Khabib Nurmagomedov challenger #2?! WTF?!

If y'all are being honest, he doesn't deserve to be 22-0. He should have lost to Tibau. All he did was windmill his arms, clinch up, surrounding got hit harder occasionally, and was taken down once or twice. Khabib failed on all of his many td's. That's losing a fight. But at the time official judges were more ignorant about aggression and cage control. Now they seem to know more that for aggression you need to actually land strikes when you're coming forward, and if you're the one failing at td's you're actually losing cage control. It says so expressly in the rules. The media judges recognized it better, given almost all of them scored that fight for Tibau, and like half 30-27.

But if y'all also being honest, Khabib comfortably beat (not dominated, like fan's typical hyperbole) RDA, who is the #3 that beat Bendo and Cerrone, too. And it wasn't that long ago, like 10 months. But it's out of sight for a bit out of mind for fickle MMA fans. That win is still highly relevant. From a linear perspective, it's what could easily buoy Khabib to #2 in the rankings. It's a tenuous #2 because it's really his only good, legit win. But as deep as LW is, it's not exactly rich with decisive contenders. Aside from the top guy, pretty much everybody is beating everybody. So what you gonna do.

Hey, speaking of that top guy, Pettis will destroy Khabib. People who say otherwise are buying into the hipster thing that Russians will win every fight now, see Khabib as a troll idol, or just won't let Pettis' octagon debut reffed by Mazzaggatti over 3 rounds in the TUF cage go.

touch -
Media Monster - 
touch -

Why are him and Koscheck about to hold hands? Phone Post 3.0

Nevermind.

Is that Urijah Rockhold next to Khabib in the footlocker shirt? Phone Post 3.0

Shepherd Wong - 
touch -
Media Monster - 
touch -

Why are him and Koscheck about to hold hands? Phone Post 3.0

Nevermind.

Is that Urijah Rockhold next to Khabib in the footlocker shirt? Phone Post 3.0

Yuri Rockholdov.

So IF RDA beats Pettis, Khabib becomes the champ by virtue of beating RDA already?

lol.

War Cowboy!!!

iwatchsomemma - So IF RDA beats Pettis, Khabib becomes the champ by virtue of beating RDA already?

lol.

War Cowboy!!!

Ah, the ol' slippery slope argument. Obviously there would be a point where RDA's subsequent accomplishments would trump Khabib winning head to head. I'd say beating a dynamo like Pettis, Bendo, Nate, and previously Cerrone would put RDA beyond that point. But until then, Khabib > RDA. That fight was a whole 10 months ago. That's not much time to improve, and we see that a lot as a layoff these days.

^Don't get me wrong.

I believe Pettis will take care of RDA and Khabib if and when the time comes.

Pettis has that broom and will use it.

MMA_newbie - How the f*k is Khabib Nurmagomedov #2?

He hasn't fought since decade, been injured like forever. These UFC stats are such a b
***hit.
Borat... Is that you?

Relax. Khabib is not from Uzbekistan. Phone Post 3.0

The judges for the decision correct in the Tibau fight. I don't know why people argue otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

AlbertEinstein - Did you guys know Khabib of a Muslim? That means he wants to cut all your heads off! This guy has the same exact style as Fitch who everyone hated. The only reason people like him on here is because of liberal Muslim apologists. Prove me wrong. Phone Post 3.0
Pretty sure he has the same exact hype Jon Fitch had prior to his fight with GSP. After he lost he suddenly became "boring" and a "blanket". People are hypocrites. Phone Post 3.0

AlbertEinstein - The judges for the decision correct in the Tibau fight. I don't know why people argue otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

I explained it to you. But to reiterate:

- First criteria is effective striking, and what determines effect is their impact overall. Overall, Tibau landed somewhat more impactful blows because he was actually committing to them. Khabib was just throwing punches as a means to distract and clinch up. He was apparently scared of Tibau the way he was fighting. According to Fight Metric, Tibau also landed more strikes. As many or more sig strikes each round, and 13 more total strikes. So somewhat of an advantage for Tibau here.

- Second criteria is effective grappling, which only includes td's of what they tried to do. Khabib was 0-13, Tibau 1-6. Tibau wins marginally at least there too.

- Third criteria is cage control, and the one who wins that is the one which dictates the position of the bout. That was Tibau. This from the rules' page itself: Examples of factors to consider are "countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing". Khabib was trying to take the fight to the ground much more, and failing more, as aforementioned. Tibau easily wins there.

- Aggression really wasn't applicable because it constitutes coming forward and landing strikes, which Khabib wasn't really doing. Just windmilling and missing to distract. I guess if anyone wins there it's Khabib, but not by much because of how much he was missing, and anyways that was the 4th criteria.

Tibau wins, comfortably.

And like I said almost all the media interpreted the rules correctly at the time of the fight:

MMAJunkie.com 29-28 Nurmagomedov
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-30 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Shaun Al-Shatti
MMAFighting.com 27-30 Tibau
MMAWeekly.com 27-30 Tibau

That's why people argue otherwise than Khabib winning. He didn't win. 21-1 is the troof. Still a good record. But not the nearly unbeatable bad ass that many want to pretend.

Catlin - Because he more than likely kills anybody not named Anthony Pettis.

Who cares about rankings anyway? It will sort itself out when people fight.
Smartest post about ratings I've ever read on here. Phone Post 3.0

FixedPartialArts - 
AlbertEinstein - The judges for the decision correct in the Tibau fight. I don't know why people argue otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

- First criteria is effective striking, and what determines effect is their impact overall. Overall, Tibau landed somewhat more impactful blows because he was actually committing to them. Khabib was just throwing punches as a means to distract and clinch up. He was apparently scared of Tibau the way he was fighting. According to Fight Metric, Tibau also landed more strikes. As many or more sig strikes each round, and 13 more total strikes. So somewhat of an advantage for Tibau here.

- Second criteria is effective grappling, which only includes td's of what they tried to do. Khabib was 0-13, Tibau 1-6. Tibau wins marginally at least there too.

- Third criteria is cage control, and the one who wins that is the one which dictates the position of the bout. That was Tibau. This from the rules' page itself: Examples of factors to consider are "countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing". Khabib was trying to take the fight to the ground much more, and failing more, as aforementioned. Tibau easily wins there.

- Aggression really wasn't applicable because it constitutes coming forward and landing strikes, which Khabib wasn't really doing. Just windmilling and missing to distract. I guess if anyone wins there it's Khabib, but not by much because of how much he was missing, and anyways that was the 4th criteria.

Tibau wins, comfortably.

And like I said almost all the media interpreted the rules correctly at the time of the fight:

Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-30 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Shaun Al-Shatti

That's why people argue otherwise than Khabib winning. He didn't win. 21-1 is the troof. Still a good record. But not the nearly unbeatable bad ass that many want to pretend.

So Tibau wins by being controlled for the whole fight? 30-27 is a joke lmao.

Khabib clearly won that fight 30-27.

MMA_newbie -
Catlin - Because he more than likely kills anybody not named Anthony Pettis.

Who cares about rankings anyway? It will sort itself out when people fight.

he has fought nobodys in the ufc. michael johnson would smash him easy, let alone AP (Anthony Pettittss).
RDA Phone Post 3.0

CRE - 22-0

quality wins

He beat RDA and that is impressive. But the rest of his wins aren't really all that special. Cerrone should be #2 if not #1. Khabib hasn't fought in a year. Phone Post 3.0

Brabatross -
FixedPartialArts - 

Tibau wins, comfortably.

Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-30 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Shaun Al-Shatti

Holding someone against the cage failing to get takedowns is hardly control. He did fuck all to win that fight. Phone Post 3.0

Im a big fan of Khabib. Just hated all the shit talking he did during this injury. Talking like everyone is ducking him when he cant even fight Phone Post 3.0

Khabib is a classic wrestler point fighter. Take downs for the sake of judges score cards not change where the fight is happening so he could gnp or sub.
Not sure what's impressive about spamming takedowns when minimal is accomplished from them. Phone Post 3.0

Brabatross - 
FixedPartialArts - 

Tibau wins, comfortably.

Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-30 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Shaun Al-Shatti

You're being really obtuse. I explained and you completely ignored it that according to the rules, and logic really, holding a guy standing doesn't constitute control. Quite the opposite. You're failing miserably at your primary objective to take the guy down and going against the spirit of a fight. The one keeping the fight on the feet, and actually trying to engage, wins.

Floyd'sPeehole - Im a big fan of Khabib. Just hated all the shit talking he did during this injury. Talking like everyone is ducking him when he cant even fight Phone Post 3.0

+1 (outside the fan part)

And think how he would have reacted if he were in Johnson's or Cerrone's position, and they turned down those fights for whatever reasons he did (Ramadan, lower-ranked, etc. He'd have went nuts and accused them of being "scary" of him.

He acts like the world revolves around him, bitches/manipulates if other fighters don't do exactly what he wants, and he's oddly revered by many for it. During Pettis' layoff he was complaining that he was holding up the division, then when he himself got injured and Pettis was considering his next move as champ, Khabib wanted him to wait a couple months until he was possibly healthy, otherwise he was "scary". I wonder if UFC offers Khabib next title shot during Ramadan because that's on Pettis' schedule, and Khabib turns it down, if then he ironically accuses them and Pettis of being scary again.