Khabib: 'We don't have big stars in MMA' because too many champions 'cry' about their position

Agree or disagree with the former lightweight king?

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ufc/khabib-nurmagomedov-big-stars-in-mma/

1 Like

Now here’s a guy that knows what he’s talking about.

6 Likes

Khabib is only a star because of Conor lol Conor made his whole career

11 Likes

True.

The fact that some people have him on the goat list is mind blowing. Lets see him defend for years and years like the real goats before even starting that conversation. He’s about as goat as conor. Got the belt and quit.

12 Likes

Well he stomped Conor and then stomped the guy, Poirier, who just stomped Conor twice.

10 Likes

Would you say that his career is as impressive as demetrious johnson, gsp and anderson silva?

5 Likes

Says the dude who can’t fight during his diet month.

3 Likes

I think he’d wreck 2 of those guys and the third is the great hype fight that will never come to be.

1 Like

I agree some of the champs in the most popular divisions can be divas.

1 Like

What you or I think doesn’t matter. Did he do any of those things? No, he didn’t do nothing to even compare to these guys that I posted.
You can’t get goat status because you think he could beat this or that guy.

6 Likes

As much as I’d agree with that close minded opinion.

You didn’t write the rules on what determines GOAT status.

In fact, I don’t believe there are any.

Would I agree the 3 you mentioned are the longest reigning champs? Absolutely

But Greatest of All Time?

As fabled as it is to truly be the never agreed upon definition of GOAT.

I think comparing who based on tools would wreck who would definitely be considered.

Food for thought.

Silva was my first favorite fighter too. So I’m just debating your process here

Yes I do. The only real argument for him not being among those names is because he lacks quantity in title defences.

But he make up for it in a crazy win streak in a more competitive division that the other three.

Not only was it a win streak but I don’t even think he ever lost a single round. To me that is insane domination.

I’m not saying he is above them but I do believe GOAT is not a single person but a level certain fighters reach.

1 Like

Khabib was already a star in our MMA bubble, pure because of his skills and accomplishments. He became a bigger star for the general public because of the exposure in the Conor fight.

This is nonsense. The amount of titledefenses should not be a factor in goat talk. Demetrious Johnson had tons of titlefights, but the titlecontenders sucked. So defending a title for years doesnt automatically give you goat status.

The most important factor is beating the best fighters in your generation + the quality level of those fighters + the way you did it.

2 Likes

Like this little fuckhead can talk. He’s cried more than anyone

4 Likes

Its fairweather bullshit. I dislike Conor, hated when they rolled out the red carpet for his title shot. That said he knocked out Jose Aldo. Khabib lost to tiramisu and beat Al Iaquinta.

2 Likes

Kaibab is correct.

“Cry about their position” what the fuck does that even mean

1 Like

All champions need to move to 3rd world countries where the paycheques Dana gives them are enough to last their family 100s of years.
It’s really American fighters fault that they choose to live in America.

1 Like

Khabib indeed impress more, especially much more than GSP and DJ.

-undefeated against the best of the best fighters in MMA today in the toughest and deepest division

-never even lost a round (maybe two rounds debateble, but even those were not beatings)

-totally dominates the best of the best with 10-8s or finish

1 Like

Its good he raped conor and took all his glory then LOL

3 Likes