Ken Pavia turned down Hieron/Zaromskis fight

Strikeforce WW's are not that bad:
Diaz, Hieron, Marius, Galvao, Woodley, Riggs, Apple, Voelker... and possibly Mach and Shields if Diaz is not the WW champ.

I doubt KP did this w/o input from Jay.

Cindy

RyannVonDoom -  LOL @ this news.. Heiron didn't want to get knocked the fuck out like High.

Hieron did worse to High...

Ken... why not post the story instead of one lines of nothing

Why was the fight turned down? Why was Riggs accepted?

Money issues? Was Zaromskis not offered as a title fight? Is he settling for Riggs? How does Jay feel about the situation?

We've been lambasting Strikeforce for giving him Riggs on the prelims. Please give us some details

Card - http://mmajunkie.com/news/17467/ever-patient-title-hopeful-jay-hieron-content-with-joe-riggs-strikeforce-miami-bout.mma

While Strikeforce officials talked to Hieron about a potential Zaromskis fight (apparently before he was booked to fight Diaz), Hieron ultimately passed on the bout because he worried the opponent has little name recognition in the U.S..

The funny thing about this is Zaromskis could say the same thing about Jay.

how can Pavia turned down a fight with a DREAM champ and a sure main event spot?...it just doesn't make sense

Timmy B - If Hieron/Marius would not have been for the title, then Ken Pavia made the right move.

still if Hieron wins, he beat a DREAM champ

KenP's silence speaks volumes I believe.

KenP - 
RyannVonDoom -  LOL @ this news.. Heiron didn't want to get knocked the fuck out like High.

Hieron did worse to High...

Did Hieron have 2 other fights that night and then meet High in the finals of a tourney, uhh no.

Zaromskis > Hieron

The Pav's decisions on when to comment and when not to comment are very interesting. I have noticed one pattern, though.

He'll go back and forth for hours in defense of himself (as evidenced in the Dale Hartt and Mike Cies sagas). However, you barely hear a peep when one of his stable is essentially being called a chicken (Hieron) or a fight-thrower (Salmon). Strange.

trying to figure out who exactly did worse to High.  Damn both those were bad.

it lead me to believe that Pav doesn't know who Zaromskis is, which a LOL if you're a MMA agent.

He's not an MMA agent, he's a MMAgent.

I don't see the big deal. He turned down a dangerous non-title fight against a guy no one has heard of.

Kind of telling that Strikeforce has no problem giving Hieron Zaromskis in a non-title fight, and no problem giving Zaromskis a title shot against Diaz, but won't give Hieron a title shot. I guess they're terrified Jay will outwrestle Diaz for a five-round decision win.

orcus -  I don't see the big deal. He turned down a dangerous non-title fight against a guy no one has heard of.

Kind of telling that Strikeforce has no problem giving Hieron Zaromskis in a non-title fight, and no problem giving Zaromskis a title shot against Diaz, but won't give Hieron a title shot. I guess they're terrified Jay will outwrestle Diaz for a five-round decision win.

credibilty wise. winning against Zarosmskis gives you a great win in your resume than Riggs

orcus -  I don't see the big deal. He turned down a dangerous non-title fight against a guy no one has heard of.

Zaromskis is on everyones top ten and Jay's current fight wont be on the broadcast.

The 300K people who watch SF on Showtime probably know who he is.

"credibilty wise. winning against Zarosmskis gives you a great win in your resume than Riggs"

Credibility to whom? The internet nerds who have heard of him?

Why will Strikeforce let Hieron fight Zarosmskis, and let Zarom fight Diaz, but won't let Hieron fight Diaz? Especially when Jay was already supposed to fight Diaz back in August or whenever that was?

orcus -  "credibilty wise. winning against Zarosmskis gives you a great win in your resume than Riggs"

Credibility to whom? The internet nerds who have heard of him?

Why will Strikeforce let Hieron fight Zarosmskis, and let Zarom fight Diaz, but won't let Hieron fight Diaz? Especially when Jay was already supposed to fight Diaz back in August or whenever that was?

internet nerds are more knowledgable than the casual softcores, you win against Riggs then what?. You win against a DREAM champ and a GP winner, it's something else

Could it be possible that Pavia wanted to wait on this fight to get more footage on the whitemare in the cage?

I know Zaromiskis has fought in the cage before, but the top of his competition has been in the ring. Since he left cage rage he's only had like 20 seconds fighting in the cage. Not a conclusive amount of time to garner a game plan. If you fight Diaz you have plenty of recent cage style mma to pull from.

Also, more fans know who diaz is than Zarmiskis. This probably factored in as well. Both Z and Diaz are credible opponents, who in my opinion, have the edge over Hieron

MakeMeBleed - 
Fenix - 
PatrickFreitas - 
endochokedme - ttt for all the people claiming Heiron is getting screwed by Strikeforce

Still getting screwed by having Walker on the main card and not Riggs/Heiron.

well if he was fighting the Whitemare he would be televised for sure. poor business move for sure

Having walker fight on a televised main card is screwing the fans. I don't even think mainstream fans want to see a 47 year old football player try his hand. It was different with tuf, because those guys have some years left. This is going to be a sloppy fight that causes us to miss a good ww fight. Oh well, if one fight ends really quick, we might still get it. I don't know if sf does that at all.