Kavanagh said nobody knew Conor sent the tweet

Dana said Conor won't be on the NYC card either and Kavanagh said thats going to far.

If Lorenzo and the gang won't let him fight on the NYC card either then though sounds like they really want to send the message that no fighter will outshine the UFC promotion regardless of short term financial damage.

Kavanaugh said several things in that intetview that didn't completely make sense.

He said "all the other fighters on the card just have to go right down the street to the media commitment, Conor has to fly all the way from Iceland (nevermind the fact that Joanna is from Poland, Claudia, Jose, and Nunes are from Brazil, etc).

He said "This will disrupt the begining cycle of a 12 week fight camp.  He will lose 2-3 weeks of camp,  and all for a 30 minute comercial."  Well, if it's "just for a 30 minute commerical" seems like it would ruin maybe a week, tops.  Truthfully though, it isn't all for a 30 minute commrecial.  It was for 3-4 days of press, a commerical shoot, the press conference in Vegas, and another in New York a few days later.  Now all of that may disrupt 2 weeks of training (doubtful about 3 weeks) -- but let's not pretend the UFC was asking all of the fighters to come in just for a 30 minute commercial.  That's an attempt to downplay the money, effort, and preperation the UFC had already put into this entire press tour.  

He said "I don't know why everything always has to be in Vegas.  This isn't a Vegas sport, it's a worldwide sport" -- true, but the event is for the opening of a brand new arena in Las Vegas.

He said "I can't think of 1 single MMA fan that doesn't want to see this fight " (meaning Conor vs Nate rematch).  I'm one -- so are many other people that I talk to.  I could care less about them fighting again.  I do want to see Conor fight again, but I want to see him defend that belt, not fight in a weight class he has zero future in.

He says "Conor needs to prepare to fight the bigger, longer guy".  Knock it off with this Nate is so big bullshit.  They are damn near the same size.  Nate is slightly bigger and taller, but not by much.  This "going up 2 weight classes" is bullshit.  If you want to make that claim, then have him fight an actual welterweight, not a lightweight who isn't cutting.

Bottom line is, Conor tried to skirt a responsibility. He isn't paid only to fight.  He's paid to help sell tickets to the fight. He does this better than anyone, for sure.  And that's great bargaining power for his next contract.  But you can't just retroactively become entitled to special behavior based on good performance.  Often times that is given as a reward, but you aren't entitled to it.

Uncle Frank said you’ve been a bad boy Connor!

I dislike the UFC and some things they do as much as anybody, but you sign up to fight and promote, so you do both or you don't fight.

Fuck Conor McGregor Phone Post 3.0

Ryann Von Doom - Its more than the media obligations that none of them get paid for... The fighters need someone standing up to zuffa. I'm glad there's a stand off now and its conor doing it. If ronda joined him and a few others at the top, there'd be real chance for change.

But the forum seems to be swinging back into zuffa's favor. Phone Post 3.0

It always does.

Do you realize how many paid posters there are on this board?

All over the place (over the many years - they have amassed a large number of posting names from different time periods).

That, coupled with the influence they have on the owners here... this place is pretty much UFC (and Dana White) central.

Now that this saga has a definite answer (not fighting on 200) I really hope that UFC and McGregor can settle their differences because it seems UFC was set on sticking it to Connor a little more by saying he won't be on the MSG card.

If Edgar wins a McGregor vs Edgar main event for the MSG Card/first ever in NYC is golden.

But it looks like UFC is going to try and compensate for the post 200 cards and gave him on 201 or 202 - considering all the names on the 199/200 cards and how they want to stack MSG/205 the cards between 200-205 definitely will be lacking. Phone Post 3.0

Hopefully we can now move past this Nate Diaz rematch obsession, and Conor get back to the business of defending that belt

Morgz -

Kavanaugh said several things in that intetview that didn't completely make sense.

He said "all the other fighters on the card just have to go right down the street to the media commitment, Conor has to fly all the way from Iceland (nevermind the fact that Joanna is from Poland, Claudia, Jose, and Nunes are from Brazil, etc).

He said "This will disrupt the begining cycle of a 12 week fight camp.  He will lose 2-3 weeks of camp,  and all for a 30 minute comercial."  Well, if it's "just for a 30 minute commerical" seems like it would ruin maybe a week, tops.  Truthfully though, it isn't all for a 30 minute commrecial.  It was for 3-4 days of press, a commerical shoot, the press conference in Vegas, and another in New York a few days later.  Now all of that may disrupt 2 weeks of training (doubtful about 3 weeks) -- but let's not pretend the UFC was asking all of the fighters to come in just for a 30 minute commercial.  That's an attempt to downplay the money, effort, and preperation the UFC had already put into this entire press tour.  

He said "I don't know why everything always has to be in Vegas.  This isn't a Vegas sport, it's a worldwide sport" -- true, but the event is for the opening of a brand new arena in Las Vegas.

He said "I can't think of 1 single MMA fan that doesn't want to see this fight " (meaning Conor vs Nate rematch).  I'm one -- so are many other people that I talk to.  I could care less about them fighting again.  I do want to see Conor fight again, but I want to see him defend that belt, not fight in a weight class he has zero future in.

He says "Conor needs to prepare to fight the bigger, longer guy".  Knock it off with this Nate is so big bullshit.  They are damn near the same size.  Nate is slightly bigger and taller, but not by much.  This "going up 2 weight classes" is bullshit.  If you want to make that claim, then have him fight an actual welterweight, not a lightweight who isn't cutting.

Bottom line is, Conor tried to skirt a responsibility. He isn't paid only to fight.  He's paid to help sell tickets to the fight. He does this better than anyone, for sure.  And that's great bargaining power for his next contract.  But you can't just retroactively become entitled to special behavior based on good performance.  Often times that is given as a reward, but you aren't entitled to it.

Do you know for sure that JJ and the others were training in their homeland? Phone Post 3.0