Knuckles " Izzy Is Average "

Saying the Champ is average is exactly a “dig” at him.

1 Like

Does anyone else just feel MW has been a succession of highly overrated fighters ever since Anderson declined? Weidman, Izzy, Whittaker, Costa, Romero… All of these have been talked about so highly and I’ve always considered all of them overrated and not at the level many fighters at the very top are at LW & WW.

Maybe Anderson just spoilt us though lol

3 Likes

Yeah I mean a prime Izzy couldnt do much vs a way past his prime Silva. How do you think 30 year old Silva would do vs an old man Izzy? Tune his ass up.

MW is so messed up BISPING was champ and an old fat GSP was even brought out of retirement for an easy title in a higher weight class.

2 Likes

But nothing Robert said was talking shit. He was asked about the fight that just happened and like most of us he wasn’t impressed. I admittedly don’t like Izzy. But that doesn’t impact the level of excitement I get from watching an exciting or high level match. Robert’s assessment was completely accurate.

6 Likes

He didn’t say that though. He said the particular performance was average. Please, this is a no spin zone.

5 Likes

His performance was average

3 Likes

He’s trying to call Izzy arrogant but that don’t really fly if you can’t beat him.

1 Like

It might not look great. But it doesn’t change the fact that he is indeed arrogant.

3 Likes

I feel Whitaker is trying to “convince himself” that he can beat Izzy.

3 Likes

Yup. Thread title is misleading and is exposing the fact people don’t read the details before they post.

2 Likes

No middle weight is beating Izzy any time soon.

2 Likes

But he’s not as good as he thinks he is!

1 Like

I think Rob is salty that his place as UFC champ has been permanently taken away by a skinny gay anime nerd.

3 Likes

He is 21-1 and only loss he moved up a weight class. He has wins over Costa, Whitaker, Gastelum, Romero, Anderson (yes he was old), and Brunson.

I’d say he is probably as good as he thinks he is.

2 Likes

If Israel isn’t that good than what other ufc champion is?

1 Like

And Izzy is the clear champion.

We already did.

4 Likes

I won’t disagree with that. That’s common for most fighters who’ve lost to a guy they’re about to face again. But I still don’t see how that ties into his honest and accurate assessment of Izzy’s most recent performance.

2 Likes

Vettori is a tough stylistic match up for a lot of people. Izzy won. It wasn’t his best performance but not many people will look good against Vettori.

2 Likes

The division is terrible, worst in the ufc in imo.

5 Likes

Old man Romero: « So, hey, Dana, hey, UFC? Did you finally found somebody who can hurt me? Who can beat the Soldier of God?? No forgay Romero!! I see you UFC!! I see you!!! ».

2 Likes