Kron doing MMA next year

Kron says he will likely start doing MMA next year. He has been working and helping out the Diaz brothers for their fights. Let's hope his hands are a bit better than Roger's.

http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/kron-gracie-i-will-probably-leave-jiu-jitsu-to-concentrate-on-mma-next-year/

Great: now he can bitch about how he lost because the rules aren't like a real fight - in a whole new sport!

I think Kron's hands will be much better than Roger's in additon he seems to have a mean streak in him I think he is better suited for MMA imo

GrahamJ - Great: now he can bitch about how he lost because the rules aren't like a real fight - in a whole new sport!
I concur Phone Post 3.0

What weight is he ? Phone Post 3.0

He should try and make 170 Phone Post 3.0

Interesting, maybee Kron vs Aoki 2 in MMA? Was looking foward to see Kron defend the Metamorsis title but if rumor are true then it makes sense to look into some other career opportunities.

hope he works his takedowns Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - 
GrahamJ - Great: now he can bitch about how he lost because the rules aren't like a real fight - in a whole new sport!
I concur Phone Post 3.0

that not right, don't compare kron to rorion and the boys.
the kid may be a bad sport at times, but he's never asked for any special rules when he competes.i never heard him blame the rules for a loss, maybe a bad call (depending which side you sit on)

http://youtu.be/V4qyiy9V55Y?t=13m5s

I never thought i'd hear the 'It wouldn't work if I could punch you.' excuse from a high-level BJJ competitor.

One of Bjj's elite entering into MMA should be great news on a Bjj forum. It is to me. Kron may or may not transition well into the cage but it's gonna be very interesting finding out.

The very few savages on this planet that have the balls to fight Mma can complain all they want. I try not to let it bother me. They put themselves thru hell while we just sit back and watch them go to war with a beverage in our hand, we should try to have alot more respect for them, IMO :-) Phone Post 3.0

ttt

I like your point of view Eddie.

krons a beast,excited to see it

12 -
checkuroil - 
I concur Phone Post 3.0

that not right, don't compare kron to rorion and the boys.
the kid may be a bad sport at times, but he's never asked for any special rules when he competes.i never heard him blame the rules for a loss, maybe a bad call (depending which side you sit on)

Graham and I were quoting a seminar where he was talking about how his march with Lucas leite would have gone differently if punches were involved Phone Post 3.0

145 pounds. He can make that weight for mma.

Dude every thread I see u on your whinging about something. Cheer up a bit maybe? Phone Post

He is short but I don't think his frame will allow him to get to 145. He has very little fat the way it is and I believe he walks a little above 170. I could see him cutting a little weight and then sweating out the rest to get to 155.

One thing people don't really talk about is the pressure that Kron must feel. I don't think anybody else has as much pressure to win on his shoulders as Kron. His dad is THE legend...not just a legend. People expect him to win. That pressure growing up had to have a significant impact on his personality and ego. Think about he pressure you feel stepping on the mat at a tournament and nobody but yourself has expectations for you. When Kron steps on the mat, he is expected to win.

Side note:Here is a recent interview he did with Vogue.

http://www.vogue.it/en/uomo-vogue/people/2013/07/kron-gracie#ad-image0

dig it. war kron!

burner22 -

Dude every thread I see u on your whinging about something. Cheer up a bit maybe? Phone Post

Thank god I'm not the only one that noticed Phone Post 3.0

'When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.'

Haha.
I do complain a lot, yes - but I say some nice things, too: in the Caio Terra, and Saulo Ribeiro threads, for example.
Focus on the positives, guys: the glass is half full, etcetera.