Kron wins Pan Am brown Absolute

That's where you're wrong, my fren! I am ze Rickson posting under ze disguise of Joe Canada. I say you're wrong, my fren!

Me by armbar.

Jason,

of course you're right. I was referring directly to shorty's assertation that being the best Brown Belt in the world doesn't make you a Black Belt.

Also, of course you're not a Black Belt until your instructor gives it to you. Fairly easy threshold there.

But belts reflect a level of skill, not the other way around. Being "the best brown belt in the world" means you're rolling at a black belt level, unless for some reason, all the Brown Belts in the world are far from their black.

Rickson will make up his own mind as to how and when to award a Black Belt, and likely needs no input from any of us. In the meantime, Kron has been most impressive.

Just having some fun poking holes in arguments, as it's a slow Sunday.

"Guy should be a blackbelt belt. Classic Rickson sandbagging."

Actually, this just proves that black belts are being given out all to easily in BJJ right now.

Seriously, the entire bjj community should promote Rickson to red belt and force all the bjj black belts given out the last five years to retest and be re-certified by Rickson.

One BJJ Nation, under Rickson.

more results please?

Fight Watcher has spoken the correct.

(I re loaded the vid)

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/e37782b340342c59b46f1070ab09f33a/video/1799820

It is random crowd shots so people could get an idea of the size, etc. Then Rickson and Kron toward the end.

zipp, any more results. they must be somewhere?

"Jason,

of course you're right. I was referring directly to shorty's assertation that being the best Brown Belt in the world doesn't make you a Black Belt.

Also, of course you're not a Black Belt until your instructor gives it to you. Fairly easy threshold there.

But belts reflect a level of skill, not the other way around. Being "the best brown belt in the world" means you're rolling at a black belt level, unless for some reason, all the Brown Belts in the world are far from their black.

Rickson will make up his own mind as to how and when to award a Black Belt, and likely needs no input from any of us. In the meantime, Kron has been most impressive.

Just having some fun poking holes in arguments, as it's a slow Sunday."

gotcha, I agree. I would offer that if you are a brown belt, then you should be fairly competitive with black belts meaning you are winning 20-30% of the time against black belts...but I feel pretty strongly that BB status should be reserved for truly remarkable BJJ players...I really hope there is never a watering down of BJJ, hell in all honesty, I don't really like the idea of sport BJJ guys being black belts with no vale tudo influence or emphasis in the curriculum...if we keep true to the VT roots, we can avoid the McDojo-ization of the sport we all love....and I say this as a lowly 1 stripe blue, who will never be black or brown;)

I'd try on the mat I guess. Probably won't see much till it's over.

Gracie Mag has a little.

vids?

"but I feel pretty strongly that BB status should be reserved for truly remarkable BJJ players...I really hope there is never a watering down of BJJ, hell in all honesty, I don't really like the idea of sport BJJ guys being black belts with no vale tudo influence or emphasis in the curriculum...if we keep true to the VT roots, we can avoid the McDojo-ization of the sport we all love....and I say this as a lowly 1 stripe blue, who will never be black or brown;)"

So basically what you're saying is that the "average" guy with a job who trains consistently for 10 or more years (but does not compete) should not be awarded a black belt, and only elite BJJ mundials competitors/VT fighters should get it?

My instructor is from BTT. He said he promotes on quote "what you know". Period.

And I guess whom ever here is better than Rickson, is qualified to second guess him as an instructor. With his own son. lol

ttt

anyone else feel free to post video.

I have a womens match, but the crap takes forever to download.

""Guy should be a blackbelt belt. Classic Rickson sandbagging."
Actually, this just proves that black belts are being given out all to easily in BJJ right now.

Seriously, the entire bjj community should promote Rickson to red belt and force all the bjj black belts given out the last five years to retest and be re-certified by Rickson.

One BJJ Nation, under Rickson.
"

No it doesn't.

I was always under the impression that getting your black belt was based on your execution and knowledge, not solely on execution of moves. I have seen wrestlers win against blue belts with less than 6 months of training and a VERY limited arsenault of bjj moves. And not in just little local tournaments. Doesn't mean they are purple belts. I like that his instructor doesn't feel the need to justify his decision to anyone, we don't train with his son every day, and he does. I would be in Kron's division, same belt and weight, and I don't have a problem with it.

Wow Moriarty is no joke.

Kron is on a fucking tear. Holy sh!t.

I think Rockson was a purple when he died.