Khabib's dad: his injuries 90% caused by weightcut

2:41

It's true by 90%. When you are cutting a lot of weight, many minerals are removed from your body. Joints and bones become fragile under dehydration. Weight cutting is harmful.

touch -

2:41

It's true by 90%. When you are cutting a lot of weight, many minerals are removed from your body. Joints and bones become fragile under dehydration. Weight cutting is harmful.

He is mistaken with roids, with makes your ligaments weak

Dose anyone know how much he walks around at ?

He didn't strike me as a big weight cutter. Phone Post 3.0

bungee up - Dose anyone know how much he walks around at ?

Are you kidding? He cuts from over 190 lbs

He should fight cowboy at 170 then Phone Post 3.0

Nickchamb - He should fight cowboy at 170 then Phone Post 3.0

Khabib's dad said he could try moving up after getting the lightweight strap.

That said, Khabib is down to fight Cowboy at any weight but the last time Dana offered him Darrel Horcher instead

Weight classes in MMA are (relatively) few and far between. It's necessary to add more weight classes but I'm worried that titles would then become meaningless much like in boxing with the alphabet soup of weight divisions that exist today. Phone Post 3.0

touch -

Asked because I just genuinely have know idea.

I suppose I presumed that he wasn't a big weight cutter because he doesn't look super shredded.

Upon further thought though that's probably a indicator that he dose cut a lot.

For instance a Ben Henderson type of dude is similar size yet way more cut. He probably walks around a bit lighter if he looks that way on fight night. Phone Post 3.0

Kindly - Weight classes in MMA are (relatively) few and far between. It's necessary to add more weight classes but I'm worried that titles would then become meaningless much like in boxing with the alphabet soup of weight divisions that exist today. Phone Post 3.0
I've heard this idea many times and while I understand it I don't agree with it at all.
It's very old school and to a degree been a thought put in people's mind from years ago by Dana when the UFC had a smaller roster. It made match making easier and it was cool when you had a guy like sakaruba in pride fighting guys way bigger and actually wining.

Adding the new weight classes would loose nothing in terms of excitement these days. It would probably to do nothing fix weight cutting either though unless they enforced the 8% rule.
All it would mean is more super fights and more title fights per PPV.
Which in this climate of over saturation that many complain of is perfect.

The problem with the " boxing alphabet soup" is not the amount of weight classes it's the amount of organisations !

The new weight classes will come in.
It's not a matter of if but when.
It actually should have happened back in the "when Fitch got cut " era.

Don't worry. When it happens you won't be sad.

Those pride days will always be a moment in history to reminisce on though. Phone Post 3.0

Then tell him to bulk to 200, then cut to 185. Sorted. Phone Post 3.0

touch -

Yeah. That dude is a freaking giant at 155. Phone Post 3.0

I can't recall him looking much bigger than any of his opponents. I definitely remember him looking a weightclass smaller than Tibau. He looks like an average lightweight to me, and probably a really small welterweight. Phone Post 3.0

If he's really so bad due to the weight cut he really should just move up.. Why risk your body and time off due to the injuries caused by the weight cut Phone Post 3.0

RockTheVote -
BJTT_mikerobmma -
touch -

I saw him last week and he didn't look 190 to me. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, he still is a little bit soft at weigh-ins, not shredded at all. He doesn't seem to have anywhere near the muscle as other LW's. Phone Post 3.0

I was in an elevator with his once- he definitely doesnt look that big- maybe 170 lbs at most?

Then fight correct.class
He needs size to be good talentless Phone Post 3.0

RockTheVote - 
BJTT_mikerobmma -
touch -

He cuts from 245

RockTheVote - 
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
RockTheVote - 
BJTT_mikerobmma -
touch -

He cuts from 245

those russians kept switching the scale in the training room over to kilos. maybe he just looked small to me b/c im used to thinking in pounds...

In pounds he cuts from 492.

Just ask the guy that claims he cuts from over 190.

After injuring his rib sprawling to stop a takedown 6 weeks before the Ferguson fight last year his dad blamed the injury on this 

"Too much effort was spent on flights here and there, meeting youth, and we also always had many guests at home. This isn't a proper regime for training."