kotc australia.

Ginger snaps 2 was inferior to number one no doubt but i really liked the twist. I thought that it was atmospheric and shouldnt be counted out. Also my copy of number one has naked swedish girls filmed in my last trip to thailand hehe instead of the credits.

I hope that director gets more money for his next film i think he is onto something and will be a big name soon.

That marilyn manson looking brunette sister freaks me out. Good actress though. Love the gore, wish they made movies like that in australia (though I'm working to change that!!)

"Spartan.. well they dont bring guys in, however, naturally the fact of
having a Shindo aligned referee calling the shots on another shindo
fighters match is far from a good thing. Also simply having shindo
fighters in the ring really doesn't allow the judges, however, impartial
they claim or try to be... previously the promoter trainer reeks of
poltical bias much the same as we are seeing with the IMA/ WR
scenario due to Shane BALMERS close friendship with Tony GREEN."

Justin,..not sure what you mean here buddy,...does this mean that you
think SPARTAN judges might be a little biased because they know
Shindo fighters personally?

mucho respecto

• Juggs

No, the simple fact that the show was run by Kerry who trained fighters that competed on the show always put a shadow of doubt over the potential or perception for the judges to sway the way of shindo fighters.

As a fighter or trainer I would always be apprehensive of fighting (as eg's only) a SOLAK boy on a SOLAK show or a DUNNE boy on a SPARTAN event etc.... Remember that the judges utilised on the events are selected by the promoter and it will always leave it open to the perception of potential corruption.

Justin

Thanks,..nice response.

Yes you're correct, the promoter will always select the judges but it's a
choice that has to be made. If you dig deep enough I'm sure people
could always find a way to disrepute the judges people use. Every
promotion could be pointed at. In my opinion Joe Perry, Toshiyuki,
Grant and that fellow from Sakura Ryu Ju Jitsu (sorry!) are very
competent judges.

So remember people,..don't let it go to the judges decision. No one to
bark at then.

Actually Justin I'm gonna blame you for your connections to Kezza &
Nathan Starr for my decision loss in SPARTAN ;P ..Bastard!!

• Juggs (loving the constructive conversations)

Keats,
im not sure how much you know about Luke Pezutti,
You seem to think he is not worthy of fighting Danny. why is this?

The promoter/trainer scenario really gives the critics a lot of ammo. I am really anti this so much. Neil & TE PAA as eg's have never fought in Australia without me cornerring, however, on an XFC event I just won't do it although I firmly feel that the boys would have been better off with me there. Anyway just my thoughts...

As a fighter would have you preferred to fight on my show with Nathan and I in the corner? ;)

Justin

No sorry,...(thinks to self) "which no hair'd bastard's yelling at
me??..arrhhh" ;P

• Juggs

Sorry about they way I'm going to explain this guys (especially to Tank). I know alot more about Boxing than I know about your sport so i'm going to use boxing as an example.

Most know Kostya beat Mitchell after around a 2 year lay off because of injury. If my information is correct Luke has not fought for almost 2 years also be of injury (if I have fucked this bit of info up I retract everything I have said and am about to say).

Let say for the example Mitchell had the titles and Kostya was the challanger. I would say (and would think most would, including Mitchell and Kostya)Kostya would not deserve to fight Mitchell after a 2 year lay off and he would have to fight 1 to 2 come back fights to deserve to line up against Mitchell.

Thats all my point is. Facts are even if Mitchell had the titles Kostya still would have beaten him after his 2 years lay off. Luke may beat Higgins but I personlly think to fight who most say is Australias best fighter at his weight that he sould have to fight a warm up fight 1st.

I am only basing my opinion on this and not any way shape or form on skill level. For all I know Dan/Luke fight could be fight of the year Luke could also beat Dan in the 1st round or the other way around.

Just if Australian MMA was all under one umbrella I would have thought Higgin would be Australian Champ at his weight and would find it odd for an Australian Champ to have to fight someone wh ohad been out of the ring for almost 2 years. Thats all mate, nothing personal.

Another fact is I know no one close to Luke and I also know no one close to Danny so not sticking up for anyone. This is just IMO.

"if I have fucked this bit of info up I retract everything I have said and am about to say"

Really, so if your info is wrong, does that mean that Tszyu didn't beat Mitchell ? No wonder boxing is so hard to follow...

:-)

On a more serious note I think your analogy fails Keats due to the depth of fighters in boxing versus Australian MMA. Your theory is sound IMO, but in practice the numbers beat you.

I'm not suggesting the matchup is valid or otherwise, just poking holes in your half arsed attempt to explain yourself !!

Tank

PS: I don't really think it's half arsed, I'm sure you used your whole arse, but I feel compelled to strike out against you boxing types that invade the forum.

Well perhpas Matt, Neil, Kym or Richard BUHRMANN who I know come here may care to post on that. I have also cornerred Dion CROUCH and David FRENDIN extensively on Spartan. Naturally the job I can do is challenged by the fact that I dont see them for LONG periods of time, however, I know their games and I try to know the games of their opponents. I am confident that the athletes had performed better with me there.

I have watched a hell of a lot of fights and instructionals over a VERY long time and feel that I can offer sound advice on strategy, technique and also preparing the fighters on the day.

I may not be a fighter and my own training is limited,however, look at some of the best football, tennis, basketball coaches in the world... It is a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of thing.

Anyway you really cant judge my abilities, let those who have had me corner them speak for themselves. I am pretty sure that my W/L column would stack up OK too.

Justin

Tank, I really hope my info is right now because i really want Kostya to still hold the title ;)

That is cool if you guys who know MMA say numbers don't stack up in MMA to justify what I was saying. As I said I used a boxing senario because I understand this point way better than I understand MMA.

That is why I often say I came from a boxing background so you can all understand where I am coming from not to say I have done this or that also not so people can make challanges to box me. But hey i'm getting fitter ;)

I can also give credit where credit is due and Justin is very very correct in saying you dont have to do the sport to be a great coach/trainer.
Its also a mind set I have found with BJJ that you have to be a black belt to be the best trainer (and maybe this is right in BJJ as I also have limited experiance in that) but maybe if this is not true more BJJ Black Belts would compete as it wouldn't come down to my trainer outpointed yours so mine must be better.

In boxing Keith Ellis (Lester Ellis brother/trainer) is boxing trainer of the decade (or something like that) Keith had limited boxing experience but claimed this title with by FAR the most State, Austrlaian, Commonwealth and World Titles of any Australian boxing trainer.

Mike Tyson is one of the best Heavyweight boxers ever, and i'm not sure many people are rushing out to get him to train them. Would rather Johnny Lewis who has trained Fenech, Harding, Kostya and heaps more train me over many of boxings world champs anyday.

At the same time I can say it's very hard to turn up for a fight and jsut get a different trainer (one you don't normally train with) jump in your corner and coach you on the night. But reading on here seems like many guys from interstate don't have to luxury of their trainers travling interste with them and so just train themselves (Kym) so they are better of with someone in their corner than no one. Yes I know Justin and Kym have done a fair bit together just using an example. I have grabed other boxing trainers in Melb to just jump in my corner when I was training myself for awhile there.

In regards to cornering.

I will take whoever is available. However, in my first shooto show back in Nov '03. I had no one in my corner, Chris Shen a student of John Donehue walked up as I was being introduced and offered to corner me.

It was with that experience in mind that I asked Shooto to fly down Justin (at a financial loss to myself ) to corner me. The reason being is Justin had been one of the ONLY people who had kept me in the MMA loop, would offer my info on other opponents and offer my tactical and training advice. The only other person was Elvis who was also very handy in what he shared with me. Both of them gave me info enough to see me through my early victories.

Like Keats said, I dont have a trainer nor do I really have anyone here in SA who as a whole understands MMA enough to be a handy trainer. It is hard to find some one who has accurate knowledge of fighters in the domestic scene.

Pwnitat0r,

who are you ? and what is your actual agenda ? Im curious to know. You have just popped up lately in here and in infinites and you are all over Justin like a horny dog on a torn teddy bear.

Kym Robinson

"all over Justin like a horny dog on a torn teddy bear"

Funny shit !!

Kym, please consider yourself on notice that I'm gonna steal this line, use it at will, and claim it as my own...

Tank

Joined late O4 with a blue name and is from Newcastle....

My guess is that he is someone that got booted not long before hand.

Tank

I just spoke to my law team and I see no problems with it. Use it and abuse it my friend.

Justin

"My guess is that he is someone that got booted not long before hand. "

Nick Nolte ?

Kym

"nurturing match-making " refers to progressive matching of a fighter. Not just blindly throwing him in the ring against anyone.

How did you interpret it?

Justin

Hey if I jump in the ring can someone nurture me? :)

I could maybe try and help nurture you keats =)

Ben

edited for spelling

Sounds interesting, best offer yet.

Only other offer i have had is from Paulo, and that was after not fighting for many years he wants to match me and Bonello in a Boxing match (not sure if he is nurturing me or not)

:)