Khabib Believes MMA Is " Declining "

Oliveira will get destroyed, and in what world is an athlete retired 2 years ago and is not accepting challenges running away? He wouldn’t fight Floyd for 100 million and you think he gives a shit about some bum with more losses than Khabib has taken clean punches? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Think you’re talking about Conor who is still pretending to be a fighter but knows if he comes back he’ll get his ass kicked again.

Exactly. Plenty of stars in the UFC now and there’s more shows than ever between UFC and other promotions

1 Like

This. The overall skill level among fighters is higher, but the average skill level is still low in any given discipline (BJJ, boxing, wrestling, etc.), and lower than the peaks of individual standout fighters in years past.

1 Like

LOL Gramps

Khabib: ‘I Don’t Wake Up Early For Fights Anymore’

During a recent sit-down interview with UFC Russia, Khabib noted that “the flame” inside of him has somewhat gone out in regards to MMA. He also suggested that the sport of mixed martial arts has been declining in recent times.

The former champion later cited the decreasing frequency with which he wakes up to catch UFC events as evidence. After noting that he rarely tunes in live, “The Eagle” did list a few bouts he set the alarm for, starting with one of his fellow Dominance MMA-managed figures.

“I don’t wake up early to watch fights anymore. Kamaru Usman, I was very interested in his fight. I don’t know why, but I really wanted him to beat that record,” Khabib said. “I wanted him to beat Anderson Silva’s record. Perhaps it’s because I have good relations with him. I wanted him to beat that record really badly. But what happened happened.”

“Other than that, I don’t wake up for those fights. I woke up for Usman’s fight. When you want to watch it, you wake up for it,” Khabib added.

Unfortunately for the Russian, Leon Edwards made it a rough morning for him by knocking Usman out late in the fifth round of the UFC 278 headliner.

As well as the two welterweights’ rematch in August, Khabib also made sure to catch another pair of title fights earlier in the year, one of which he had a national interest in.

“Other than that, I think I woke up for 1 or 2 fights this year. What were some good fights? This year, wasn’t it (Francis) Ngannou vs. (Ciryl) Gane? I woke up for that one,” Khabib confirmed. “There was another, Petr Yan. Petr Yan vs. (Aljamain) Sterling. I couldn’t have missed it. I was really interested in it.”

Once again, Khabib likely saw the fighter he was backing fall to defeat at UFC 273, with fellow Russian Yan getting outpointed across five rounds by bantamweight champion Sterling. Hopefully he was on the side of Ngannou, who defeated Gane on the scorecards at UFC 270 in January, to avoid an 0-3 support skid for the fights he awoke for.

Khabib did note that he’d have risen early to catch the UFC Vegas 57 main event between rising lightweight contenders Mateusz Gamrot and Arman Tsarukyan in June, but he was fortunate enough to be on US soil and inside the Apex for the memorable five-rounder.

“Mateusz Gamrot vs. Arman Tsarukyan. I would’ve woken up for it, but I watched it live. I would’ve definitely woken up for it. I was fortunate enough to watch it live,” Khabib said.

2 Likes

I think MMA is as popular as its gonna get. When Connor was doing his thing was its peak imo

1 Like

well… atleast atleast conor isnt pussy and is fighting everyone while being drug addict and past his prime asalam aleykum

houston rockets smile GIF by NBA

A GOAT like GSP didnt had any problems coming from retirement moving up weight class, being past his prime and fighting a middleweight xD tell me more about how good kebab was

Ofc he wont need money, he is all about legacy, legacy build on cans

1 Like

I disagree with Khabib

1 Like

It was already heading into its first decline around the time Khabib arrived in the UFC. That was the point where Brock was gone, GSP was about to retire, Andersons run was about to come to an end etc. Then things spiked again in late 2015 through 2016 because of Conor, Ronda and UFC 200. Then things fell off again for a few years (excluding Conor/Khabib) then picked up slightly in 2019-21 with Jorge blowing up and the UFCs quick response to Covid and Conor being more active. 2022 has been a relatively quiet year.

Basically, it has its ups and downs and in betweens. Personally i’ll never be as invested as I was in like 2005-2011 though.

lol he poached a blind Bisping (weakest champ in MW history) and even admitted to winning by attacking his blind side, then fled the division by citing diverticulitis just like he fled in his prime when Hendricks beat that ass, and wouldn’t fight Silva no matter how much money they UFC threw at him.

Khabib lives in the mountains, group bathes with other men and wraps his wife’s hairy face in a scarf. His fucked up opinions are completely worthless.

2 Likes

Yeah the most dominant fighter ever who coaches the best team ever has a worthless opinion but we should listen to you? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Do UFC on Battleship in the middle of the ocean… with NHB rules

2 Likes

well then it shouldn’t be to difficult for him to beat Charles and the others he ducked by retiring early.

I would agree.

We are not in an “era” right now.

Early Days

Tito-Randy-Chuck

Brock/GSP/Silva (member those days?!)

Conor (and he was more of a celebrity thing great fighter too tho)

Now who is there?

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Aspen Ladd era!”

1 Like

This is #1 bullshit brother

1 Like