Khabib wasn’t that good

Exactly this. Debate how they did in terms of longevity and against their peer group.

This is where Larry Holmes suffers. I think he was one of the greatest HW’s but he had no peer group that was great during his time so he didn’t shine as bright as he might have.

Tyson’s knock is longevity IMO; his prime was short.

1 Like

I know I dont understand AttractiveSofa.

how else do you compare the two? By dick size or SAT scores?

Its by their accomplishments and who they fought and beat.

BJ was a LW and fought WW Killers half the time.

If Khabib fought the top WW’s and maybe a LHW or two he’d prob not be 29-0 either.

We could go by other things like Khabib was a 190 lbs guy cutting 35 lbs to get those wins. BJ was a true LW going up to WW fights all the time.

Khabib missed weight how many dam times? Kept the belt on hold for over a year several different times.

Khabib dipped out after 3 big wins, BJ stuck around and fought fucking killers at the end.

BJ was unmotivated at times. and Khabib sits in bath tubs full of men.

If anyone knows their dick sizes or SAT scores post em so we compare those I guess.

1 Like

This is the type of thread that keeps people from joining, they can’t believe the stupidity

You’re right. No one goes on to threads to give their opinion or argue. Let’s all agree and say nice things about each other and this place will be flooded with new users.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s because he’s stupid and he got his ass kicked.

Greatest losing streak in UFC history

Get the fuck off BJ Penns nuts. He’s the shittest fighter in UFC history.

How bow dat?

Aldo must suck because BJ finished Florian and Aldo took him to decision. Derp.

“now breeng us goat and we get da party start”

You do realize Chuck would have easily had more losses and by KO if Dana let him. Plus countless other fighters.

We get it; you hate BJ.

Bu, bu, but muh 29-0

1 Like

I don’t hate BJ. I just don’t like you BJ Penn nuthuggers who pretend he the best but forget his lengthy list of ass kickings. Which is the record for the UFC.

BJ sticking around too long is akin to Anderson winning 1 of his last 9 fights or Holyfield winning 7 of his last 17 fights, or Ali losing to Berbick. He was past his prime and continued to fight.

Do we remember Willie Mays stumbling around in centerfield for the Mets missing flyballs?

[quote=“Song2, post:199, topic:3727421, full:true”]

All the greats start to lose in the end of their careers. If Chuck, Anderson, etc., were allowed to keep fighting in the UFC like BJ was they’d all have similar experiences. When they started losing continuously in the UFC, Dana pulled the plug. He didn’t do that for BJ, likely because he harbored resentment for BJ leaving earlier in his career for K1 with the UFC WW belt.

Maybe that’s too difficult to comprehend or you’re just a hater. I’m going to go with both or the latter, considering you called a former two division champion “the shittiest fighter in UFC history” which is one of the stupidest things anyone could say.

[quote=“Ministry_of_Truth, post:201, topic:3727421, full:true”]

He lost for a decade…

[quote=“Song2, post:202, topic:3727421”]

And that’s a rebuttal to exactly what that you quoted?

BJ Penn was great and not just for Hughes or Florian. The Sherk win was amazing too in his run.

The issue isn’t his accomplishments it’s the credit being given for fighting anyone and losing. Sure it is of merit but he ultimately lost nearly all of those fights he went up in weight for.

I mean if there’s a criteria for pushing the limits and losing he’d be up there. It’s just not a point of note in a Khabib comparison. Just beggars belief that people are comparing the two greats and using ‘best loser’ as a damn criteria. I thought I’d seen it all here.

1 Like

Ben Askren is not elite. He used to be, but isn’t now for certain. His match against Jordan Burroughs shows how far down the pecking order he is now.

Did you see the interview with Ben after? It’s obvious how off of the mark he is in terms of his level.

Khabib isn’t a wrestler; he’s an MMA fighter. Would he do well in the specialty of wrestling? Hell yes. Elite? Maybe not.

1 Like