Khabib Nurmagomedov challenger #2?! WTF?!

He has 6 fights in the UFC, other then the Tibau fight which was close, he KOed Tavares brutally, RNCed Shalorus and dominated the rest.

FixedPartialArts -
Brabatross - 
FixedPartialArts - 
AlbertEinstein - The judges for the decision correct in the Tibau fight. I don't know why people argue otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

I explained it to you. But to reiterate:

- First criteria is effective striking, and what determines effect is their impact overall. Overall, Tibau landed somewhat more impactful blows because he was actually committing to them. Khabib was just throwing punches as a means to distract and clinch up. He was apparently scared of Tibau the way he was fighting. According to Fight Metric, Tibau also landed more strikes. As many or more sig strikes each round, and 13 more total strikes. So somewhat of an advantage for Tibau here.

- Second criteria is effective grappling, which only includes td's of what they tried to do. Khabib was 0-13, Tibau 1-6. Tibau wins marginally at least there too.

- Third criteria is cage control, and the one who wins that is the one which dictates the position of the bout. That was Tibau. This from the rules' page itself: Examples of factors to consider are "countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing". Khabib was trying to take the fight to the ground much more, and failing more, as aforementioned. Tibau easily wins there.

- Aggression really wasn't applicable because it constitutes coming forward and landing strikes, which Khabib wasn't really doing. Just windmilling and missing to distract. I guess if anyone wins there it's Khabib, but not by much because of how much he was missing, and anyways that was the 4th criteria.

Tibau wins, comfortably.

And like I said almost all the media interpreted the rules correctly at the time of the fight:

MMAJunkie.com 29-28 Nurmagomedov
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-30 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Shaun Al-Shatti
MMAFighting.com 27-30 Tibau
MMAWeekly.com 27-30 Tibau

That's why people argue otherwise than Khabib winning. He didn't win. 21-1 is the troof. Still a good record. But not the nearly unbeatable bad ass that many want to pretend.

So Tibau wins by being controlled for the whole fight? 30-27 is a joke lmao.

You're being really obtuse. I explained and you completely ignored it that according to the rules, and logic really, holding a guy standing doesn't constitute control. Quite the opposite. You're failing miserably at your primary objective to take the guy down and going against the spirit of a fight. The one keeping the fight on the feet, and actually trying to engage, wins.
Don't play dumb. You know full well defence counts for nothing in the current scoring. Judges absolutely constitute holding someone against the fence as controlling a guy. Phone Post 3.0

Yes he beat RDA, but he's held onto that win for a year now. Other than that, he's best nobody of note. He barely scraped by Gleison Tibau. Cerrone should be ranked ahead of him. So he has 1 good win, by decision in a wrestle fest, and hasn't fought in a year, yet is ranked above Cerrone who has won 7 in a row, against multiple top 10 opponents. Rrrright. Phone Post 3.0

FixedPartialArts - 
AlbertEinstein - The judges for the decision correct in the Tibau fight. I don't know why people argue otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

I explained it to you. But to reiterate:

- First criteria is effective striking, and what determines effect is their impact overall. Overall, Tibau landed somewhat more impactful blows because he was actually committing to them. Khabib was just throwing punches as a means to distract and clinch up. He was apparently scared of Tibau the way he was fighting. According to Fight Metric, Tibau also landed more strikes. As many or more sig strikes each round, and 13 more total strikes. So somewhat of an advantage for Tibau here.

- Second criteria is effective grappling, which only includes td's of what they tried to do. Khabib was 0-13, Tibau 1-6. Tibau wins marginally at least there too.

- Third criteria is cage control, and the one who wins that is the one which dictates the position of the bout. That was Tibau. This from the rules' page itself: Examples of factors to consider are "countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing". Khabib was trying to take the fight to the ground much more, and failing more, as aforementioned. Tibau easily wins there.

- Aggression really wasn't applicable because it constitutes coming forward and landing strikes, which Khabib wasn't really doing. Just windmilling and missing to distract. I guess if anyone wins there it's Khabib, but not by much because of how much he was missing, and anyways that was the 4th criteria.

Tibau wins, comfortably.

And like I said almost all the media interpreted the rules correctly at the time of the fight:

MMAJunkie.com 29-28 Nurmagomedov
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-30 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Shaun Al-Shatti
MMAFighting.com 27-30 Tibau
MMAWeekly.com 27-30 Tibau

That's why people argue otherwise than Khabib winning. He didn't win. 21-1 is the troof. Still a good record. But not the nearly unbeatable bad ass that many want to pretend.

would you stop making sense please?

and now this pearl of wisdom:

"Khabib at one point was pushed from like #7 to #1 based on all of the work RDA and Cerrone did in the division."

no matter how you spin it, that's what happened. I can't VU no more today so I owe you one.

AlbertEinstein - Did you guys know Khabib of a Muslim? That means he wants to cut all your heads off! This guy has the same exact style as Fitch who everyone hated. The only reason people like him on here is because of liberal Muslim apologists. Prove me wrong. Phone Post 3.0

I like him because he's sexy.