Khabib live reaction to Yan and O'malley decision

O’Malley is a good fighter and looked halfway decent even though he got spanked and lost 30-27 on Merridew Card Inc.

It would have been better for him and his career if he had lost this fight because now all the attention is on Yan getting robbed, rather than O’Malley proving he’s legit against the best fighter in the division (until Umar)

This move by the UFC backfired. It blew up too big and dropped O’Malley’s stock with the public when it shouldn’t have had much of an impact.

3 Likes

It’s the worst decision I’ve seen in recent memory

1 Like

Lmao…i love this fight has everyones panties in a bunch…immediately at the bell i called a split…it was a close fuckin fight

2 Likes

Every time O’Malley shook Yan, Yan retaliated and shook O’Malley. I think it was the 2nd where he shook him and got the TD right after. Each fighter had their moments during the standup but you cant get taken down that many times and controlled for 1/3rd of the fight and win without doing something spectacular and he didnt do anyrhing spectacular.

It was. I think what is ruffling feathers is - we are used to a decade of wrestling being the decider on the scorecards.

i dont think fans like it, I think we all prefer to see damage and significant striking shots but wrestling has always dominated. This time it didnt and it was fukin weird

2 Likes

Sean did more damage in my eyes. I think the hate for O’Malley is clouding some people’s judgement.

7 Likes

He really impressed me. Did much better than I expected

3 Likes

Guess its time for a beer and a rewatch…ive never fuckin done this…

3 Likes

shit i might rewatch too

2 Likes

I’ve rewatched it twice. Once on Sunday and again this morning. Both times I give Yan all 3 rounds lol and I promise you it’s not me being biased

I wanted Lyoto machida to beat shogun Rua so badly but even I of course scored the fight for shogun. I am not as biased as some of you make me out to be lol

Number 1 judging criteria is Damage. If however the duration and domination are overwhelming in a round and there is no or little damage, then those two criteria are the deciding factor. If both damage equally then you move to the other two. This has been discussed for all that care to listen by John McCarthy on his Podcast many times. In no way is this a robber. A close fight, yes. Robbery, no.

2 Likes

I dunno bro you keep saying he beat Aljo in the second fight too

1 Like

That fight was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen and I’ve been watching MMA since 2006. I don’t care what anyone says. That was very bad

Yeah same for me. I was vocal on here about Sean not being ready to fight a guy of Yan’s caliber. I am a fan of both guys. He dealt with the pressure of Yan well and was able to land a lot of clean counters.

2 Likes

I gave him rounds 1 4 & 5. So did Dana white and many others such as Best Fight Picks Dan

Shut The Fuck Up Veep Season 6 GIF by Veep HBO

2 Likes

You just took a big hit of copium I see…bear with it bro

1 Like

I thought Yan won 3-4-5 that fight

From what i remember