Ken Pavia turned down Hieron/Zaromskis fight

"internet nerds are more knowledgable than the casual softcores, you win against Riggs then what?. You win against a DREAM champ and a GP winner, it's something else"

You win against Riggs you get a title shot. You lose against Zaromskis  you get nothing. If the fight's not for the title, there's not much point in taking the one you perceive to be a more dangerous matchup.

Again, why is Hieron not getting the title shot he was already supposed to get? He's not injured and they apparently didn't even want Zarom getting a title shot if they wanted to put him against Jay.

orcus -  "internet nerds are more knowledgable than the casual softcores, you win against Riggs then what?. You win against a DREAM champ and a GP winner, it's something else"

You win against Riggs you get a title shot. You lose against Zaromskis  you get nothing. If the fight's not for the title, there's not much point in taking the one you perceive to be a more dangerous matchup.

Again, why is Hieron not getting the title shot he was already supposed to get? He's not injured and they apparently didn't even want Zarom getting a title shot if they wanted to put him against Jay.

they probably wanted to capitalize on the riggs/diaz 2 money first and have that for the belt.

LOL @ the OP and his trolling headline.  Is that the type of quality we can expect from a  well known and respected company like MMArising?  /sarcasm

There a lot of factors that go into choosing a fight/opponent.  You have to consider rankings, title shots, tv cards, where it puts you if you lose, styles, leverage for future contracts if yours is ending, etc.  Oh wait, the experts on this thread already know that dont they?  Let me give you guys one little piece of info before you keep flaming someones manager (whether it be Ken P, Ed Soares, anyone).

In the end, THE FIGHTER HAS THE ULTIMATE SAY SO ON WHO HE FIGHTS. 

PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orcus -  "internet nerds are more knowledgable than the casual softcores, you win against Riggs then what?. You win against a DREAM champ and a GP winner, it's something else"

Except that the Zaromskis fight was at the least supposed to be a number one contenders fight.

www.blitzcorner.com/MMA/Scott-Coker-talks-about-Herschel-Walker-Jay-Hieron-and-More

orcus -  

You win against Riggs you get a title shot. You lose against Zaromskis  you get nothing.

you win against Riggs you get a title shot and some respect. You win against Zaromskis you get a title shot and a LOT of respect

TOWE - LOL @ the OP and his trolling headline.  Is that the type of quality we can expect from a  well known and respected company like MMArising?  /sarcasm

It's a good thing that you actually read the post and all, since it links to comments from Ariel Helwani and has nothing to do with me. Ariel said that Ken turned the fight down. If you want to complain about that, take it up with Ariel...

MMARising - 
TOWE - LOL @ the OP and his trolling headline.  Is that the type of quality we can expect from a  well known and respected company like MMArising?  /sarcasm

It's a good thing that you actually read the post and all, since it links to comments from Ariel Helwani and has nothing to do with me. Ariel said that Ken turned the fight down. If you want to complain about that, take it up with Ariel...
Ariel is fine my book, we all respect him and love when he stops in the gym!  He didnt make the lame thread title, you did...

You knew what type of responses your thread title would provoke.

You're a troll, nothing more/nothing less...

From: MMARising Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Posted: 6 minutes ago

MMARising.com, Owner

People were blasting Strikeforce for seemingly passing Hieron over for the title shot, but the reality was that they hadn't done anything wrong and had offered him a solid fight against Zaromskis. It's only fair that, after they took abuse for something that they didn't do, the other side of the story is told as well.

Regarding the thread title, that was the third one that I tried. The first two were too long and got cut off. Sorry if the current one isn't good enough for your liking. You can continue bashing me if it makes you feel better.

Pink Bunkadoo - Was it actually confirmed that it would not have been a title fight? Maybe it would have been.

According to Ariel, Scott Coker didn't specify whether it would be a title fight or not. Hieron was offered a fight with Zaromskis, but Ken Pavia (and presumably Jay) turned it down. Pavia then confirmed that with Ariel.

Haole - The thread title is a neutrally worded fact, how is it leading? 

Don't worry about it. He doesn't even care about this anyway. He's mad because of posts that I made regarding Strikeforce and AKA (where he trains or works or something) weeks ago. He's just looking to pick a fight and he can continue saying whatever he wants. I really don't care. It's funny that he even commented at all on this, though, since the entire thread is meant to vindicate Strikeforce from any wrongdoing.

War Zaromskis! I would of loved to of seen Zarmonskis vs Hieron. Will Hieron accept the fight when The Whitemare beats Diaz?

The bottom line is jay had a chance to step up in competition, get some good exposure(which he desperately needs), and prove himself, he chose not to.

turning down the Zaromskis fight reflects Pavia's competency as an agent