Kron wins Pan Am brown Absolute

It's Rickson's jj and it's Rickson's son. I think he can decide what's a black belt or not in his own acadamy.

Besides, if people aren't complaining that belts are getting watered down, they're complaining that belts are being sandbagged.

yea hix...a shirt and a mag

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/bjjdna/DSC08082.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/bjjdna/DSC08083.jpg

i've watched Kron fight live several times and i've never seen anything like it...his transition from move to move...his quickness and reaction time...always 2 steps ahead

against Moriarty Kron was working the choke...it was as if he was just waiting...and in a blink of the eye...fight over...armbar

at the mundials he beat the guy that won the absolute and if you get the chance watch the video...kron's base is sick

at the gracie fit expo tourny absolute finals Kron pulled guard...i turned and looked away for a moment and the fight was over...that fast

the kid has the gift...carries teh rickson gene

Where does he train and how often?

ttt

Awesome pics!

congrats kron.

ttt

Very impressive win for Kron considering what a badass Moriarity is.

I agree that it's Rickson's call. Getting a blackbelt from him is like getting basketball instruction from Jordan. It's not just a BJJ blactbelt, it's a Rickson blackbelt. His name, his decision. Maybe he feels that the standards for the BB should be raised due to the increased popularity of BJJ and the evolution of the game. So when Kron finally gets the blackbelt, it's Rickson saying he has truly become a master at JJ. What comes after blackbelt? I have heard of higher degrees, but isn't that related to seniority and years of teaching? Help on this question would be appreciated.

"Moriarty hasn't been a brown all that long"

At most places, the time between brown to black belt is 1-2 years.

have watched kron on u tube .... he is insane good . u could argue this subject either way ( the belt issue )since there isnt a rule ( who wants one ) ... we know the bottom line

questions ? ... for all that study krons game ...IS a very hi % of krons sub and setup game .... by using the collar and or sleeves ?

for anyone that really watches him ? do u think his no gi game will be at the same or close to the same level AS HIS GI GAME vs the best ... will he be so dominant ?

how would u rate his takedown and takedown defense on a d1 level be ?

could u put him agaist at least ..a current mid level d1 wrestler ( in a strictly takedown contest ) and do well , hold his own , or dominate , get dominated ?

Congrats!  One of our guys competed in the brown belt absolute also, he won his 1st 2 matches, then lost the 3rd 4-3.

"Actually, this just proves that black belts are being given out all to easily in BJJ right now."

"They do seem to be a dime a dozen these days"

Yep, just saw a bunch of BJJ black belts standing on the corner with a sign, "will roll for food." Times are tough.

Dan

the kids attack is all basic moves, his speed and transitions are on another level.

ttt for Kronic Gracie

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/djblack925/kronbud.jpg

Nice job of reporting by respected UG member mrzipplokk!! 

ttt for Rickson and Kron!!

anyone got a comment to my questions on page 5 ???

"I wonder what peoples feelings would be regarding Kron, if he weren't a Gracie, and instead was a student at some random jiu jitsu school in the midwest whose instructor isn't famous or even that well known. Personally, I think if this was the case, I think most people WOULD consider that sandbagging.

But, he's a Gracie and Rickson is his instructor so it's OK."

It would actually depend on the teacher. If that hypothetical teacher had passed others onto blackbelt rank easily, or because they had a plump persian ass, you would have a point.

How many black belts are under Rickson? And how easily did they attain belt rank?? Perhaps other instructors are giving out black belts too easily. Add to that the fact that we are talking about the son of one of the best jiu jitsu players of the last 50 years.. Well I think calling Kron's brown belt status "sandbagging" really just sounds like what it probably is: Gracie hating.

how much weight was he giving up? on youtube he looks rather small. i would say less than 150

"I'm doing this because when he goes black, there's no going back!"

aint that teh truth!

Must be tough being Rickson's son, in addition to everyone looking to beat you to make a name for themself.