Kimbo has a big future still

Why is everyone burying this guy already? Did anyone ever consider him a contender?

Kimbo is is a hyped up promo with about as much legitimacy as Butterbean, Tank, and Bob Sapp. There's still lots of ways to promote him and lots of interesting freak show matches. Kimbo is far from done and the only people who think he's done are the sameones who thought he was elgit to start.

I agree.. He's definitely not main event material, but he'll fight again unless he gets discouraged by all of this. If he does, then he's not a true fighter.

Let's all pray for a much anticipated rematch with Big Mac!!!

He gets my respect for training like a professional w/ one of this sport's Legends!

Everybody loses......

Except Fedor :)

What about Edor?

no he doesnt. he lost ONE fight! his career is over!

on a serious note, losing this fight could have been the best thing for him. now all the pressure is off his shoulders. i expect him to make a pretty good comeback and still put on some entertaining fights.

He looked horrible in his fight with Thompson and just lost in 15 seconds. He was pure hype and even after training, doesn't know anything about grappling.

i could name a number of fighters like that. admittedly,EXC shouldn't have made the guy a main event, and thats the issue here, but doesn't mean he doesn't train hard and can't learn to become a better fighter...

This hurt Kimbo no doubt but they can still find some guys who suck for Kimbo to beat up.

Is 34 too old to become a better fighter? I think when you consider he'sa power puncher and that lasts until your 40's he could still improve and be a solid fighter.

I'd like to see kimbo vs butterbean.  

Great points Tracy, and your not even a man....Just kidding..

Kimbo hate is retarded and so is the UG.

Kimbo isn't out. He should fight some guys his level and work his way back up. He's got a lot of potental.

^^

Ouch

I'm sure he will make a living as more of a character like Bob Sapp.

Bob Sapp is to Japan as Kimbo is to Americas

frontrowbrian - 
Dougie -  Kimbo isn't out. He should fight some guys his level and work his way back up. He's got a lot of potental.
Potential to do what?

WEAK CHIN-- CHECK (A short jab shouldn't have caused that type of damage)

ZERO WRESTLING ABILITY-- CHECK 

ZERO BJJ ABILITY-- CHECK 

ZERO CARDIO-- CHECK

HE'S OLD--- CHECK

Where's the potential?

Oh come on. Kimbo has shown he can take shots. A shot right on the button would do most anyone in. Not saying that he's invincable but a weak chin? One fight doesn't prove that.

He's working with people now on his grappling and cardio. It can be improved. 

Randy Coture is old. Kimbo is no Randy but age won't count him out.

Kimbo should fight guys at his level and work his way back up if he can.

freak show potential. 

i could watch Kimbo get knocked out ALL DAY, ALL DAY

i said this already, but kimbo is the paris hilton of MMA. he became famous for some internet videos, which is fine, but to expect him to become a dcecent fighter is like expecting paris to learn how to act.

aint gonna happen

BigSleep - i said this already, but kimbo is the paris hilton of MMA. he became famous for some internet videos, which is fine, but to expect him to become a dcecent fighter is like expecting paris to learn how to act.

aint gonna happen

yes but if paris drops the partying and attends acting workshops for the nex two years and then acts in several small budget dramas and then gets into a scorcese flick she would do decent. point is kimbo still has the potentail to be decent for a long time.

Tracylee,
Not to be an ass or anything but what gives you the ability classify someone as to whether they are a "real fighter" or not? Kimbo was an overhyped spectacle. A side show if you will. But he was and always will be a "real fighter." Anybody that gets in there at one point in their life and has the courage to square off against another person just to entertain the masses and get bread is a real fighter.