Kevin Lee vs. Daniel Rodriguez

So satisfying seeing Kevin Lee lose, unlikeable person to say the least

9 Likes

Fucking judges worry me but they got it right

Wow. On two weeks.

Politics aside. He went into the cage with staph.

Alright

Kevin is really stuck. He’s too big for 155 and too small for 170. He isn’t going to overpower and dominate guys at 170. This has to be very disappointing for him

Good win for Daniel though

2 Likes

I thought Lee did enough to win that personally. That said I didn’t watch very intently

Yeah, D Rod looked soft but he won! I’m pumped

You must have missed the second and third rounds.

1 Like

Haha fair enough. Got bored. Started cleaning shit round the house

His personality mainly, sore loser aswell

Great fight. Hate Lee’s guts.

1 Like

He’s not as big as Khabib. He’s not too big for 55. He only has one problem and it can’t be fixed. He’s a mental midge. Look at how hard he tries to convince himself and everyone else that he’s committed, ready this time, all in, finally feeling right, etc. He’s full of shit and clearly has no idea who he is or what he wants to do.

3 Likes

Card this is the first time I’ve noticed you pick an underdog. I’m sure you do it all the time but I never noticed one before. Nice call

2 Likes

Not necessarily the most impressive performance but Kevin is obviously improving both physically and mentally. He built a lot of mass to fill out at 170 so he has to address his endurance problem there. However I thought he looked better than he ever has, yet unrefined. He is fixing a lot of his old negative tendencies. He’s not backing straight up as much against the cage, his footwork and reaction under pressure is better.

For long periods of time he would allow himself to be backed up and essentially pieced up, which did happen tonight, but there were a lot of instances where they would exchange and he would reset, taking the center and pressuring forward. He also had a nice snapping jab tonight and although Daniel made it all but completely ineffective, Lee was using his jab to set up his other attacks. Defensively he also looked better. He did a better job of slipping, rolling, blocking, and just moving in general.

Overall I think his game has improved a lot, but he has yet to find exactly who he is in there. He has a lot of skills but is still working on blending them all together to become a complete fighter.

3 Likes

Maybe because he’s always been deluded and not in an entertaining way… just annoying.

Unless you’re entertained by his delusion leading to his inevitable downfall, and then you can like the whole process

Fuck. Kevin lee such a disappointment. Was rooting hard for my fellow detroiter

He will always have an endurance problem imo because he is anxious and emotional and uses a lot of power/strength when he grapples.

He’s showing minor improvements on the feet . I think 170 will be very difficult for him . His bread and butter (strong wrestling and bjj) is not working anymore . Daniel was able to defend rather easily tonight

Lee showed massive potential at 155 though. Then Iaquinta exposed a big weakness

I don’t have a problem with him. Great athlete. All time great highlight reel ko against Gregor. I would like to see him do better but maybe it’s mental reasons he doesn’t

1 Like