Kettlebells bitch!!!

GaspareBJJ - 
JamesDean57 - Joe Rogan's K-Bell Work out.

Swings x 12
Renegade Rows x 10ea
1 Arm Clean x 10ea
1 Arm Snatch x 10ea
2 Arm Alternating Clean x 10ea
2 Arm Clean & Press x 10ea
Club Bell Sheild Cast Swing x 15ea
Over Head Squat x 15
Turkish Get Up x 10ea
K/Bell Arm Bar x 10ea
Towel Pull Ups x 5

(K/Bell Arm Bar) Lay on right side with right arm straight above head, left knee on floor in front of you,
left hand & k/bell straight up towards ceilling, twist left shoulder towards front till you feel a stretch
How many "sets" of these does he do? Phone Post 3.0

I really don't know, I guess it would be up to you.

JamesDean57 -
GaspareBJJ - 

Swings x 12
Renegade Rows x 10ea
1 Arm Clean x 10ea
1 Arm Snatch x 10ea
Over Head Squat x 15
Turkish Get Up x 10ea
K/Bell Arm Bar x 10ea
Towel Pull Ups x 5

(K/Bell Arm Bar) Lay on right side with right arm straight above head, left knee on floor in front of you,
left hand & k/bell straight up towards ceilling, twist left shoulder towards front till you feel a stretch

I just wanted to see if I could be on Rogans level. Phone Post 3.0

GaspareBJJ - 
JamesDean57 -
GaspareBJJ - 

Swings x 12
Renegade Rows x 10ea
1 Arm Clean x 10ea
1 Arm Snatch x 10ea
Over Head Squat x 15
Turkish Get Up x 10ea
K/Bell Arm Bar x 10ea
Towel Pull Ups x 5

I just wanted to see if I could be on Rogans level. Phone Post 3.0

I got it from Men's Health mag a couple of years ago.

Tried searching for it but could not find.

I think he sells it now on a work out DVD.

. Phone Post

Chris Leben is a Zombie - Can you get bulky with kettlebells? Or does it mainly only build lean muscle? Phone Post 3.0
You can you jus need to use heavy enough kettlebells!! Doing deadlifts and rows. Phone Post 3.0

Chris Leben is a Zombie - Can you get bulky with kettlebells? Or does it mainly only build lean muscle? Phone Post 3.0
Steve cotter is Huge and ripped and I'm pretty sure that's mainly all he deals with!! Phone Post 3.0

There is no difference between "bulky" muscle and "lean" muscle.

Kettlebells have both a greater technical requirement and uneven leverages that will make them inferior for building muscle over a more balanced implement, particularly in the torso of the body, although an argument could be made for increasing benefits to the muscles as they insert closer to the hand (per pound of weight lifted, that is).

Cotter does a considerable amount of non-kettlebell work, and on his most recent DVD set states that for the development of strength it is required that you perform bar lifts to supplement your kettlebell work.

Im a beginner to kettlebells and want to pick up one for my living room...what would you recomend a 35lber? What about a first pair of kettlebells...what lbs. fopr a pair?

I started with a one pood kb (16 kilos) so about 35 pounds. A few months into it I purchased another one. I still only have those two.

P.S. Vermonter is right; even Maxwell and Mike Mahler all speak about barbell work extensively.

Thanks Arthur I will go that route...start with a 35lber and when I feel comfortable after a while I'll get a second 35lber

Steve Maxwell has some great kettle bell routines. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post

SolomonGrundy - Steve Maxwell has some great kettle bell routines. Phone Post 3.0

he's got some great....everything. lol the guy is a kook but very, VERY intelligent

Well I picked up a 35lber and followed along with some youtube vids in my frontroom and my forearms took a beating! lol but by the end of the workout I learned how to cut the bell off and not let it slam into my forearms, good purchase and lots to learn!

Looks like a decent beginner vid to me. Though, I'd throw in some front or over head squats/lunges in there somewhere along with some "cardio" to round it all out.

Steve Maxwell has some great workouts... the 300 kb challenge is a mofo. He ha alot of follow along workouts, great stuff. It goes hand in hand with BJJ.

Any tips on doing cleans with the KB. I can do it perfectly with my right arm (stronger side), but I can't seem to do it well with my left side. The right side is one smooth motion. The left side always has the KB flopping too far out and striking my forearms. Any little adjustments could be appreciated.

GaspareBJJ - I like Steve Maxwell stuff or the Art of Strength brand Phone Post 3.0

I have the Spartan 300 kettlebell challenge. But it gets advanced pretty fast. Any good beginner's routine? I just got a 30 pounder and a 20kger.

Liyon - Any tips on doing cleans with the KB. I can do it perfectly with my right arm (stronger side), but I can't seem to do it well with my left side. The right side is one smooth motion. The left side always has the KB flopping too far out and striking my forearms. Any little adjustments could be appreciated.

I don't like cotter's approach to the swing. Check out mike mahler's variation. Thumb facing back and he illustrates the hip drive as a football hike.

I am a fan of the following (5x5):

http://www.mikemahler.com/online-library/articles/kettlebell-training/five-by-five-kettlebells-for-size-and-strength.html