Kimbo Slice News

Former Elite XC and UFC star Kimbo Slice is heading to pro wrestling.

Slice will debut on February 5th for the IGF promotion in Fukuoka, Japan. He will face Shinichi Suzukawa, who is considered the most pushed star in the IGF.

Follows the path of fighters like Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Sakuraba and Josh Barnett.

who?

metal thing transforms into self-aware BBQ grill

Atta boy, Kimbo! Hahahah. 

Sagiv Lapkin -  I'm not familiar with the ruleset. Do they acknowledge the "chill dawg" rule?

In certain "special rules" matches.

WFA? Phone Post

Very wise career move, it wont affect his acting career much, in might even enhance his acting ability. like the rock

JDSFTW - WFA?

I know your a tenor.

So you may not know this.

Kimbo. Dan Severn. Sakuraba. Ken Shamrock. Josh Barnett. Are all mma fighters.

xcouturefan - Follows the path of fighters like Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Sakuraba and Josh Barnett.

Sakuraba and Shamrock were pro-wrestlers before MMA fighters.

Man they arent kidding that former Sumo guy is the most pushed star of IGF...

First that weird match with Coleman, then Sapp "losing his will to fight him" at Dynamite, now Kimbo? pretty funny.

The only way to make it better is if those "Neri Motherfucka" guys who were cursing at Coleman get involved and start a storyline with Kimbo's crew lol... japanese pro wrestling sounds more hilarious than north american right now.

I know your a dumb ass, so you may not know this, but it was a joke. But also, Just because you listed some legend fighters, doesn't mean it's immune to WFA. I can't post a story about a man who robbed a bank and at the very bottom, say "just like lee Murray". Phone Post

The last I heard of Kimo he was jumping off a 3 story motel into a swimming pool.

PTSandman - 
xcouturefan - Follows the path of fighters like Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Sakuraba and Josh Barnett.

shamrock WAS NOT a pro wrestler before he was an MMA fighter!  Shamrock was a pioneer of mma in the early days! then went to the WWF and than came back to MMA! Although i think he should have stuck with Wrestling!  by the time he came back to MMA the sport had evolved too much and left him behind!

trent205 - 
PTSandman - 

shamrock WAS NOT a pro wrestler before he was an MMA fighter!  Shamrock was a pioneer of mma in the early days! then went to the WWF and than came back to MMA! Although i think he should have stuck with Wrestling!  by the time he came back to MMA the sport had evolved too much and left him behind!

haha its confusing but shamrocks first fight was at a prowrestling show in 1992-wiki

The origins of Shamrock's mixed martial arts career began in the Japanese pro wrestling organization Fujiwara Gumi. On October 4, 1992, at the Tokyo Dome

Professional Wrestling Career
Ken Shamrock
Ring name(s) Vince Torelli
Ken Shamrock
Shamrock
Wayne Shamrock
Billed from Sacramento, California
Trained by Nelson Royal
Bob Sawyer
Buzz Sawyer
Debut 1990
Retired 2004
[edit] Early career

In 1988, Shamrock trained as a professional wrestler under Bob Sawyer, Buzz Sawyer and Nelson Royal. He debuted in 1990 in the Charlotte, North Carolina-based South Atlantic Pro Wrestling promotion under the ring name Wayne Shamrock. He later changed his ring name to just Shamrock and turned heel, adopting the nickname "Mr. Wrestling". In 1990, Shamrock travelled to Japan, where he competed in the Universal Wrestling Federation and its successor promotion, Pro Wrestling Fujiwara Gumi.

His first taste of mixed martial arts came following the exodus of his mentors Minoru Suzuki and Masakatsu Funaki from Fujiwara's promotion to found one of the formative Japanese mixed martial arts associations, Pancrase. Later, he returned to America to compete in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Shamrock would split time between the two organizations until 1996, whereupon he returned to professional wrestling, signing a contract with the World Wrestling Federation.

trent205 - shamrock WAS NOT a pro wrestler before he was an MMA fighter!  Shamrock was a pioneer of mma in the early days! then went to the WWF and than came back to MMA!

Ken pro wrestled before he was ever in the UFC.

His ring name was Vince Torreli or something like thta.

well than i guess i will pull my foot out of my mouth ..... lol you sure that wasnt some type of shoot fighting org and not a wrestling org

trent205 -  well than i guess i will pull my foot out of my mouth ..... lol you sure that wasnt some type of shoot fighting org and not a wrestling org

nope it was wrestling.... its a common mistake.. i dont even think the ug can call you a tuff noob from stuff from the 80's haha

but this just goes to show that mma's roots lie in prowrestling...

trent I'm pretty sure Shamrock said in an interview that he was a pro wrestler in Japan before UFC offered him a fight...like in the late 80s-92... Phone Post

well hey im man enough to admit when i am wrong! I bow down before the knowledge of the UG masters! ;)