just a solid 25 minute ass beating by Diaz. If it kills me or gives me severe brain damage at least my family would be set.

PM me Dana Phone Post 3.0

TheTurtle - I will fly myself to Vegas and let Nate Diaz put it on me for five rounds for half of what Connor is making. No referee stoppages just a solid 25 minute ass beating by Diaz. If it kills me or gives me severe brain damage at least my family would be set.

PM me Dana Phone Post 3.0

I'll dress up like Conor, get some fake tattoos and walk out to his theme music. Let Diaz punch me in the face or submit me for $2 million at UFC 200. Saves UFC about $8 million.

Tired of people saying fighters are not paid for media obligations . The UFC contract covers everything related to the fight. It's a package deal. Phone Post 3.0

Mike_in_CA - Tired of people saying fighters are not paid for media obligations . The UFC contract covers everything related to the fight. It's a package deal. Phone Post 3.0
Everything is negotiable. Ufc comes to fighters to redo deals before contracts are up. And the biggest draw in the industry should use their leverage to get more money. They got fucked on sponsorship money and had zero say on it. Phone Post 3.0

the giving up 10 M seems fucking asinine to me.

nothing wrong with being a plumber with a monkey and a liger tattooed on your body

BJ Penn Forever - Last thing I'll say on the topic, I think Conor realized he overplayed his hand, and realizes he might have cost himself the rematch with Nate.

That tweet was just his attempt to make a last ditch effort to create public outcry to sway ZUFFA into giving him the Nate fight.

The sad thing is, disrupting his camp for the vegas press trip this far out would not have impacted his prep for Diaz whatsoever.

This.

McGregor f@cked up and learning the hard way.

Nate really got in his head.

TopChute - Conor is happy he doesn't have to face Nate. He knows the rematch was a mistake.
He certainly didn't want to face Nate with words. Despite all the crafty things Conor could jab at him, Nate just can parry back "I beat your ass" and deflate him.

At least in the cage Conor has a puncher's chance. Phone Post 3.0