Kongo's Workout out in Ultimate MMA mag

YourDumbFace - I was under the impression that Hendo did 100 reps of each exercise total, not sets of 100. I could be wrong though, but that's what I remember hearing from the countdown show.

Yeah, 1 set of 100

hendo has machines, he does a machine circuit 100 reps each machine

NowhereMan22000 - 
supersaiyan - tricep pressdowns: 4 sets of 40 reps (300 pounds)

--

MFn BS ..who does 4o reps of ANYTHING with weights??? only bodybuilders routine would have rep sequence like that and EVEN that is still alot --juicing or not lol

if this was his realroutine that dude should look like Lee Haney or something.

Dan Henderson does some insane amount of reps - 100 IIRC

yeah i can get that but at SUBMAXIMAL weight??!!

and at 4 days a week?? with those numbers?

Seriously I've seen Marius' training schedule. I'll try to find it again. Even HIS isn't this fucking nuts.

NeoSpartan - Seriously I've seen Marius' training schedule. I'll try to find it again. Even HIS isn't this fucking nuts.

that would TRULY BE appreciated :)

I ain't buying that story.

LOL@that whole 'workout'...

It's like they lost the actual figures and made up some random bullshit.

10 sets of 10 x 405 (squat)? 10 SETS? Nope.

wow

Mariusz Training Protocal-

http://www.criticalbench.com/Mariusz-Pudzianowski.htm

As one of only a handful of Strongmen, Mariusz trains twice a day, five days a week. Below you'll find a sample workout routine as well as the loads used for various exercises.

Warning! This is a very demanding schedule even for Mariusz's closest friends and fellow Polish strongmen. Dear reader, if your aspiration is to become a strongman, remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. Train with utmost intensity, but know your limits. (...)

Python's Training

Monday

Morning Gym Session (9.00)

Back Squat
Warm-up: 8 sets, pyramiding from 60 to 160kg
Work sets: pyramiding from 160 to 280kg, reps going from 6 down to 2
Mariusz performs his squats olympic-style, he uses knee wraps and a belt.

Leg Curl (for hamstrings)
6 sets of 20 reps

Leg Extension (for quads)
6 sets of 20 reps

Pull Up
6 sets of 15 reps

Chin Up
6 sets of 10 reps

Behind-the-neck Pulldowns
4 sets of 15 reps

Barbell Rows
4 sets of 15 reps

Abs: 6 sets of 30 reps
exercises used (haging leg raise, bends, various)

Afternoon Event Training (19.00) with Strongman Equipment

Sandbag Carry (130kg on back)
3 times 170 meters

Conan's Wheel - 290kg
3 times 2.5 revolutions

Tire Flip
3 sets of 10 flips

Tuesday Morning Gym Session (9.00)

Front Squats
work up to 250

Calf Work
6 sets of 15 reps

Standing Military Press
Warm-up sets - 7 sets of 60 to 100kg
Work sets - 6 sets pyramiding up from 110, 120, 130, 140kg for 5-4 reps

Deadlifts
Warm-up sets - 6 with 200kg
Work sets - work up to 300kg

Good Mornings
8 sets with 100kg

Afternoon Session (19.00)
Bushman's Walk
300 kg 3 x 15 meters

Presses with Machine Used in Competition
3 sets of 10 reps with 120kg

Parallel Crucifix
Hold 40kg weights for 30 seconds

Wednesday Morning Gym Session (9.00)

Bench Press
Warm-up sets - work up to 180kg in 8 sets
Work sets - work up from 150kg to 220kg, going from 8 down to 2 reps

Barbell Extensions: work up to 80kg

Standing French Press

Afternoon (19.00) Same as Monday plus powerstairs and so called parallel stairs

These are just excerpts of Mariusz's training program. Each of his training sessions is precluded by 15-min of skipping rope (of course, he used to be a boxer). He finishes every workout with abdominal work. On top of all this, there is twice-a-week karate practice and recovery work which includes swimming. (...). You can also find Mariusz doing his medium-distance runs.

I'm pretty sure I have a more detailed one somewhere I have to fire up my old laptop to be sure...

i could actually believe marius doing that program "dubbed" Kongos..IF that is was all he was doing and nothing else...but those numbers and training mma full time by KONGO???...no way in hell lol

thanks NEO

Yeah, even the cardio routine would be punishing enough for a big guy like Kongo.

how does it find time to train his ground game? oh, that's right, he doesn't...

mairusz is fighting either november or december in polish event ksw, will be very interesting to see.

It makes me wonder why they printed that. Did Kongo just make up a whole load of bullshit to impress people or fuck with the magazine, or is the magazine making it up for their own reasons? It's definitely not useful to anyone looking for training info either way.

turducken - 
supersaiyan - i could actually believe marius doing that program "dubbed" Kongos..IF that is was all he was doing and nothing else...but those numbers and training mma full time by KONGO???...no way in hell lol

No way could even Mariusz do that bullshit workout. You guys who are obsessing over the ridiculously stupid weights are forgetting that all of that is done AFTER FOUR HOURS of intense hill based cardio and parachute sprinting(LOL), which he does SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. It is literally not humanly possible to do intense hill cardio and run parachute sprints for 4 motherfucking hours and then do 10x10 of squats, lunges, and deadlifts with 405lbs AND then leg press fucking 720lbs for 10x10 and then do a fuck ass load of volume on other HEAVY leg isolation exercises, and then rest two days(but not actual rest because you are still lifting ridiculously and still doing the 4 hour cardio workout every day) and do the fucking thing again 2 days later. Not possible, not even in the realm of reality.

Mariusz's actual workout, as beastly as it is, is like a walk around the block with grandma compared to the workout that Kongo supposedly does.

agreed :)

nrallen - how does it find time to train his ground game? oh, that's right, he doesn't...

mairusz is fighting either november or december in polish event ksw, will be very interesting to see.

cant wait to see how he does tho

How do you tricep push down more than you weigh? wouldn't that make it a dip or something?