KOTM date

whats weird here is thats the song they played closing time at 'the courty' post kotm... we knew it was well and truely time then to go to the best club ever, RUMOURS! ...can i get a witness! ;)

Andy,
You got way to much time on your hands bro.
Wayne

Well speaking for all the boys forms the Redlands.

Justin has been more than accommodating with us.

All accommodation, ample fight purse etc.

I know that before Justin none of us amateurs even got paid to fight.

I have nothing against the Rockhard guys esp. Peter Davis; he’s a real cool guy.

I can't see where this si coming from? The rock hard guys have been on and to every XFC so far. Why the hate now?

On XFC 1 didn't Justin fly over a NZ fighter for a Toowoomba guy? I'm sure that shows respect for that fighter’s quality?

Anyways. I just would like to get some levelheaded answers. I’m confused :/

ps. Toowoomba has some mad clubs :D

This is not directed at XFC but if MMA is paying a fighter who has had 2 fights $250 to win and $250 appearance thats fucked, no wonder you can't get get the kickboxers and boxers over to the sport of MMA.
Maybe now i'm starting to understand why Bonello markets himself the way he does!

Hey its fine if someone wants to fight MMA but if they want to fight and make money maybe they need to chose another sport (we have guys training with us that only want to fight MMA and thats up to them)

Keats,

What's a kickboxer earn for his third fight?

Keats consider that most boxers have a LOT of amateur fights before turning pro.

I can assure everyone that Aussie MMA is pretty adequately paid.

Lets just look at a few eg's without mentioning names.

One of the best known Muay Thai fighters in Australia gets 4K to fight on nationally televised shows at 2000+ capacity houses. One Australia's best domestic talents has an asking price of 2K.

Carlee Mehan, Bob MIROVIC and Mitch OHELLO were doing 12 rounds for 5K.

Now look at the US where DELAHOYA gets 24M US to fight MOSLEY,tyson gets gods knows what while Frank MIR, Randy etc... Have to my knowledge NEVER exceeded 200K.

So lets say COUTURE or MIR the 2 champs of the BIGGEST org in america get 240K (They are not getting this) and DELAHOYA gets 24 Mil = boxing is 100 x the MMA pay and we arent event talking re the TYSON pay days.

Translate that to Aussie MMA and the HW Champ's boxing purse being 5K. Divided by 100 = a payday of $50 for the Aussie HW MMA champ or LHW champ!

Mr FOKI or MR NEST can we get pen to paper on that? ;)

In closing AUSSIE MMA IS REALLY A FIGHTERS MARKET AT THE MOMMENT.

Also spoke to Peter DAVIS who assured me that Zowie and Ryans posts were meant to be taken as JOKES. All is well between XFC and the Toowoomba boys. Got a bit worried when peter said we are still brothers ;) (incest J O K E).

Justin

Another consideration has to be how established the sport is.

Boxing = Been around forever
Kickboxing in one form or another = Early 80's in Aus ? That's 20 years.

How long have we had MMA over here ?

And Justin, that's a lot of names in a post that isn't going to mention any names :-)

Tank

yo guys, i aologise for going off(i honestly thought you meant the incest stuff,etc.)
and my remarks about pays,etc,was just as i have some issues with you justin that we still haven't fixed. i'm still waiting after over six months to be paid some of my gear from my first fight. pete assured me you're sorting that out,now.

apologees to wayne and the crew, too. we have a great relationship and i didn't mean to bring you guys into it.. this is between you and me, justin,and to quote wayne "should have been dealt with face to face" and not on a public forum..
pete or the rock hard boys had no knowledge of this,until they got some nasty phone calls...
man, did he kick my arse today at training, dammn..

yo zvigg...man, i don't mind what we're paid at the moment for a fight(if you saw my last two,i was probably overpaid,hehe,).

Zowie,

new computer - please email me. I dropped stuff at Pete's which I assumed you got?

If XFC4 is the hitch It has yet to be finalised. I know it has been some time, however, we made achoice as to where we should best utilise our funds. being that post event sales have been something that I am unable to put the time into (in order to get adequate return) we have put that on the backburner.

I think we have achieved some monsterous things with the talent we have bought here and are continuing to do (eg SHAMROCK). We for my mind are on the right track and hopefully my dreams will be shared by all when we get even BIGGER.

justin@xfc.com.au

Justin

zviggy your mates need to find a new promoter.

do you think Kali Meehan only got $5000 for his last 12 round fight?

Also I understand that MMA is only new but I also understand that most local boxing shows without a big name fighter don't charge between $40 to $100 entre and there seems to be more spectators at the MMA shows than there is at the local boxing shows.

Also would the fighters that held the WORLD Titles Bonello won recived more than $5000 for their fights as they were the WORLD Champs???

Any way to tired to get into a debate just thought $250 for a fight wasn't much for a guy who had fought twice before but then again I have never seen his fight and I also don't know what other MMA fighters get paid in Australia.

I just wish the promoters would pay us by the kilo. God, I would be the highest paid fighter in Australia !!! And finally you lightweights would get what you deserve!! (joke)
Also, Zowie things are cool, maybe we can roll some time!!
See ya
Wayne

Edited for double post

'I hope no-one starts holding shows in Tasmania, or the obvious jokes and references will start more fights here than would otherwise be on the card...'

With the lack of people interested in MMA down here from what I've seen/heard, it'd take maybe 1 or 2 forum battles to outnumber the bouts.

Keats,

No Karli didn't get 5K for his last fight as it was abroad.

Justin

Zviggy we had a guy fight that trains with us and has had about the same amount of fights but with a little worse record and with a deal done with tickets he sold to the fights he pocketed $800.

Cost $20 or $25 to get in and i think here were about 500 spectators there. There were some more expencive seats there but i think they were around the $45 mark.

Do any of the MMA events pay the fighters for the tickets they can sell? It seesm to happen in Melb a bit (with Kickboxing i mean) and it seems most the fighters get off their arses and sell the tickets and push the show as it is money in their pockets and they can make more money out of ticket sales than they get for fighting and its extra bums on seats that probably wouldn't be there if the local fighter wasn't pushing it. All of a suden this fighter filled about 26 people on a bus and shipped us down where maybe a car load of us might have gone if he wasn't pushing it.

Also I know where your coming from Justin and as i said it was not a dig at XFC or anyone else. I also think alot of the local fighters in other sports get paid shit, Rod Carr who i had a fair bit to do with was ranked as high as No2 in the world but for a title here he wasn't getting what he was worth.

Keats,

I am all for putting fighters on incentive based earnings. I am a win/win player.

Many of the fighters within XFC fight on such deals.

My theory is EVERYONE needs to be rewarded for the work they do. managers, trainers etc..... Anyone that brings me $$ is getting some in return.

Justin

Hey

What a creative and colourful thread. Now let me just say. While Justin some times lacks taste in his posting on here, I have not had any problems with him as a promoter. He has paid me well for my last fight and went out of his way to find me an opponent after my fight was cancelled on another card. He also assisted getting me fights on the Melb shooto show as well as the first MMA K1 Brissie show.

Apart from him trying to touch my taz once, I dont believe Justin has ever tried to do anything bad or norty to me.

Basically Kickboxers and Boxers across the board generally do get a lot better pay than MMA fighters. Sure they have amateur fights. But they actually have an amateur circuit. Here we have amateur bouts on professional cards and they end up counting as pro fights. If you want to fight MMA, dont expect to become rich.

The simple fact remains the money is just not there. How many people outside of small circles are actually aware of what our sport is. Not to mention the plan fact that no one show has the same set as rules. Kickboxing and Boxing atleast have a considerable degree of uniformity and the average person on the street knows what you are talking about if you say "boxing" or "kickboxing". Our sport still doesnt have a generic name.

In time with good shows, more fighters and hard working promoters and yes Justin is one of them. We will see a greater popular surge in our sport. And then the fighters will start to get paid. But until the average person has no interest or does not know a thing about our sport, then dont expect big pay days.

Just my thoughts on it all.

Kym Robinson

Pretty much how it is Kym. You guys aren't getting TYSON paydays and as much as the media likes to portray me as him......... (joke) ........... I am far from being Don KING :)

I am fortunate enough to have a solid base of fighters who understand where we are at and are willing to take the risk that i am in hope of future growth.

Justin

Thanks for the input Justin and Kym. Justin you offered the fighter some money to show and some more to win, how have you found this has worked over the time?