Kimbo's uppercut

If right behind the ear you mean it hit him in the shoulder, then you are correct sir.

Horrible, horrible fight.

The only thing that you can say from that fight is that Kimbo has yet to be in an mma fight. And that Bo Cantrell should never be allowed in a ring or cage again.

Props to Kimbo but I did not like the last attempted punch to the back of the head of the downed opponent..
Mark Matheny UFC Reff......

houston vs kimbo stat

Not too many of those punches landed very hard, but I think its relatively apparent that Kimbo was legitimately trying to get some heavy leather on Bo. So, if it was a dive, I don't think they let Kimbo in on it.

OMG thanks for video Heddy, now i am sure that Cantrell took dive, the uppercut looked like it barely connected, and the elbow doesnt look like it connected at all, look at video people proof is in pudding

holy. from that angle the hard part of his elbow connected with the bony prominence right near his ear. That would knock anyone to the ground.

"But he got hit, and EVERYONE on this thread would have tapped if they got hit with that elbow."

I don't know man, thats a heart thing. I don't believe you can make that assumption. Cantrell lost alot of respect after that fight. If you know Kimbo is better than you, go out and take the KO, no doubt he was being paid well. But to just look for a way out(which is what he did in my opinion), that doesn't take much heart. And for you to assume that anyone on this thread would just look for a way out in a fight...well, thats just silly.

take care,

CHE

"Seriously, where did the red whelp over Bo's left eye come from?"

From the left hook that landed just after the uppercut.

I think the fight looked suspect, but I am not sure, as Kimbo landed three hard shots. The unassuming left hook he landed after the uppercut did leave a large welt over Bo's left eye.

-jk

That uppercut landed flush on the ovaries. I've been told that really stuns ya....

That elbow hits Bo's shoulder before hits any part of his head.

not a work, per se, but that can't be called an mma fight.

Here is the frame by frame sequence of the Kimbo uppercut to Cantrell.

That elbow hit his SHOULDER first, then bounced onto his head.

Cantrell showed up for a check. Period. He hit the ground and tapped before any blows were even thrown!

Check out BO's fight vs Brad Imes two weeks before his fight with Kimbo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DoNFc1qFgHA

Watch his left hand. He only moves it from Brad's shoulder to down onto the mat, and makes no effort to defend the choke.

Might change the minds of people who don't believe he's in there just to collect a paycheck.

Edit: Just checked, and he lost his two fights before Brad Imes. Both to Dave Huckaba, one by KO in 5 seconds, one by TKO in 26 seconds. I would love to see those videos.

Here is the frame by frame sequence of Kimbo's elbow to Cantrell.

looked like nice form on the elbow to me